The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lmfw
I've lost will to revise. I've got four exams left and they are ALL OCR. Anyone else feel this way? :/

OCR psychology on Friday. I cant bring myself to open the textbook.
[QUOTE="susan23;32205698"]Dont bother complainign to OCR they wont change much...
complain to these guys [email protected] are the people who assess these exam baords[/QUOTE

These are the people who I presume will regulate the examining bodies like OCR and make sure they don't blindside their candidates like this again right?

Well that's just dandy but I could really care less about future papers being fair and I'll be done with a-levels in a week or so so yeah not trying to sound selfish here but I think we should put our energy in complaining towards whoever will actually lower the grade boundaries accordingly.. OCR!!!
Reply 2562
I am pissed cus have w8ed for someone to post a Qustion paper for 2 hours
Reply 2563
Did not think this exam went well. I think time was a big issue and I started panicing and stopped thinking things through properly. I did the last essay question and buffer question with 5 minutes left and did not get the ionic equations at all! Couldn't do the last two questions of electrode potentials either... Actually, I couldn't do most of it..
ahhh...whats the point...2 exams gone, prepared my ass for both of them, and they both turned out to be gibberish and both by OCR funnily enough!!!
roll on F324.
Reply 2566
Original post by yu80359

I'm pissed because I had the Question paper for nearly that long at 1:30 and, it sucked!
[email protected]

Complain^^^ Enough complaints will get **** papers like this being produced in the future.

OCR need to learn to stick to their own specifications!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps it isn't so unreasonable, Chemistry is meant to be one of the top two hardest A-levels, shouldn't we expect the exam to reflect that?
Reply 2569
Original post by jam.wa
Does anybody know how to make dangerously acidic sweets? Only, I was thinking we should thank OCR, thank them for that paper, give them some sweets. Donate some protons into their stupid faces.

loooooooll...hahaha
this makes me so worried for G484 and G485 and F324, 3/4 of my remaining exams are OCR science, exams they can't seem to get right!!! If Chemistry was this hard, Physics will be impossible :frown:
Reply 2571
Original post by LilacTweet
Can you remember the whole question enough to go through it please? (:

Err... Cant remember the exact values
but the long line on the left was for lattice enthalpy
and the little one on the left was enthalpy of solution

the top one on the right was enthalpy of hydration for Cl- (you had to multiply that one by 2 as there were 2Cl- ions)

aand the bottom one on the right was enthalpy of hydration for Mg2+ which you had to work out
Reply 2572
Original post by yu80359

You do realise that this makes you sound like a whiney toddler having a tantrum? Yes it was a hard paper. Yes seeing the paper again would be cool. However you do not have a 'right' to see the paper, we technically shouldnt have seen the biology paper again until after results day. It is copyrighted material and for you to see a copy someone has tohave stolen one, so yea, be happy if you do get to see it, but dont bitch when you dont... Dont people have other exams anyway, could be grade boundaries are low enough we can still get the grades we need, but if we fail the rest of our exams we are ****ed.
Reply 2573
Original post by susan23

Original post by susan23
loooooooll...hahaha

...said the OCR examiner
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by BackDoorEntry
[email protected]

Complain^^^ Enough complaints will get **** papers like this being produced in the future.

what did they put in the exam exactly that isn't in the specification then mate? it all looked fine to me...
Original post by Andygunner93
Perhaps it isn't so unreasonable, Chemistry is meant to be one of the top two hardest A-levels, shouldn't we expect the exam to reflect that?

Very true. I found all the typical hard questions hard as natural, but you are sitting an exam one level from studying degree level chemistry (no walk in the park). By curiosity, what is your opinion on the 3 hardest alevels?? ... obviously without doing each and everyone it is impossible to say but generally speaking ??
For anyone who has yet to join the F325 hate facebook page the link is F325 **** ass paper

Tell all your freinds too. Together we can change the future and our fate.:biggrin:
Reply 2577
My goodness what is your problem with it being hard? It's the same for everyone! In fact the harder it is the better the paper distinguishes strong candidates from weak ones. It means that if you get an A or an A* you really are good and you can't get it by fluking to top marks in an easy exam.

Complaining to OCR is just silly... They're actually a good exam board IMHO. Sure there were a few dodgy bits but compared to like edexcel who are an absolute farce...
It was a fair paper to be fair, i made loads of mistakes after being rushed, but it has to be 100 marks, and there were questions in there which were hard, but surely that's what distinguishes people apart?

Btw before you say anything, i didn't get the delta g or the equilibrium question right -_- though that was because of time issues as opposed to unfair questions...
Original post by BackDoorEntry
[email protected]

I performed bad and I accept that, the magic tang question was application of knowledge of buffers and the validity part was 1/2 marks of a 100 mark paper. The other 98 marks were reasonable (my opinion). The questions like the 4,4 bipy polymer was an A* question put in for the best students and I'm sure there must've been people who were able to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending