The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roseroserose.
We just got rid of one sulky manager, I don't think Davies is what we're looking for :biggrin: Shame though, would've loved to have heard McLaren's welsh accent.

I want the Watford guy, or Lee Clarke. I think O'Neil etc are a little out of our budget unfortunately.

Ooh there's been a few jokes already of Mac's accent, "Duck".
Original post by Tricky_Tree
Hello! Think there are quite a few Forest fans on here now!

Too many i think :wink:
We just got rid of one sulky manager, I don't think Davies is what we're looking for :biggrin: Shame though, would've loved to have heard McLaren's welsh accent.

I want the Watford guy, or Lee Clarke. I think O'Neil etc are a little out of our budget unfortunately.

Davies is already being linked with cardiff!

have to say after my intitial anger at 'schteve' being appointed i am looking forward to seeing what he can do with us. i reckon if he can hang on to earnshaw and give our strikers enough time to form a partnership we could be in for a good season.
This Cardiff managerial situation is a bit strange, just seen Watford have rejected any advances for their manager now.
Original post by Tricky_Tree
This Cardiff managerial situation is a bit strange, just seen Watford have rejected any advances for their manager now.

aren't they talking to shearer too? risky. hughton or mackay would be good though
Shearer said yesterday he's not interested in taking the job. :yy:
Shearer would have been a huge gamble, Hughton would be alright
Makes me glad how quickly we acted to get a new manager..and a good one at that!
Yeah, McLaren is a really good club manager, Nottingham Forest have done well there. They'll be even happier with Notts County in the Carling Cup 1st Round too.

Speaking of Cardiff, it appears we're playing you lot in the 1st round. Should be a good atmosphere.
Reply 6169
Bradford Vs. Leeds. Gooooodness me. Come on you bantams!

Christ I hope we get Mackay. Shearer had an interview but both groups agreed nope, probably didn't offer enough money (not that he's done anything managing wise to deserve that, but we'd have to pay more than MOTD would ha). Fans were furious he was considered, not what we need at all.

Also very happy to play Oxford, much better than playing championship clubs.
Reply 6172
Also very happy to play Oxford, much better than playing championship clubs.

Not always :tongue:

Bradford KB'ed Notts Forest last season 2-1 Carling cup 1st round. <3

We're going to do it to L**ds next.
Original post by Sim188

I meant I hate playing teams 3/4 times in a season, I'm sure we played Leicester 5 times one year, Bristol 4 times :smile: and I hope you do!
Original post by Sim188

Who?
Christ I hope we get Mackay. Shearer had an interview but both groups agreed nope, probably didn't offer enough money (not that he's done anything managing wise to deserve that, but we'd have to pay more than MOTD would ha). Fans were furious he was considered, not what we need at all.

Tbh I think the Bellamy thing may have had an impact. From what people are saying, the board are keen to have Bellamy back for next season. There is a good chance IMO that this was mentioned to Shearer and he just forget it then (because they really do not like each other). Of course this is just speculation, but that is what I think could well have happened.
Play up pompey, pompey play up! :smile:
Reply 6177
Original post by Lady Gaga's Bottom
Who?

The team who must not be named. They play championship and have a Rugby league team called the *spit* rhinos
Original post by Sim188
The team who must not be named. They play championship and have a Rugby league team called the *spit* rhinos

No, this "Notts Forest" who are they?
Reply 6179
Original post by Lady Gaga's Bottom
No, this "Notts Forest" who are they?

Lol. It sounds cooler

Latest