The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Passed with merit! OMG.
Original post by billet-doux
Passed with merit! OMG.

Same here! 14th in the year apparently too, totally shocked!

Apparently as I got merit in both pre-clin years I will be awarded Distinction in medical sciences on completion of the course :smile:
Original post by Mushi_master

Apparently as I got merit in both pre-clin years I will be awarded Distinction in medical sciences on completion of the course :smile:

Wow that's amazing! A massive well done to you :biggrin:
Original post by crazylemon
I have a copy. Which bit do I need to read to become enraged?

The bit where they ruined the apprentice for me haha.

I've just finished today so hadn't watched it yet.

BSC IS OVAHHHHHHHHHHH
Wow that's amazing! A massive well done to you :biggrin:

Really pleased, did work my arse of this year though! Big congrats to you too!
Only two more nights left in halls. Feels weird.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Only two more nights left in halls. Feels weird.

Being home is even stranger haha!
Original post by carcinoma
Being home is even stranger haha!

I'm sure it is, but before I can get to that stage I still have to pack. :facepalm2:
Original post by Fission_Mailed
I'm sure it is, but before I can get to that stage I still have to pack. :facepalm2:

Packing is a mission, and loading it into a car is another story..... Iv never seen my car so full and then its the 300 mile mission to get home haha.
Reply 4129

Mate well done! That's absolutely incredible, you should be well proud :biggrin:!!
Original post by Alex D
Mate well done! That's absolutely incredible, you should be well proud :biggrin:!!

I know, very proud of my geekdom! Time to properly enjoy the summer.
My mate is involved in an evaluation of Keele's attendance policies and given that he knows I use this site, has asked me to post a question in this thread about other schools' attendance policies. If some of you could answer the following questions about your schools, that'd be awesome.

A) Which sessions are compulsory?
B) What happens if you miss a compulsory session?
C) What happens if you continually miss compulsory sessions?
D) Do you feel the system is appropriate?
Original post by Kinkerz

Original post by Kinkerz
My mate is involved in an evaluation of Keele's attendance policies and given that he knows I use this site, has asked me to post a question in this thread about other schools' attendance policies. If some of you could answer the following questions about your schools, that'd be awesome.

A) Which sessions are compulsory? Technically all of them
B) What happens if you miss a compulsory session? Nothing
C) What happens if you continually miss compulsory sessions? If you have 10 registered absences in a term (so self-certified for lectures, or something like placement where there are registers) then you go to an attendance lecture by our Course Director. I don't know what happens if you miss 10+ sessions more than once
Nope. Because it's so laxly monitored people get away with missing so much stuff. And there was one lecture that about 20 of us went to, and during that lecture anatomy sign up for next year was released. So basically if you didn't go then you had an advantage over those who did, because anatomy sign up is first come first served. Although it does make me laugh when people can't do our paper reviews, when it's basically because they've missed every single research methods lecture :rolleyes:

See above :h:
Original post by Kinkerz

Peninsula

A) PBL, Jigsaw and Clinical Skills are compulsory. LSRC, EBP, Workshops and placements are highly recommended and registered. Lectures are recommended but not compulsory

B)
PCMD
Your attendance throughout the course at teaching and learning opportunities will be monitored and considered as a component of your assessment in the course modules. Attendance is assessed as a demonstration of appropriate personal and professional behaviour, and thus of fitness to practise.

C)
PCMD
In cases where the student has more than three absences in a six-month
period, School administrators should liaise with the Pastoral Tutor (BMBS). It may be appropriate to ask the student whether there are any personal concerns or fears which would benefit from extra support. The Pastoral Tutor may also wish to remind the student about the various support agencies available to the School, which may be suitable. A referral to the Occupational Health Service may be considered.

D) It is appropriate for their policy, but we sometimes feel that more sessions should be made compulsory.
(edited 12 years ago)
Results day tomorrow :s-smilie: Not looking forward to that!

In other news I really have no idea what to do about student finance with regards to an iBSc...seemed to get a mixed view on what to do! Some people have been told to write an official letter to them explaining the whole iBSc process, whilst I've only changed the course code online (and added an extra year of studies) and applied for max of everything as usual... At the moment it says £0 tuition fees :redface:

I've phoned up and the guy said just wait til the assessment stuff goes through and take it from there

Then again should I end up failing tomorrow this would all have been pointless :rolleyes:
Passed with merit! OMG.

Congrats to you both! :smile:
Original post by Kinkerz

A) Which sessions are compulsory? In first three years, tutorials and wards are compulsory, lectures are sort of compulsory (no attendance register but tis noticed if you never attend)
B) What happens if you miss a compulsory session? Email from admin asking where you were.
C) What happens if you continually miss compulsory sessions? Verbal warnings, escalating to FtP disciplinary if necessary (have seen it happen once this year). If you miss more than a certain percentage of GP tutorials you aren't allowed to sit the exam/submit coursework. If you miss too many clinical skills sessions, you have to do 'remedial classes'.
Yeh. Know plenty of people who think lectures should be completely voluntary attendance, however.

See above :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4137
Original post by Sarky
Hello everyone, long time no see hope you're all well :smile:

How were your finals?
Original post by Kinkerz

A) Which sessions are compulsory? Practical components only; lectures and seminars optional but pretty much everyone goes. Attendance expected at tutorials.
B) What happens if you miss a compulsory session? Not much. Tutorials depend on the tutor.
C) What happens if you continually miss compulsory sessions? Not aware of it having occurred.
D) Do you feel the system is appropriate? Yes.

la la ala
Original post by Kinkerz

A) Any registered sessions - placements, group teachings, practicals but NOT lectures.
B) Nothing usually
C) Probably get an email
D) I would say so.

Latest

Trending

Trending