The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
could anyone waver a guess at how many UMS 57 marks will get me?
Reply 2881
how many ums marks is one raw mark
Original post by kingam
how many ums marks is one raw mark

it's relative to the difficulty of the paper
Original post by pan_93

105 UMS!
Original post by pan_93

Last June that would've been ~95 UMS, in the January 2011 exam it would've been 105 UMS. I think the grade boundaries for this exam won't be as high as June 2010 but similar to Jan 2011.
Original post by Jsmalley1
does anyone have any clues about the coursework ums? and what kind of raw mark (out of 40) would be an a?!

Last year was 34/40 - ouch!
Reply 2886
Original post by MoTheMedic
Last June that would've been ~95 UMS, in the January 2011 exam it would've been 105 UMS. I think the grade boundaries for this exam won't be as high as June 2010 but similar to Jan 2011.

is there a raw mark ums converter
Original post by kingam
is there a raw mark ums converter

No, just doing it by the grade boundaries from January and June.
Reply 2888
No, just doing it by the grade boundaries from January and June.

allright do you know for F322 how many UMS marks would 66 marks be for june 2010
Original post by kingam
allright do you know for F322 how many UMS marks would 66 marks be for june 2010

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_56047_admin_unit_level_raw_mark.pdf
Original post by haydyb123
Yeah Magic Wang, was ridiculous... I don't think I saw you in the exam hall which is peculiar seeing as our second names both begin with B.

I didn't see you in the hall either :s-smilie: I saw you afterwards but I was talking to someone else so I didn't get a chance to say hi.
Reply 2891

okay thanks mate....I need 100 UMS for an A so its touch and go unfortunately for me:frown::frown:
Original post by pan_93
okay thanks mate....I need 100 UMS for an A so its touch and go unfortunately for me:frown::frown:

I'm in the same situation and I've lost atleast 25 marks. The wait until is August is going to be agonising.
Hi what did people put for the KOH electrolyte???????
Is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere?
Reply 2895
i cant get onto the paper anymore?:frown:
I'm in the same situation and I've lost atleast 25 marks. The wait until is August is going to be agonising.

Thats pretty much my calculation, and ive worked my ass off for an A*, i have a feeling il miss it by couple ums..:frown:
Original post by Sereni
Mm i rarely have time to check, im very thorough the first tie round, i find it hard to leave questions uncomplete so ill only tend to move on when im sure its right. I remembered pKa and strength via buffer solutions, when acid and salt are same conc pH=pKa and so lower pKas mean lower pH means more acidy means stronger acid

i know what your talking about, thats only when the ration of acid to conjugate base is 1:1 that pka=ph, they never said it was...
Reply 2898
GUYS!!what did you get for that question asking what kind of reaction is taking place when recharging nicd??? i put redox!is that correct anyone? xx
Original post by susan23
Same ...actually believe it or not...i'm crying here just staring at the computer....93 is pretty low! You'll make it :smile:

52... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest