The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingam
have it on weds promise teacher wasnt in im not lying lol

king if u didnt get my message please take a picture of it and send it to me :P

[email protected]

orpost it here:P
Hi there could someone please upload a copy of the Chemistry paper cheers!
(edited 12 years ago)
please someone post pictures/ copies or whtever form of the paper pleaseeeee
I found the paper pretty good. But my worry is that the grade boundaries might be high. I really want a nice solid A grade around the 130-135 mark region, since I did this paper as a retake it's pretty much my last chance to do well.

I reckon the grade boundaries well range around 77-80. Usually OCR like to stick around 77 according to past grade boundaries and thinking about how easy the June 2009 paper was. Anyway, I hope that this answers the people who are wondering about what the grade boundaries will be :smile:

Good luck, you all deserve good grades!
Reply 1324
Original post by Medifield
I found the paper pretty good. But my worry is that the grade boundaries might be high. I really want a nice solid A grade around the 130-135 mark region, since I did this paper as a retake it's pretty much my last chance to do well.

I reckon the grade boundaries well range around 77-80. Usually OCR like to stick around 77 according to past grade boundaries and thinking about how easy the June 2009 paper was. Anyway, I hope that this answers the people who are wondering about what the grade boundaries will be :smile:

Good luck, you all deserve good grades!

fair enough what do you think a B will be like raw mark
king can u please upload pictures o t paper please!!
kingam jsut inc ase u didnt get my message, please send the pictures to me - either by email or just attach it in your message, there is an insert photo option at the top of the textbook of the message thnx!
Original post by kingam
fair enough what do you think a B will be like raw mark

Maybe around 70-71? Check past grae boundaries
guys:

Higher atom economy or percentage yield, there is no right or wrong answer , you can argue both ways.

low percentage yield = innefficient system, perhaps costly
low atom economy more waste products ect

so, unless you ACTUALLY know how low the atom economy is, or the percentage yield, you can't say which one is worse
Original post by barzy_j
If I remember correctly the product was alcohol and the by product was CO2 which means they were obviously looking for you to say you need improve atomeconomy

the percentage yeild was very low

^^ both are factors
Original post by barzy_j
Yes both are factors but I think they were looking for the fact that controlling rising CO2 levels is more important than using alcohol as a beverage

you're right

can you remember the question though?(let me re-analyse)
Original post by barzy_j
No idea about the whole question on the whole just remember them asking which needed to be improved and why

oh i get you

yeah

i remember seeing the percentage yield as around 55% and the atom exonomy like 80%

roughly

but all i knew is they both impact negatively, and if it said harming the environment, and such, then i'd understand it'd be Co2, you're probably right, but i said both have negative attricutes, i cant say which one, but i will say that ato economy = more waste products, lower efficiency, less desired products, but low percentage yield = less efficients, and so, they each produce a problem, and both need to be looked at

(this was the last part)
Reply 1332
Guys for the diagram question (on the penultimate page I think, there were two boxes, one of them was HBr plus something), was one of the answers 1,1-dimethylcyclohexane? Cheers
has anyone got the paper for this exam? be nice to look back over it and reflect.
Reply 1334
Yeah, usually some people have the paper. Please could someone scan it in? It would be really good to look over it again to have a rough idea what grade I got :smile:
Reply 1335
Original post by barzy_j
Now thinking about it, I think one of my answers was wrong, I don't think the BR had to go on the third carbon but rather on the 1st or the 2nd - so you would bromo methyl cyclohexane

DAMN!

im a muppet i did the br on 1st and second but didnt include the methyl:angry:
king please upload the paper!! or send it to me ;P the pictures pleaseeee, i'vee been waiting for so long
Original post by kingam
im a muppet i did the br on 1st and second but didnt include the methyl:angry:

please upload the paper thnx
Reply 1338
Original post by barzy_j
I literally cannot believe I did that :| - every mark lost kills

im dying tbh i think i have got 66 marks and thats crap in mock jan 11 i got 74
Original post by kingam
im dying tbh i think i have got 66 marks and thats crap in mock jan 11 i got 74

king stop igoring me, upload the paper please!! :P

Quick Reply

Latest