The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sablarrr
You've managed to get some voluntary work, therefore you win.

Never mind the whole prefect business. :tongue:

:smile: :cool:
Original post by sablarrr
I see in your sig that you applied to Aberdeen :smile: I'm hoping to apply there this year. I love Aberdeen :love:

Everything I seem to write, just sounds so crap. Not to mention, cheesy as hell. And that's worrying, cos I'll be applying to PS heavy unis.

Just keep on going! :smile: You'll be fine, I'm sure of it :smile:
Original post by manic_fuzz
ahh, i'm spending two weeks in london for work ex at the end of this month and i can't wait! :biggrin:

:s-smilie: i really have noooooo idea, i went to a residential thingy at Oxford and the city + university was just amazing! like yes, i knew it would be great, but somehow it completely went above expectations, and i'm going to cambridge at the end of this month but i don't think i like the idea of there. I really like the thought of going to UCL though, and i thought about peninsula because it's close and i'd get an extra grant if i went, though that's a terrible reason for wanting to go there :tongue: otherwise i have no idea :/ i really need to start looking into it *looks to his left to see a pile of disregarded prospectuses* but i think i'll see how the UKCAT goes before making any concrete decisions :tongue:

:smile: how about you??

I just went through loads of prospectuses (don't worry I'll research further :wink:) and I think I like the look of the UEA, Barts, Leicester and Hull York :biggrin: Though I need to see what the last 3 are like for UKCAT/PS/GCSEs etc.
Reply 4343
Original post by JChoudhry
Ooooh, you did RS a year early as well! *high five* :biggrin:

Whereabouts in London do you study? :smile: Because I've heard not many schools offer RS in year 11 :p: My school was one of the few. lol

yh i did and i loved it i just took the A2 exam for it on monday so ill have a whole alevel a year early hopefully at an A grade :smile: i went to archbishop tenision schoolin croydon but move to langley park school sixthform in bromley this year and they let me carry it on :biggrin:
Original post by Limitless
Just got some volunteering work at the local hospital :smile:
And probably some at Cancer research UK from the 4th of July.
But I got told I never became a prefect because not enough teachers voted for me, stupid popularity contest.

wow! well done, how'd you get voluntary? i keep getting rejected!

well done man though

yup, perfects/headboys = popularity contest, uni's don't giva darn
Original post by anonnymous

well done man though

xD At our school we had student leaders.... and the popular kids avoided being them :eek:
Original post by Joseppea
xD At our school we had student leaders.... and the popular kids avoided being them :eek:

sadly, it's not the same in ours.

it's a popularity contest

ABSOLUTELY USELESS

well done man though

I just rang up they said they have a place at the local hospital they sent the paperwork through the post I filled it in and sent it back, then they rang my references and one of them never replied so I waited like a month and then rang them up again to see what's going on they said my reference never replied so I told my reference to send it again and he did. Then I waited another month and it turns out they never knew how to contact me. I ended up ringing them today and I just have to go on tuesday to get briefed and CRB checked and I can start I think.
I just rang up they said they have a place at the local hospital they sent the paperwork through the post I filled it in and sent it back, then they rang my references and one of them never replied so I waited like a month and then rang them up again to see what's going on they said my reference never replied so I told my reference to send it again and he did. Then I waited another month and it turns out they never knew how to contact me. I ended up ringing them today and I just have to go on tuesday to get briefed and CRB checked and I can start I think.

I applied 9 months ago, rang every month and got told to ring again

and i got rejected.
I applied 9 months ago, rang every month and got told to ring again

and i got rejected.

Any luck on other work experience?
Any luck on other work experience?

:smile: none so far, but i've applied to my GP, and also one nursing home who will get back to me, so yeah kind-of hoping for something

^^ about to email some consultants, and one more nursing home right now

there has to be one place that will take me
:smile: none so far, but i've applied to my GP, and also one nursing home who will get back to me, so yeah kind-of hoping for something

^^ about to email some consultants, and one more nursing home right now

there has to be one place that will take me

Yeah, I regret leaving everything to the last minute.
Original post by aggie30
yh i did and i loved it i just took the A2 exam for it on monday so ill have a whole alevel a year early hopefully at an A grade :smile: i went to archbishop tenision schoolin croydon but move to langley park school sixthform in bromley this year and they let me carry it on :biggrin:

Oh haha. Not the one I had in mind :p: Or maybe it is, I can't remember :laugh:

I'm sure you did fine :smile:
ive got some work experience lined up in a hospital and helping out with brownies etc. but majorly worried about my exams, do you reackon its worth doing the extended project? i havent heard of an medical schools lowering offers due to it but dunnno if its worth a try ... x
Original post by beckymilts
ive got some work experience lined up in a hospital and helping out with brownies etc. but majorly worried about my exams, do you reackon its worth doing the extended project? i havent heard of an medical schools lowering offers due to it but dunnno if its worth a try ... x

The extended project doesn't affect the grades you need to get in. Some people mention it in their personal statement if the topic was related to healthcare in some way but to be perfectly honest; it isn't a major factor either way.

If you want to do it then go for it.
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
The extended project doesn't affect the grades you need to get in. Some people mention it in their personal statement if the topic was related to healthcare in some way but to be perfectly honest; it isn't a major factor either way.

Lesicter Medical School accept it as an a/s level, that can replace any other one ^^

Oxford, and other universities do not make offers based on it, but it shows you have a lot of skills, a lot of self directed learning, and an excellent way to demonstrate interests.
Lesicter Medical School accept it as an a/s level, that can replace any other one ^^

Oxford, and other universities do not make offers based on it, but it shows you have a lot of skills, a lot of self directed learning, and an excellent way to demonstrate interests.

Yes but they don't 'lower' the requirements if you do the project.

That was what I was trying to say, perhaps not very well :tongue: Mea culpa etc
Yes but they don't 'lower' the requirements if you do the project.

That was what I was trying to say, perhaps not very well :tongue: Mea culpa etc

ohh:smile: then you're spot on, they don't

^^ but it is very useful, as the skills you learn will make transition into university that bit easier

thankyou :smile: i reackon i might aswell start it and see how it goes x
Original post by Normandy114
ENTJ here, with 11%, 38%, 1% and 44% preferences. I was INTJ last time I took it, so it seem I've become more extroverted since then :cool:

Apparently you're a perfectionist and rationalist... total opposite to me, I get bored of tasks quickly and am easily affected by emotions/want to me liked apparently. :p: I can see both personality types as doctors though. :ninja:

I was introverted when I did the test a couple of years ago as well, but tbh I'm only "slightly expressed extravert" so not much has changed really. :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending