The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zigzog7
You would have to ask the college, but they can easily reject it as they specified AAA or higher.

I thought that might be the case :/ I suppose it makes sense if they want all-round achievement rather than occasional success littered with fail ...
Original post by micky022
I applied for Law, but then got moved to Teddy Hall :smile: What did you apply for?

Sick :smile: I applied for History at Wadham and got an offer at Balliol after a last minute interview, was literally about half an hour from setting off for the station haha.
Original post by Verstehen
Sick :smile: I applied for History at Wadham and got an offer at Balliol after a last minute interview, was literally about half an hour from setting off for the station haha.

Aha, I didn't book an open return so I had to wait until 7pm on the last day for my 6-hour train ride home. I'm never going cross-country again :tongue:
Original post by Lucy23
Nope just by myself... Was nice at hertford but i was like the only one being interviewed? There were loads of students & like no other people being interviewed.
I just left straight away after my 2nd interview!

Yhh there were about 5 of us who didn't have second interviews and we all ran like hell to go home.

How are your exams going at the mo then? many lft to go?
Reply 1724
Original post by OceanFlanker
Yhh there were about 5 of us who didn't have second interviews and we all ran like hell to go home.

How are your exams going at the mo then? many lft to go?

Well chem wasnt great but mehh got m3 tmo :/ then 3 after that... lucky me!
You?
Original post by Verstehen

I thought that might be the case :/ I suppose it makes sense if they want all-round achievement rather than occasional success littered with fail ...

Yeh but you might wanna check anyway just in case. Depending what subjects you take, they may accept it.
Original post by billieerin23
Wow physics sounds impossible to me, too many numbers.

for me anything other than maths and physics sounds impossible :P woo i found someone who i (hopefully) will be at uni with :smile: x
You might want to add me to the list, I have an offer to read Ancient and Modern History at Corpus.
Original post by I eat poo
for me anything other than maths and physics sounds impossible :P woo i found someone who i (hopefully) will be at uni with :smile: x

Emphasis on the hopefully after that History paper, although my English exam went a lot better than I'd expected it to. How have your exams gone so far?
Original post by billieerin23
Emphasis on the hopefully after that History paper, although my English exam went a lot better than I'd expected it to. How have your exams gone so far?

well mechanics on monday went really well, still got 4 next week which are the ones i need to do well in... physics isnt looking too good tho :/
Reply 1730
Well. I think the English exam was alright. I hope the English exam was alright.

Now, I love Les Miserables. And the sentiment of:

'One Day More!!' (belt it out, really really loudly)

is one that, at this moment in time, I can totally relate to. Come one people, we can do this. :happy2:
After that C4 exam and my lack of revision for it, my confidence of meeting my offer has significantly gone down!

Results day and the week leading up to it is gonna be...quite something.
It's my own fault if I fail to get in now. The English paper this morning was really lovely, I'm pretty sure I managed to mess it up :frown:

French tomorrow, then playing the waiting game until August the eighteenth. Kill me nowwwww
Reply 1733
Hello everybody..

i want to ask..i'm postgraduate applicant.. i already received conditional offer from both department and college with no academic condition and i only need to submit financial guarantee form.. i had sent it last two weeks..

So, what is the process after this?

Last two days, my potential supervisor told me that department's officer ask him to send project details for ATAS purpose.. am i guarantee to get the place?

normally how long it takes to get university contract, unconditional offer etc etc?
I chose the wrong question on my politics paper. AGGGGGHHHHHH :frown:
Sounds like a great day for exams then :P
So much effort to not shout F*** MAN in the exam hall...
I had an exam today. I noticed a mistake (worth 8/75 marks) right as the bloke said "stop writing". I think I got another question wrong too, so altogether not the best exam I've ever taken.

It won't affect my offer though, thank goodness

Original post by cik rye
Hello everybody..

i want to ask..i'm postgraduate applicant.. i already received conditional offer from both department and college with no academic condition and i only need to submit financial guarantee form.. i had sent it last two weeks..

So, what is the process after this?

Last two days, my potential supervisor told me that department's officer ask him to send project details for ATAS purpose.. am i guarantee to get the place?

normally how long it takes to get university contract, unconditional offer etc etc?

This probably isn't the best thread to ask in - we're (almost?) all undergraduate offer holders
(edited 12 years ago)
if everyone on here has failed as badly as they claim, Oxford's going to be pretty empty next year :rolleyes:
Reply 1739
Original post by flywithemma

French tomorrow, then playing the waiting game until August the eighteenth. Kill me nowwwww

French tommorows going to be painful, can just see myself making up the most ridiculous things in the essay:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending