The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PBTimmeh
So how many marks out of 25 do I need for an A in each essay? All year my teacher has been making it 20/25 which I've done once! If it is actually like that I'm truly screwed, I can't remember half of it!

No chance you'll need 20 in each essay, in January the boundary was 44/75 for an A, redick. So yeah, like 15 in each essay and you'll do fine! :biggrin:

You can use this to check the boudarys for each year: http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php?id=04
Original post by PBTimmeh
So how many marks out of 25 do I need for an A in each essay? All year my teacher has been making it 20/25 which I've done once! If it is actually like that I'm truly screwed, I can't remember half of it!

It is never that much. My teacher put the boundary for an A at 20, however, it depends on how difficult the paper is. In January, the boundary for an A was 14.6 per essay out of 25. It differed, as in June 2010 it was around 15/16.
Original post by Super-Yeti
Eating behaviour...

would it be sensible to say, Success/Failure in dieting might come up?

It can up in a recent paper, maybe summer 2010 i think:smile:?
Reply 1283
Original post by worthyg
REALLY? In my book it says that Green's study was on 44 boys with feminine traits and he followed them til they were 18 and only 1 in 44 requested a sex change, which suggested that early signs of gender dysphoria diminish over adolescence.... :s-smilie:

WHAT?! That's odd. I've just double checked my textbook to make sure and yes, Green looked at a genetic basis. :confused:
Original post by safwaansh
yup :smile: religious displays counts as a group display doesn't it?

Yep...it does indeedy :biggrin:
If anyone needs any help with gender I am willing to explain, it helps me revise the topic as well. :wink:
Reply 1286
for ANYONE who needs a disruption of biological rhythms plan

this is the question that lots of people are predicting will come up.. it may not obviously, its unpredictable but i've revised it quite well....

i've attached one.. supposedly 9 marks A01 (maybe a bit more?) and 16 marks AO2
let me know if you have any feedback. hope it helps.
also, if you can't open it let me know again :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1287
Original post by Super-Yeti
Eating behaviour...

would it be sensible to say, Success/Failure in dieting might come up?

I do believe that was the January 2011 question, so I think it to be unlikely...
Reply 1288
PREDICTIONS...

FOR

SLEEP
PERCEPTION
EATING BEHAVIOUR

ANYONE?????

sooo stressed right now ahhhh
Original post by NaomiGib
People are predicting consequences of disrutpting Bio rhythms, is that jet lag and shift work? :smile: xxx

Yes it is.
anyone got an essay/notes on evaluating sleep disorders. got virtually no AO2/3 points?
Reply 1291
Original post by Turnerf
PREDICTIONS...

FOR

SLEEP
PERCEPTION
EATING BEHAVIOUR

ANYONE?????

sooo stressed right now ahhhh

for sleep - nature of sleep, disruption of bio rhythms ?
i don't do perception
for eating behaviour - evolutionary exps of food preferences.. maybe something added onto that too ...
Original post by TGBuble
I do believe that was the January 2011 question, so I think it to be unlikely...

Nahh mate, Jan 2011 was attitudes and neural mechanisms, I'll upload the paper again here :smile:

JANUARY 2011 PSYA3 PAPER ATTACHED
Reply 1293
Could someone help me with what to include in an essay on the nature of sleep?
Sorry if its already been answered, but it will take quite a while to look through the whole thread!
Reply 1294
Original post by Mehhhx
Oh my gosh, if you wouldn't mind? That would be helpful as I seem to be lacking for Cross-cultural... significantly. Wow, I can tell you're on track for an A. :eek:

Although it's not perfect, it's missing some IDA, but you have some general points for evaluation and AO3 as well :smile: I wish I got an A, if I can memorise this all :frown:

and I checked for Green as well, it's 1997. Maybe it's just different research by him :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1295
Original post by snowlo18
Could someone help me with what to include in an essay on the nature of sleep?
Sorry if its already been answered, but it will take quite a while to look through the whole thread!

I feel they will only be able to ask a 9 marker describing the nature of sleep. There's hardly anything about it that could get you AO2/AO3 marks
Reply 1296
Original post by safwaansh
anyone got an essay/notes on evaluating sleep disorders. got virtually no AO2/3 points?

sleep disorder plans :smile: enjoy!
hope they're okay. I've written essays with these and seemed to get good marks..

beware of copying it directly though
Reply 1297
Original post by deanplmr
I feel they will only be able to ask a 9 marker describing the nature of sleep. There's hardly anything about it that could get you AO2/AO3 marks

I thought that, but then my teacher reckoned they could and you would just use the AO2/3 from circadian and ultradian rhythms..?
Don't be fooled, AQA have had some horrid exams this summer. I'm sure they'll try and get us all back on this paper, it seems as if they don't want anyone to get into University. ¬¬
Reply 1299
Original post by lolly21
for ANYONE who needs a disruption of biological rhythms plan

this is the question that lots of people are predicting will come up.. it may not obviously, its unpredictable but i've revised it quite well....

i've attached one.. supposedly 9 marks A01 (maybe a bit more?) and 16 marks AO2
let me know if you have any feedback. hope it helps.
also, if you can't open it let me know again :smile:

This is great! Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending