The Student Room Group

OCR B Salters - F335 Exam - 15 June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tkoki1993
are you completely sureeeE????? lool
I'm trying to hang on to as many marks as possible to maintain my sanity. When I realise my answer is wrong, I still probably delude myself its right just to remain happy lol

Im not 100% but a few other people got 7.44g on the thread. People who got 19g wasnt that on another mass question?
Reply 801
Original post by jungdao
It partially dissociates but when all the H+ reacts with the NaOH, more dissociates and it keeps happening until all the H+ have been used up. So, the fact that is a weak acid is irrelevant. :smile:

but isn't that like the point of the question... that the students assumption was wrong?
woohoo!!! someone else with 19.4!!!
the happiness has returned

:biggrin:

Ha! Lets just ignore everyone else's answer and remain in happiness.. until the mark scheme is released and then we can know for sure! :biggrin:
Oh no I made so many silly mistakes in this exam :frown:

Bye bye firm offer
There were SO many calculation questions in this paper, it's becoming a blur. :frown:
Reply 805
Original post by arsenalman
Im not 100% but a few other people got 7.44g on the thread. People who got 19g wasnt that on another mass question?

oh right..... all the calculation questions have become a bit of a blur to me. I cant really remember the paper that well. I just remember getting 19 for one question about mass and just assumed that was the question everyone is talking about
Original post by brendan.
There were SO many calculation questions in this paper, it's becoming a blur. :frown:

Thats the thing i like about chemistry because i do further maths it helps.
Reply 807
but isn't that like the point of the question... that the students assumption was wrong?

Yeah, so the student thought he would need less NaOH but he was wrong because he would still need it all. The fact that it's a weak acid doesn't affect the amount of NaOH needed for titration, which is the opposite of what he thought. :smile: You'd probably get marks for talking about the acid dissociating more once the initial H+ is used up, and about equilibrium.
I remember getting 7.2 for one of the pH questions, that is all
Reply 809
Original post by jungdao
Yeah, so the student thought he would need less NaOH but he was wrong because he would still need it all. The fact that it's a weak acid doesn't affect the amount of NaOH needed for titration, which is the opposite of what he thought. :smile: You'd probably get marks for talking about the acid dissociating more once the initial H+ is used up, and about equilibrium.

so what was the actual answer???

Same. Just looking at people spurting numbers out. I can't decide whether or not I actually put that number down in a question or if I'm just subconsciously fooling myself into thinking I did to preserve my own sanity.
Ha! Lets just ignore everyone else's answer and remain in happiness.. until the mark scheme is released and then we can know for sure! :biggrin:

This chemistry exam is the first exam ive been happy after this summer. My other exams ive done were S2 and unit 4 biology both by edexcel. I think edexcel have made all their exams harder or different from the past papers this summer or is it just me?

There is no answer to these questions you just have to make it up :smile:
Reply 813
This chemistry exam is the first exam ive been happy after this summer. My other exams ive done were S2 and unit 4 biology both by edexcel. I think edexcel have made all their exams harder or different from the past papers this summer or is it just me?

S2 was just a mind game

:mad:
Reply 814

The student was wrong because the strength of the acid doesn't affect how much NaOH is needed.

The acid partially dissociates and the H+ reacts with NaOH. Like with a buffer solution if [H+] decreases, the equilibrium will shift to the right and more acid will dissociate to bring the [H+] back up. This will keep happening until all the H+ have reacted with NaOH, so all the NaOH is needed.
Reply 815
There is no answer to these questions you just have to make it up :smile:

so whats the point of the question!!! the joys of salters.....
:cool:
Reply 816
Can anyone remember the question to the 4 marker calculation at the end ?
Reply 817
Original post by limetang
Same. Just looking at people spurting numbers out. I can't decide whether or not I actually put that number down in a question or if I'm just subconsciously fooling myself into thinking I did to preserve my own sanity.

Exactly the same with me. Ive herd 7.4 so many times. Im not sure whether I actually wrote that down or whether I think I wrote it down because of all the times ive read it.
Reply 818
Original post by jungdao
The student was wrong because the strength of the acid doesn't affect how much NaOH is needed.

The acid partially dissociates and the H+ reacts with NaOH. Like with a buffer solution if [H+] decreases, the equilibrium will shift to the right and more acid will dissociate to bring the [H+] back up. This will keep happening until all the H+ have reacted with NaOH, so all the NaOH is needed.

well that makes sense... how many marks was the question...
and while i'm talking about marks, anyone got THE PAPER?
please upload.... you'd get showered with pos rep if you do :biggrin:
Original post by tom108
Can anyone remember the question to the 4 marker calculation at the end ?

You had to work out the mass of NaH2-something needed to make the buffer solution. they gave the concentration of the other substance which was 0.1 and they gave you the Ph and ka value. thats all i can remember

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending