The Student Room Group

Geography AQA A2 Unit 4B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Josh.Holloway
for the exam are they gonna provide us with another one of these booklets or do you have to take yours in? Just that iv pretty much scribbled all over mine and it says at the front not to...so hmm....

Our teacher gave us photocopies to scribble on, as the real ones need to be clean for the exam. Is yours a photocopy? if it isn't then your school might have enough for clean ones in the exam
They give you a fresh one haha
Reply 102
They wouldn't trust you to walk in with your 'clean copy' lol
Original post by Phil McCrakin
They give you a fresh one haha

thank god ahah, literally scribbled over it with colouring penicls for my own amusement one boring day, and your 100% sure yeah?
Original post by Jack1993
They wouldn't trust you to walk in with your 'clean copy' lol

clearly im a good representation of this!
bengal tigers like mangrove trees, remember this guys, could be key.
Reply 106
Love some of the information on here.
Everyone is saying the "To what extent can international agencies lift people out of the extreme poverty line/reduce the effects of climate change" would be a horrible question...i dont think it would.
Climate Change:
First id talk about page 8 and the DflD want to raise the homesteads up above floodwater.
Then at the bottom £75m for climate chnage stratergy.
Then on the DfiD website there is a case study on the art off flood survival in which they teach one woman in every community how to deal with the floods (kind of like a health worker) and how this information spreads because of the sense of community. This is things such as knowing when to go to the shelters, telling the men to gather certain items, women get children, taking portable fires etc. This then links me onto poverty...
Poverty:
The emmancipation of womens rights is a key thing on the website. My teachers thoughts where emmancipation = less births = reduce strain on finances = more income/money = better QoL and less poverty levels. The emmancipation of women also makes mens view on women greater and reduces sexism in Bangladesh. They do this through Islamic teachings.
Scuba rice = economy
and finally the UK invest money for assest to earn income and economic opportunities.

Hope this helped :colondollar:
Question from the zigzag book:
' Outline a possible research enquiry to investigate either the socio economic or environmental impacts of planting mangrove forests all along the Bangladesh coastline '
(10 marks)

If this came up I would be ****ed
Reply 108
http://projects.dfid.gov.uk/Default.aspx?countrySelect=BD-Bangladesh

That is a link to all the projects that the Dfid do in Bangladesh. There's 54!
Reply 109
Original post by Natti
http://projects.dfid.gov.uk/Default.aspx?countrySelect=BD-Bangladesh

That is a link to all the projects that the Dfid do in Bangladesh. There's 54!

but not all are relevant to cyclones/climate changes. just a though.
whats the zigzag book?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Josh.Holloway
thank god ahah, literally scribbled over it with colouring penicls for my own amusement one boring day, and your 100% sure yeah?

If you read the front of your booklet it says 'this material must be kept unmarked for use in the forthcoming exam'. I think you have a long night ahead cleaning your booklet!
Original post by economics41
If you read the front of your booklet it says 'this material must be kept unmarked for use in the forthcoming exam'. I think you have a long night ahead cleaning your booklet!

Nah, they would never let you take your own booklet into the exam, I think that would be a little too easy to cheat? haha

And im sure they would have a spare anyway
' Outline a possible research enquiry to investigate either the socio economic or environmental impacts of planting mangrove forests all along the Bangladesh coastline '
(10 marks)

Please will somebody write a plan for answering this question? Id be really stuck on what to write.
Reply 114
Guys what pieces of data we using on Figure P2 for Spearmans rank.
Maths is a huge problem for me, and i can't figure out which set of data i need for the rank and which for the data?
Original post by Jack1993
Guys what pieces of data we using on Figure P2 for Spearmans rank.
Maths is a huge problem for me, and i can't figure out which set of data i need for the rank and which for the data?

http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Spearman's-Rank-Correlation-Coefficient
(10 marks)

Please will somebody write a plan for answering this question? Id be really stuck on what to write.

Same, anybody have an idea if we do just one of the ideas from one of the questions in the zigzag booklet?
Nah, they would never let you take your own booklet into the exam, I think that would be a little too easy to cheat? haha

And im sure they would have a spare anyway

All previous years at my school have had to take their own in...last year someone forgot and had to do the whole exam without a booklet as they did't provide extra's. However it might be different from school to school.
Reply 118
(10 marks)

I dont know how i would answer this but i know what id say about mangroves.
For Mangrove's :
- protects from storm surge
- protects the chars from erosion
- are biodegradeable
- are the habitat for a number of species, not to mantion the endagered bengal tiger

Against Mangroves :
- farmers need the land
- farmers need the flood water for rice paddies
- the mangroves can be used for fuel or materials to build flood shelters and rasied houses

If i got this question i would state my hypothesis (Socioeconomic - cultivation of mangrove swamps will benefit the people or Environmental - cultivation of the mangrove swamps will not benefit the environment) and elaborate on them
Probably ask the people who will be effected (questionaires, interviews, etc)
Pros and cons
what else...

horrid question!:angry:

Also think of the cost involved for all the mangrove! Would it be most economically friendly to let the land flood or build the defences all along the coast line....
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by economics41
All previous years at my school have had to take their own in...last year someone forgot and had to do the whole exam without a booklet as they did't provide extra's. However it might be different from school to school.

definitely different from school to school - in ours everyone gets a brand new one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending