The Student Room Group

How much sleep night before an exam?

So I usually get a minimum of 7 hours before an exam but I've got a ****load of revision to do for Psychology today and was wondering how far I could push it.

How far have some of you pushed it and still performed well in your exams?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dont sleep

Edit: I was joking didnt know I would still be getting negged for something I typed 2 years ago.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by trrr
dont sleep

That's just crazy. How are you supposed to maintain concentration during the exam?
Reply 3
6 hours - but leave time to sleep. and if your exams at 1:30 you can do some on the day
Original post by Gemma2010
6 hours - but leave time to sleep. and if your exams at 1:30 you can do some on the day

Yeah I was thinking go bed at 3, wake up at 9. Gives a couple of hours to get some more revision in between the morning routine.
Reply 5
Original post by The Dynamic Uno
Yeah I was thinking go bed at 3, wake up at 9. Gives a couple of hours to get some more revision in between the morning routine.

if you do have a late exam it might be better to go to bed earlier and waker up earlier - if you do the revision on the day it might stick better?
You want to sleep as little as possible. It helps you absorb information.
Original post by Gemma2010
if you do have a late exam it might be better to go to bed earlier and waker up earlier - if you do the revision on the day it might stick better?

Yeah that's what I did for my other exam but I didn't have as much to revise for that one as I do for this one. Going to sleep whilst in the middle of revision can disrupt it somewhat and the morning routine tends to get in the way a bit during the morning. Gotta get cleaned up, eat and all that and then eat again before you leave so you don't starve during the exam.

I dunno...
Original post by Rebellious-Steve
You want to sleep as little as possible. It helps you absorb information.

How so?
Original post by The Dynamic Uno
So I usually get a minimum of 7 hours before an exam but I've got a ****load of revision to do for Psychology today and was wondering how far I could push it.

How far have some of you pushed it and still performed well in your exams?

About 9 like normal.
Trust me when I say this, it's worked on all three on my exams. Get a good nights sleep before your exam, at least 7 hours. When your asleep your brain processes and consolidates all the information you've learnt during the day. I've gone to bed worrying I won't remember the revision I've done and in the morning its in my mind. Don't do an all nighter, worst thing you can do.
Just go to bed as normal, do as much as you can and get up at about half 7 to do some revision in the morning. Sorted :wink:
I always get at least 6 hours. We don't want severe paranoid psychosis like our good man Siffre do we? :tongue:

Edit: I meant Peter Trip! Looking good me in this exam :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Just sleep for as little as you like as long as you feel comfortable in the morning. I'm fine on 4 hours.
I always go to bed at like, 9 or 10 and wake up at about 5-ish and hit the Red Bull about an hour before the exam to boost concentration. Usually works for me!
I have an exam in 4 1/2 hours and I've still not slept!
I did an all nighter once for A2 Psychology, last exam wanted it over with and tbh I didn't revise much during the day so the night i revised like mad didnt wanna sleep and spoil the info in my brain so i went straight to the exam hardcore feeling like **** but just eat a big brekky i was k enough energy
thing is i kept resting during the day so i felt guilty for not revising but i guess my problem is i just knew too much:smile:

self taught and got an A..........
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
I always get at least 6 hours. We don't want severe paranoid psychosis like our good man Siffre do we? :tongue:

Edit: I meant Peter Trip! Looking good me in this exam :s-smilie:

for me * :wink:
howd it go
I had two exams yesterday (Thursday) and I didn't sleep on Wednesday night. I got through the day with Weetabix,Energy drinks and Coffee. In the exam I was able to actually remember my notes and essays word for word,I remembered names,quotes etc,which is something I have always had an issue with. It's a shame it took me this long to realise that cramming actually works for me. Before I used to always try and get 6/7hours of sleep the night before.
Original post by NotSoCool.Fly
for me * :wink:
howd it go

Pretty well. All my predictions came up! But I did feel completely unorganized and my arguments were often a little undirected but whatever. Hopefully enough for a B (which will give me an A). How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending