The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Completely freaking out for this exam, I can't remember anything and I can't find my example essays :| I put them in a safe place earlier so I didn't cheat when revising, which has proved too safe to find them again, oh god I am going to fail.
Also, where it says (4+8) marks, what the hell are we meant to put for that?! Like, how do we write an answer for marks written like that?
Original post by Pentland
30mins on each = 1hr 30.

thankssss, sorry i am dim :smile:
can anyone remember which questions came up in Jan 11 for Sleep, relationships and aggression?
Original post by Kerry-Louise123
Also, where it says (4+8) marks, what the hell are we meant to put for that?! Like, how do we write an answer for marks written like that?

4 marks for A01 (outline) and 8 for AO2 (evaluation) :smile:
Original post by Strawberrycayk
4 marks for A01 (outline) and 8 for AO2 (evaluation) :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by chloee46
can anyone remember which questions came up in Jan 11 for Sleep, relationships and aggression?

For sleep it was endogenous pacemakers of Infradian rhythms and for relationships it was formation. :smile:
How likely do you think that dissolution will come up?
thankyou :smile:
Reply 1129
Right, i'm going cram tonight/tomorrow what is everyone revising for relationships/aggression/eating behaviours.
Reply 1130
Original post by vickidougal
For Relationships: sexual selection
what would we comment on IDA wise?
like what would we say for it in support of the nature/nurture debate, determinism and reductionism ect?

in Buss study gender differences are exaggerated (alpha bias), which challenges the reliability of his evidence

as evo explanation fails to explain homosexual relationships, it simply ignores emotion involved in relationships as well as free will (to choose your own sexuality), which is deterministic.

evo arguments only concentrate on the idea that successful behaviours ensure the survival of the offspring and the genes so it's reductionist
Anyone here doing a combination of these 3 topics;
Relationships

I sware it feels like i'm the only one doing this combo, also which would you say is the hardest?
what came up in eating aggression and gender in january?

and to the guy above, i'd say that out of the two i do (gender and aggression) gender is the hardest. androgyny is a bit of a bitch
(edited 12 years ago)
ahhh starting to freak out, completely unable to concentrate today!!

im thinking for eating behaviour: evolutionary explanations for food preferences and maybee something to do with eating disorders will come up
aggression: neural/hormonal mechanism or group displays of aggression
relationships: maintanence/breakdown, sexual selection or early experiences

what do you guys reckon? has anyone got a essay plan i could have a look at for the neural/hormonal mechanisms or group displays for aggression?

ahhh REALLLLLY FREAKING OUT NOWWWWWW!!
sorry just to confirm

9 AO1 marks
12 AO2 marks
4 AO3 marks

is this correct?
Fuuuuuuu, I had Core 4 exam today and now I have a killer headache and 70 studies to learn. fml.
i think i give up.... i will fail anyway, theres just too much to learn!
Original post by monkajanik
Fuuuuuuu, I had Core 4 exam today and now I have a killer headache and 70 studies to learn. fml.

c4 was hard.....

got this psych exam tomos and going to start revising now, with a headache from c4 ofcourse :tongue:

that exams have been too tight this year, really hard to know everything =/
Original post by ella_bella
i think i give up.... i will fail anyway, theres just too much to learn!

hell to the no, no giving up:tongue: what topics you got, its really simple, just learn the theory (apply to others) and learn a few studies :tongue:
Original post by Knightrider222
sorry just to confirm

9 AO1 marks
12 AO2 marks
4 AO3 marks

is this correct?

Yes you do get 9 marks for A01 and you get 16 marks for A02/3. However i'm not sure whether A03 is only worth 4 marks as my teacher puts a great emphasis on making A03 points (synoptic links) so I presume it's worth more than that i think it's more like 6 marks roughly and is of equal importance to A02.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending