The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
In the following order:

Chemistry, statistics and psychology. (I might as well start the year all over again because i despise these subjects so much!
Spanish. :facepalm:
Applied Business Studies. One of my teachers is beyond hopeless and the course itself is just terrible.
Reply 463
Original post by BeccaCath94
Does anyone else do economics??

I did. My opinion of it changed often. Having every grade from A*-C for past paper questions does little for your confidence. Don't regret it now though; respected, useful for what I want to do and most of the course was interesting.
Reply 464
Does anyone else do economics??

yep and i don't regret it :biggrin: do you?
Original post by tiffster
yep and i don't regret it :biggrin: do you?

Oh i soo regret taking it!!!!
Then my fears came true wehn I got a D in the january exam :frown:
But I resat it in june so fingers crossed i got a better grade....but im dropping it soon anyway so i'll be free!!! haha

How about you?
Original post by Fergo
Applied Business Studies. One of my teachers is beyond hopeless and the course itself is just terrible.

For economics i have a really rubbish teacher!! She basically types up everything out of the textbook word for word (with spelling mistakes), then makes everyone read it out, drinks a can of diet coke a lesson, and makes us watch you tube videos.....
Original post by Kim-x
I did. My opinion of it changed often. Having every grade from A*-C for past paper questions does little for your confidence. Don't regret it now though; respected, useful for what I want to do and most of the course was interesting.

My opinion has always beeni hate it...why did i take this subject???
:/
Chemistry. Wish I took further maths instead. But alas, here I am doing chemistry at A2 -.-
Maths. Epic, epic fail. I was kind of encouraged to do it after GCSE, but it appeared I had no ability whatsoever. Then I took Chemistry AS - really don't know what I was thinking. I would have taken History and Politics or Philosophy or something instead.
R.S. - possibly the most useless, mind bogglingly boring subject which exists. Overall, a ****ing waste of my life.
Original post by MyselfEtAl
R.S. - possibly the most useless, mind bogglingly boring subject which exists. Overall, a ****ing waste of my life.

Why did you take it then?? Wasnt that obvious from GCSE...
Why did you take it then?? Wasnt that obvious from GCSE...

The GCSE was just basic stuff and I thought it would get better as it went in depth, I'm sure it actually is quite an interesting subject but my teacher sucks BIG time. Hence why I regretted taking it and hate it with a passion.
Reply 473
English Literature - the bane of my life. I enjoyed it at gcse, but I hate my teachers :frown:
I don't think I've done bad in it too, I got a High B in the coursework and the exam was okay.
I have to go back to my A2 eng lit lessons and make an "informed decision" on results day. FML
Original post by MyselfEtAl
The GCSE was just basic stuff and I thought it would get better as it went in depth, I'm sure it actually is quite an interesting subject but my teacher sucks BIG time. Hence why I regretted taking it and hate it with a passion.

Oh i seee..... :/
So did you drop it after AS?
Reply 475
Does anyone regret taking up further maths AS level?
Does anyone regret taking up further maths AS level?

I havent started it yet, im going to do it in year 13....why do you? :/
Reply 477
I havent started it yet, im going to do it in year 13....why do you? :/

i haven't started it yet either, i was just wondering because i've heard it's challenging.
i haven't started it yet either, i was just wondering because i've heard it's challenging.

All A-Levels are challenging! :colone:
Reply 479
Original post by Articaaa
All A-Levels are challenging! :colone:

I agree, but Further Maths is that extra mile challenging though because it's not just Maths, as you get to work with imaginary numbers and its all really weird
At least from all the posts and what i've heard

Quick Reply

Latest