The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by Iron&Wine
ATP stores are probably not environmental.

What exactly was the seaweed question about?

The seaweed question was about the wavelengths which are absorbed at different depths, you needed to pick the suitable position for each plant, as the pigments in their respective chloroplasts absorbed light at different wavelengths.
Reply 721
ATP stores are probably not environmental.

What exactly was the seaweed question about?

Thanks for putting it gently btw..
Original post by Core
Thanks for putting it gently btw..

There's no other way to put it...

Which core practical came?
Reply 723

Um... was there one, thats a good question, nope there was not. we did have to answers a graph question which i feared would lead to a core practical that i had not revised, but this was not the case.
Reply 724

I should have just stuck to oxygen concentration shouldn't I? I was told not to doubt my answers before i went into the exam room.
Original post by Core
I should have just stuck to oxygen concentration shouldn't I? I was told not to doubt my answers before i went into the exam room.

Well, it seems as though this exam was hard judging by the responses of everyone here. January 2010 6BI04 had low boundaries and I don't even think the exam was that hard. This exam might have lower boundaries.

For the rate of rigor mortis question, do you remember the exact wording of the question?
Original post by Rothers
1). Is it really that difficult to speak properly?

2). I don't understand your first 3 points and on your 4th point, you are just totally wrong on everything, apart from that yes the temperature does decrease the furthur from the ecuator... Would help you, but I can't.

oh sorry!! my brain getd blogged after ryting so many exams!! :smile:

hehehe dats nyc 2 knw dat u would have helped! :smile:

i was just askind about da question where dey asked about which species would be better adapted at regions farther away 4m da equator?

dats all 4 now thnx! :smile:
Reply 727
what did u write for that 6 marsk question on succession ?
Reply 728
Well, it seems as though this exam was hard judging by the responses of everyone here. January 2010 6BI04 had low boundaries and I don't even think the exam was that hard. This exam might have lower boundaries.

For the rate of rigor mortis question, do you remember the exact wording of the question?

Yes it wanted the environmental factors immediately after death, it would be reasonable to assume that environmental factors can not change so drastically immediately following death.

At any rate i said temperature, maybe i should have said insulation, my but i said atp stores, o well.
Reply 729
Original post by Flutterby 92
oh sorry!! my brain getd blogged after ryting so many exams!! :smile:

hehehe dats nyc 2 knw dat u would have helped! :smile:

i was just askind about da question where dey asked about which species would be better adapted at regions farther away 4m da equator?

dats all 4 now thnx! :smile:

The question btw was actually which species is best adapted to live at a range of distances from the ecuator not just which was adapted best to live at regions farther away from the ecuator.

The species which grew better across a range of temperatures (the 3 different ones in the table) are better adapted to live at a range of distances from the ecuator, I can't remember the species names but that was how you were meant to work out the answer.
Reply 731
i still cant believe u could have done this exam witout knowing any bio
no photsynhtesis came up, one 2 mark Q on phtolysis does not account for LDR,LIP (calvin cycle) etc!!!!
forensic, one 3 mark question on gel electrophreis does not account for PCR, gene probes, other genetics
and WTF not a single question on immunity (no specific, non specific, b and t cells, types, TB or HIV)
and most of all u spend weeks doin pointless practical lesson when not even a single one came up, its simply appaling.
what are you goin to do next for my exam, maybe no respiration or nerve impulses, i might aswell not revise at all considering i colud have dont it without any god damn knowledge!!!!!!!! grrrrr (sorry for the rant)
Reply 732
This exam went HORRIBLE for me! And to think I got comfortable As in every past paper that I did! ARGH!! What the heck was with the wavelength seaweed question?? and all those horrible questions about viruses being treated with antibiotics?

I AM NOT HAPPY. Do you guys think they will lower the grade boundaries for this one?
Reply 733
Original post by Spain'93
This exam went HORRIBLE for me! And to think I got comfortable As in every past paper that I did! ARGH!! What the heck was with the wavelength seaweed question?? and all those horrible questions about viruses being treated with antibiotics?

I AM NOT HAPPY. Do you guys think they will lower the grade boundaries for this one?

They are already fairly low, maybe by 1/2 marks if lucky.
Who else knew it was epidermis cos of the simpsons :smile:
Reply 735
http://www.studential.com/applying/guide_to_A_level_results_day_2011

TELL YOU WHAT TO DO ON RESULT DAY
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 736
looool okay!!! so the global warming quesition :O the fossil fuel one, lols i completely ran out of ideas!! and i knew i had to make up the 6 marks with atleast 6 points...i had a philosophy exam that morning, and so i just ended up saying '' well too much of society relies on fossil fuels for things such as petrol for cars, therefore reducing the use will ruin the natural flow of society and cause havoc'' loooool
Original post by abiadu
looool okay!!! so the global warming quesition :O the fossil fuel one, lols i completely ran out of ideas!! and i knew i had to make up the 6 marks with atleast 6 points...i had a philosophy exam that morning, and so i just ended up saying '' well too much of society relies on fossil fuels for things such as petrol for cars, therefore reducing the use will ruin the natural flow of society and cause havoc'' loooool

Lol I ranted about how scientists could be funded be oil companies, CO2 may not be the cause but sun spots could be, nobody really knows, I think I said burning in general such as using biofuels still makes CO2, and rambled that they thought if we planted more forests it would be a better solution! fml!
hahahhaha i think every1 completely 4got abt da LEG AND JAW QUESTION :wink: ????

sooo wat did u guys ryt?? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending