The Student Room Group

AQA A2 HISTORY: The Triumph of Elizabeth, 1547-1603

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Digg93
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were for the coursework btw.

Raw Mark All / 60....UMS /80
A* 57 ....72
A 50 ....64
B 44 ....56
C 38 ....48
D 32 ....40
E 26 ....32

From last year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1141
However, they do change every year so there is no way of knowing for sure...
Reply 1142
Ok thanks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1143
Original post by liammayet

I thought the Q went alright to be honest :smile:

but members of parliament are not ministers!
Original post by katieb1
but members of parliament are not ministers!

They are if he specified ones that were in the PC as well.
Reply 1145
Original post by yahyahyahs

yeah i know, but [+ im not having a go at liam because i did it too!] wentworth + cope etc were not ministers hence why im worried!
Original post by katieb1
yeah i know, but [+ im not having a go at liam because i did it too!] wentworth + cope etc were not ministers hence why im worried!

I guess you could class MPs as ministers. One of the purposes of Tudor parliaments was to be a point of contact between Crown and nation (and also to advise the monarch, although Lizzy didn't really care for this aspect) so you could argue that these men 'ministered' to, or served, the Queen. As long as this was made very clear I think it would definitely be OK, but without explanation it might seem like an error. I'm sure it will be fine - stop panicking! :smile:
Reply 1147

The only members of parliament which were ministers to Elizabeth throughout her reign were those that were also serving in her privy council. Her ministers are those in her government i.e. those that meet regularly not the people in parliament who met what 13 times over her reign?
However, because of positive marking, as long as you also talked about members of the Privy Council, you are likely to be fine. You simply won't get marks for the section of your essay on parliament.
Original post by RowanL
The only members of parliament which were ministers to Elizabeth throughout her reign were those that were also serving in her privy council. Her ministers are those in her government i.e. those that meet regularly not the people in parliament who met what 13 times over her reign?
However, because of positive marking, as long as you also talked about members of the Privy Council, you are likely to be fine. You simply won't get marks for the section of your essay on parliament.

Well I really don't care now because we never have to do history again and I didn't do that question!
You guys need to stop whining about this exam, what is done is done speculating about results and answers will just make any angst you have grow into a full on obsession.

I always try to follow this quote from Tiger Woods " If I hit a bad shot I think about it for the next 5 seconds and then move on to the task ahead". Some of you guys need to take note of this.
lol, I'm with Greg. Anyway, who are we to define 'minister'..sorry Oxford English
I called upon the moderators to delete this thread a while ago yet it seems they have proven themselves to be utterly incompetent and useless. This website is some form of latter-day Nazi dictatorship if you consider its profound hypocrisy and autocratic grips on power over threads!
why delete? All the memories :frown: lol

but, it will be useful for following years to refer to... oh wait, DELETE THIS THREAD! SOME OF US MAY HAVE TO RESIT NEXT YEAR AND DO NOT WANT TO GIVE OUR COMPETITORS THE EDGE!!
Reply 1153
People are still posting in this?
I keep getting e-mails about it... it's almost a week people.
Original post by Philip_H
People are still posting in this?
I keep getting e-mails about it... it's almost a week people.

But the re-sit is less than a year away :wink:
Luckily our teachers anticipated questions just like the ones that came up would come up so we had many of our lessons devoted to the topics
bad news is i either was still in bed/ wasnt listening...

for Q1 i wrote about the 3 main rebellions and theyre political origins and then their religious orgins and analysed them. this is what I wrote in a nutshell....

Western: Political - sheep taxing (eg affected many due to the area being very rural)
Religious book of common prayer (although it had only been released for about 10 days before the rebellion started and about the large amount of protestants in poole during marys reign... hoping theyll accept it as a point)

Kett: Political - sheep taxing thing (cant remember the actual name of the act but i did write it in the exam)
couldnt think of anything for religious, i brushed over the kett rebellion and went into more depth on the western and spoke more of the outcomes for the kett out of desperation.... :/

wyatt: Political- something to do with spanish marriage and the geographical location of kent meaning a threat of invasion from france - long term enemy of spain... again hoping its a valid point...
Religious - something about it was one of the more protestant counties in the country and i linked it with their desire to place elizabeth on the throne

Dont remember exactly what I wrote but this was the general jist

Q3 I discussed firstly about how she appointed her minister aka appointed some of her own and used some of marys - linked with balence of protestant and catholics and how this helped her intially with her ACT of uniformity (please say that was the act!) and i think i wrote some more on gaining their support in her early days
spoke in depth about burghley and Dudley and factions and how they served her well
mentioned how burghley disobeyed her orders about the death warrent of MQoS
but i mentioned that he did this to protect her so it was serving her well
then i mentioned factions between cecil and essex and about all her old ministers dying and dealing with a new generation of ministers - therefore she lost a degree of authority
then i spoke about the essex rebellion and shakespeare's play henry II being aimed at her as negitives to her later years

I also chucked in a good degree of historical interp and evaluated them/ supported them with evidence where possible.

I need a B in history overall, Ive so far got a high B - AS USA 1890-1945 (79 UMS) and a B -personal study (47 marks out of 60...not sure on the UMS score)
waiting on results for my holocaust resit but I think ive got perhaps a mid/low C? (didnt got too well)
what would I need to get ideally in the Elizabeth exam to get a B overall
Also judging by what Ive put above does it look like I'm on track to getting this mark ?
Quick question on an essay which is troubling me...

How likely was it that Edward’s “device for the succession” was to succeed in making Jane Queen?

Any help would be great.
Original post by Harry.K
Quick question on an essay which is troubling me...

How likely was it that Edward’s “device for the succession” was to succeed in making Jane Queen?

Any help would be great.

Wow, I thought this thread was dead.

Answer to your question: not very - nobility ultimately supported Mary, sidelining any religious affiliations, because the Third Act of Succession declared her the rightful heir and she was H8's eldest child. They were respectful of the Tudor line of succession. Northumberland leaving London only cemented Mary's position further.
Hey folks, gonna stick up the grade boundaries.

A*-- A --- B --- C --- D --- E
71-- 61 -- 51 - 42 -- 33 -- 24

for the coursework

55 --50 -- 44 - 38 -- 32 -- 27

Makes the 57 I got in the coursework seem much nicer! 61 is very low compared to last year for the A (I believe it was around 72 ish last year).

I hope everyone gets what they want!
Reply 1159
Original post by HampshireDave
Hey folks, gonna stick up the grade boundaries.

71-- 61 -- 51 - 42 -- 33 -- 24

for the coursework

55 --50 -- 44 - 38 -- 32 -- 27

Makes the 57 I got in the coursework seem much nicer! 61 is very low compared to last year for the A (I believe it was around 72 ish last year).

I hope everyone gets what they want!

I assume the exam is out of 90? They seem really low. The coursework boundaries are the same as last year I think.

I'm not sure if that makes me more or less confident regarding the actual exam and what the final grade is. I came out thinking "I've done well", I'm surprised that the boundaries are lower than last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending