Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2820
Original post by tahira_d
awh, i'm sure you're going to be fine :smile: wow! well done in with the A in art! that's going to help you quite a bit. sounds like we've got the same offer so i guess i'm in the same boat as you. i've got an exam tomorrow - majorly nervous!
just wondering if you know at all, but, with language courses, does NTU accpet BTEC?

I'm sure you'll be fine, my last ones Tuesday and I can't wait till its over :smile: tbh with you I'm not sure, I assume they do ! You a year 12 ?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2821
Original post by steph309

Original post by steph309
Anyone starting Interior Architecture??

I'm Steph and I've just finished my 1st year at NTU doing this course and my year have basically decided to set up a society that I'll be president of aimed at helping all you freshers doing this course (and similar ones) cos we know how daunting/confusing it all is and we wished we had students that could've given us some guidance especially in 1st term! we're gunna set up a group on facebook and all that stuff over summer but for now feel free to add me on facebook 'Steph Singer' if you have any questions :smile:

Hey yeah I'm doing Interior Architecture as long as I get in :smile: Thanks that would be good!
Hey I was just wondering.. Have ntu known to have made any exceptions to students who have recieved a conditional offer and firmed it, but didn't end up getting the grades required?
Reply 2823
Am i the only one studying at the city campus but staying in the new halls on clifton campus.. i'm going to be studying Interior Architecture (if i get the ucas points!), and if anyone is in a similar predicament but is studying in clifton but staying in the city campus, i'd be up for swapping accommodation!:smile:
Original post by Stephhcharlene
I have the same issue! I need BBC and I know I can get BC but I don't know about the other one! If it will be a B or a C :P

It's so gutting! If that's even a word ;') I've given up caring now, I sat the exam, tried my hardest and since I don't even know my coursework grade it could go either way; fingers crossed for both of us :tongue:
Original post by CainaMH
Am i the only one studying at the city campus but staying in the new halls on clifton campus.. i'm going to be studying Interior Architecture (if i get the ucas points!), and if anyone is in a similar predicament but is studying in clifton but staying in the city campus, i'd be up for swapping accommodation!:smile:

thats the first time i've heard anybody living on clifton but studying in the city.

im studying on clifton but living in sandby
Reply 2826
Original post by francistheswole
thats the first time i've heard anybody living on clifton but studying in the city.

im studying on clifton but living in sandby

yeah unfortunately by the time i went to book accommodation everything was pretty much gone, i guess i just wanted to secure a place to stay
Original post by ironandwine
It's so gutting! If that's even a word ;') I've given up caring now, I sat the exam, tried my hardest and since I don't even know my coursework grade it could go either way; fingers crossed for both of us :tongue:

Yup exactly! I just did my first exam, maths, today and well.. It didnt go as planned! And I started stressing but then I thought, wait. I still have my insurance choice so it is not the complete end of the world... plus theres even clearing so ya know.., and next year!!
Reply 2828
Hopefully I'll be starting Criminology at Trent in October! Feeling fairly optimistic about it, exams havn't been too bad so far (that'll probably change next week though!).
Reply 2829
You're so lucky ;D if I don't get my grades I've decided I'm not going to cry about it, I'll man up, retake what I need to and get in next year. Will be pretty crushed, but there'll be no point in crying over spilt milk. Although I'm talking like I think I won't get in now haha, when I don't know! :tongue:

Aww, that's so cute ahaha :') I'm sure there will be markets and stuff you can get vegetables from :smile: I'm not really suuuure, sorry! Just going by what my friend said (she lives in notts) :smile:

Thats a good way to look at things :smile: I hope you pass though!

Yeh there must be places I get veg/fruit from :smile:

Whats ur friend think of notts in general then? :smile:
Reply 2830
There is a market place within Victoria Centre on the top floor. There are food stalls in there as well as clothes etc. There are fruit and veg ones in the main bit, and then the meat and fish ones are in an almost seperate room towards the back. :smile:

Cool :smile:

You been to check it out the market place then. Is it proper nice?

Your from south east eng right, where abouts tho? :smile:
Original post by vn2009
Thats a good way to look at things :smile: I hope you pass though!

Yeh there must be places I get veg/fruit from :smile:

Whats ur friend think of notts in general then? :smile:

Me tooo :smile: had my politics exam today, went quite well.

She loves it haha, says it's like the best place :') and apparently the nightlife is amazing (although to be expected with rock city being in notts!)
Original post by vn2009
Cool :smile:

You been to check it out the market place then. Is it proper nice?

Your from south east eng right, where abouts tho? :smile:

Yes I explored the shopping centres and market! It is okay I guess! A lot better than ours :P Didn't look proper as feet were killing and I wanted to just sit and eat :P

Yeah, I am from bedfordshire :smile:
Reply 2833
Me tooo :smile: had my politics exam today, went quite well.

She loves it haha, says it's like the best place :') and apparently the nightlife is amazing (although to be expected with rock city being in notts!)

Thats good :smile:

Sounds live :cool: haha

You finished your exams then?
Original post by vn2009

I wish!! Only had one! Got Psych tomorrow, Stats next weds and PE on Friday :frown:
Reply 2835
Yes I explored the shopping centres and market! It is okay I guess! A lot better than ours :P Didn't look proper as feet were killing and I wanted to just sit and eat :P

Yeah, I am from bedfordshire :smile:

Sounds good. Is that the main shopping place u went to, or is there another main one?

Cool am from Croydon :smile:
Reply 2836
Original post by JudithK
Gill Street, 2nd floor D247...any neighbours? I just clicked any room in a mad panic!

D237! Closest person iv found so far aha!
All accomodation at Brackenhurst is full and has been for a while BAH!
Original post by vn2009
Sounds good. Is that the main shopping place u went to, or is there another main one?

Cool am from Croydon :smile:

There are two 'centres' - Victoria and Broadmarsh. About 5 minutes walk apart! Victoria is a LOT bigger and lot better as a whole but BM does have good shops like Pulp, Disney and New look :biggrin: <3 lol.
There are also numerous high streets full of mostly subways, costas, starbucks, cafe neros and mcdonalds :P but also normal shops lol
Original post by vn2009

Nooo, I now officially have one left! Tuesday, got psychology :smile: cannot wait to be free of college, fingers crossed for ever, but if not, at least for a couple of months ;]

In a little bit of a pickle right now really though, because one of my favourite bands (Enter Shikari) is playing in Nottingham late October, and they aren't playing anywhere near where I live currently; closest place is London I think. So I don't know if I should gamble and buy a Nottingham ticket or not... D:

There are two 'centres' - Victoria and Broadmarsh. About 5 minutes walk apart! Victoria is a LOT bigger and lot better as a whole but BM does have good shops like Pulp, Disney and New look :biggrin: <3 lol.
There are also numerous high streets full of mostly subways, costas, starbucks, cafe neros and mcdonalds :P but also normal shops lol

Broadmarsh smells of cats inside :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending