The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiffster
I agree, but Further Maths is that extra mile challenging though because it's not just Maths, as you get to work with imaginary numbers and its all really weird
At least from all the posts and what i've heard

Have you done FSMQ?
Reply 481
Original post by Articaaa
Have you done FSMQ?

what is FSMQ short for?
what is FSMQ short for?

Free Standing Maths Qualification. It is like the gap between GCSE and A-Levell..
Reply 483
Free Standing Maths Qualification. It is like the gap between GCSE and A-Levell..

If i have done add maths, will i be able to cope better with further maths?
French. :frown:
Original post by magap
If i have done add maths, will i be able to cope better with further maths?

Yees, because it contains parts from Further Maths etcc.
Reply 486
I regret choosing economics :frown:
Film studies.Think I was on crack when I enrolled for that.
Reply 488

no i haven't done that. But i've done Maths A level stats
Reply 489
Original post by Bambie_X
I regret choosing economics :frown:

oh no how come? was it the AS course or the A2 course? or just in general
Chemistry & Biology.

Was planning to do Medicine originally, but then swapped over to wanting to do History instead, of course this was at the end of the AS year when I had changed my mind, and so there were few options other than to carry them on... -_-

Biology I'm interested in but do poorly in exams...

Chemistry I find tedious but do relatively well in exams...

So it's kinda bad for both lol...
english ****ing literature.
Computing. It turns out that despite being good at maths and being previously able to program, I am terrible at computing.
Reply 493
carrying on biology. that was stupid.
Original post by .snowflake.
maths. Got an A at GCSE. Hope I get a D at AS...

erm hi, im just a doing my last week of GCSE exams, and l really wanted to know just how hard a level maths is, and some steps to ensure a A grade in (which is wat l am determined to do) perhaps start revising during the holiday, 3 months before a levels start, anything please open to ideas. :confused::biggrin:

l got a C in maths btw retaking hopefully for a B.

thx you:borat:
Reply 495
oh no how come? was it the AS course or the A2 course? or just in general

Ive just completed the AS, I will continue to A2 as My college don't offer that many great A Levels so i'll just stick what I have. I regret taking it because I didn't know how much extra time I had to put it out of class because I struggled a bit :frown:

It is interesting though!
Original post by Bullet Knuckle
erm hi, im just a doing my last week of GCSE exams, and l really wanted to know just how hard a level maths is, and some steps to ensure a A grade in (which is wat l am determined to do) perhaps start revising during the holiday, 3 months before a levels start, anything please open to ideas. :confused::biggrin:

l got a C in maths btw retaking hopefully for a B.

thx you:borat:

If you got a C at GCSE, I really don't recommend doing Maths AS.
I got a B at GCSE then started A Level, and I found it almost impossible to keep up. That was even with having done some 'bridging the gap' studying over the holidays. Ended up getting a D. Everyone's different, though.
Maths, dropped it! And GovPol. Really should have taken a heavily based coursework subject.
Reply 498
PHYSICCCCCCCCCCCCSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AGHHHHH THE WORST EXAM BOARD IN THE UNIVERSE OF BORING LAND OF CRAPISTAN AND BORED. OCR B!!!! IS SOOOOOO CRAP!!!!

however I do enjoy physics I just don't enjoy learning about BLOODY CD's!!!!! IN PHYSICS YOU SEE IM MORE OF A PARTICLE PHYSICS PERSON!!!
Reply 499
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
What subject did you find rigorously difficult.
Might it be anything from Chemistry, Physics or even Maths!

Out of that list, I did Chemistry and Maths, none of which were rigorously difficult. There were certain topics that were tricky but none of the subjects has a whole were horrible. I most regret choosing BTEC Level National Award Health and Social Care. Some of the units were awful and so time consuming. Not all Universities accept BTEC's as genuine A Levels, luckily, my Uni does, but yeah, if I could do 6th form all over again (which I wouldn't!!!), I wouldn't have done Health and Social Care.

Quick Reply

Latest