The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know how much of the 16 marks are for A02 and how much are for A03 please? Obviously 9 is for description, but are there any rough boundaries for A02 and A03? x

Also, how are you all trying to revise this? There's so much to memorise!
Reply 981
Original post by Noodlzzz
Here you go. Got 23/25 for it :smile:

oh thankyou! but it doesn't let me open it :frown: any chance you could post it on here please? :smile:

have you got any other essays that scored highly because i'm kinda struggling :frown: would be great help
I just want to let you all know something. I did this exam in Jan and most of us got marked down because 'we didn't have enough issues, debates and approaches' = that was the excuse for every single paper. AQA suck
Original post by sillysal
oh thankyou! but it doesn't let me open it :frown: any chance you could post it on here please? :smile:

have you got any other essays that scored highly because i'm kinda struggling :frown: would be great help

Just tried it, working fine for me, don't know what's the problem!
Reply 984
Original post by Noodlzzz
Just tried it, working fine for me, don't know what's the problem!

i don't have the new version of word :frown:
Original post by Becksiee26
CAN. NOT. DO. AN ESSAY.ON. GROUP.DISPLAY.

feeling really stressed.

Anyone got a PLAN?
I feel I have TOO much to write about and dont know how to put it across.. "/

don't worry :smile:
It makes so much more sense for this exam to be split into three individual exams. They should do it like that and seperate them by a few days each. I swear, I remember a third of the exam (one topic), move on to the next and forget most of it again. ):
Original post by sweet&petitee
haha! i know that feeling, except i still dont feel like i have enough!!

my typical essay is likely to be in this type of strutcture...

power threat hypothesis (a01)
matthews (a02)
clark (a02)
evaluation on how if it is due to evolution we should all have same perceived threats therefore weaken support.
mullen (a02)
deindividuation (IDA)
deterministic (IDA)
Xenophobia (a01)
evans et al (a02)
evaluation against evans
Le Bon & contagion (IDA)
Reductionist (IDA)

it probably makes no sense!! sorry

What's IDA? :/
eugh i dont know, i just dont feel i can write coherently talking about group displays. I feel there is a lot to say about neural & hormonal. What other topics are you doing?

gender and bio rhythms. what about you?
Original post by dr.phalange

:biggrin:
Hey guys I am Doing relationships, bio rhythms and eating behaviour. Other exams have stopped me from revisiong so I need some predictions and will just take my chances...(Azma luck we call it in India!)

Help will be much appreciated.
OR you could advice me on some 1 day revision :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by antipesto93
:biggrin:

that answers my question....
Original post by dr.phalange

IDA is issues, approaches and debates. It basically is required to get into top grade boundaries. It counts as A02 and the stuff you have to include is nature/nurture, free will/determinism, holistic/reductionist, gender bias (alpha/beta), cultural bias (ethnocentric, emic, etic), practical applications and ethics.

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by safwaansh
gender and bio rhythms. what about you?

Eating and relationships, eugh, can't wait til this exams over!
Eating and relationships, eugh, can't wait til this exams over!

i'm more cocerned about PSYA4. i havent even started learning research methods yet!
Reply 995
in this exam i find people put in way more detail than whats required.

For 25 marks you need 9 points of knowledge for 1 mark each (ao1)

you then need 6 studies/investigations and apply them to the question/knowledge for 2 marks each (ao2)

all you need to do is then evaluate 4 of the studies you used in the ao2 section in terms of how the way the study was conducted may limit validity/reliability of results, e.g. if the study involved a questionnaire you could say "the results may lack reliability because a questionnaire was used, thus may be exposed to bias eg social desirability.." or another example is if the investigation was only conducted on males you could say "the results may lack external validity as the investigation was only conducted on males/females and cannot be generalised to the other gender." for one mark each (ao3)

alot of unnecessary detail goes into the ao3.. it's probably the least complicated ao.

ALSO REMEMBER YOU DO NOT NEED NAMES OF THE RESEARCHERS. YOU WILL NOT DROP MARKS FOR NOT INCLUDING NAMES. NO WHERE IN THE AQA A SPEC FOR UNIT 3 DOES IT "THE FOLLOWING RESEARCH IS REQUIRED..." you can simply start explaining a study by saying "in a study involving 116 males from australia....."

it's all exam technique really.
Reply 996
Original post by storm112
in this exam i find people put in way more detail than whats required.

For 25 marks you need 9 points of knowledge for 1 mark each (ao1)

you then need 6 studies/investigations and apply them to the question/knowledge for 2 marks each (ao2)

all you need to do is then evaluate 4 of the studies you used in the ao2 section in terms of how the way the study was conducted may limit validity/reliability of results, e.g. if the study involved a questionnaire you could say "the results may lack reliability because a questionnaire was used, thus may be exposed to bias eg social desirability.." or another example is if the investigation was only conducted on males you could say "the results may lack external validity as the investigation was only conducted on males/females and cannot be generalised to the other gender." for one mark each (ao3)

alot of unnecessary detail goes into the ao3.. it's probably the least complicated ao.

ALSO REMEMBER YOU DO NOT NEED NAMES OF THE RESEARCHERS. YOU WILL NOT DROP MARKS FOR NOT INCLUDING NAMES. NO WHERE IN THE AQA A SPEC FOR UNIT 3 DOES IT "THE FOLLOWING RESEARCH IS REQUIRED..." you can simply start explaining a study by saying "in a study involving 116 males from australia....."

it's all exam technique really.

You have no idea how much relief you gave me there.
when you break it down like that it's pretty good, but I find the main problem for me is the time constraint if anything and the depth of my evaluation. I always seem to leave it like 4 or 5 words away from getting an AO2. :/
Reply 997
the fact that you do not have to include names of researchers bears a further advantage, if you are stuck for ao2 marks, you can make up a research study. I HIGHLY do not recommend this but it can be done, what you need to make sure about is that its related to your ao1 points.
Original post by safwaansh
i'm more cocerned about PSYA4. i havent even started learning research methods yet!

Ahh psya4 isn't as bad as you think :smile: i did it in jan and thoroughly surprised myself! Hope that happens on Friday! Research methods doesn't take too long to revise, don't worry :smile:
Reply 999
Original post by todsy
You have no idea how much relief you gave me there.
when you break it down like that it's pretty good, but I find the main problem for me is the time constraint if anything and the depth of my evaluation. I always seem to leave it like 4 or 5 words away from getting an AO2. :/

i also find people put way too much detail in their ao2 points also, each research study is worth 2 marks, for 1 mark you just need to BRIEFLY outline what happened in the study, briefly meaning 2 sentences max. To gain the other mark you should relate the study to one or all of your ao1 points, hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending