The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nator
Ok man just giving you a heads up :biggrin: You done UKCAT revision today?

Thanks! Just registered on the site and had a look at centres and dates, at my nearest one it says there are a few dates in August but none in September!

Just been doing some this evening! Have you??

What book do you use for the BMAT?
Reply 4421
Original post by mike2niner4
Thanks! Just registered on the site and had a look at centres and dates, at my nearest one it says there are a few dates in August but none in September!

Just been doing some this evening! Have you??

What book do you use for the BMAT?

No prob mate, and they are going like hotcakes :laugh:

Nice, and no been doing BMAT, I know it's premature but there's wisdom behind it :wink: UKCAT will start on Monday :smile:

And too many :laugh: But atm just the official one.
Original post by Nator
No prob mate, and they are going like hotcakes :laugh:

Nice, and no been doing BMAT, I know it's premature but there's wisdom behind it :wink: UKCAT will start on Monday :smile:

And too many :laugh: But atm just the official one.

Thanks!! :biggrin:

The only university i'd apply to with BMAT is UCL (which i think looks amazing) but i don't know if i'd apply there or not yet, need to weigh up my chances!

Plus i booked a place on the open day on the 30th and i can't go because our college has a "compulsory" HE fair thing! :angry:
Reply 4423
Original post by mike2niner4
Thanks!! :biggrin:

The only university i'd apply to with BMAT is UCL (which i think looks amazing) but i don't know if i'd apply there or not yet, need to weigh up my chances!

Plus i booked a place on the open day on the 30th and i can't go because our college has a "compulsory" HE fair thing! :angry:

No problem :smile:

And go for it man :biggrin: And I have been to the open day, was really nice :biggrin: And oh man that sucks!
Reply 4424
I'm gonna order this too but i think Kaplan is definitely worth it..
Original post by Limitless
How is everybodys UKCAT revision going, I had a look at it today and was like WTF!?!?
This makes no sense at all. I ended up spending 40 minutes on one question.

I am working from the 600Q book, the UKCAT is definitely easier than the BMAT, only thing i need to work on is some of the questions on the quantitative reasoning part, but i'm already getting 3/4 of the questions on each scenario right for that, so a bit more practise should make that fine. The other sections are easy imo, verbal reasoning is easy, abstract reasoning is easy, but doing 65 of them in 15 mins makes my eyes hurt tbh, and decision analysis reminds me of decision maths lol :tongue:
Original post by EternalDoom
I am working from the 600Q book, the UKCAT is definitely easier than the BMAT, only thing i need to work on is some of the questions on the quantitative reasoning part, but i'm already getting 3/4 of the questions on each scenario right for that, so a bit more practise should make that fine. The other sections are easy imo, verbal reasoning is easy, abstract reasoning is easy, but doing 65 of them in 15 mins makes my eyes hurt tbh, and decision analysis reminds me of decision maths lol :tongue:

I'm attempting one section at a time tommorow I will probably start with quantitive reasoning and go from them. I am revising from the 600Q book and a book called passing the UKCAT and BMAT. I'm only doing the UKCAT so I don't know if it easier or not. I've got a lot of time to revise for it so I'm taking it easy at the moment. :smile:
I'm attempting one section at a time tommorow I will probably start with quantitive reasoning and go from them. I am revising from the 600Q book and a book called passing the UKCAT and BMAT. I'm only doing the UKCAT so I don't know if it easier or not. I've got a lot of time to revise for it so I'm taking it easy at the moment. :smile:

I've got the UKCAT in 2 months, and BMAT in roughly 5 months, and i'm working through all the q.reasoning ones atm too, question 6 so far :tongue:

I feel like i'm starting to improve and think more logically xD My core 4 lesson today seemed really easy all of a sudden o_o
For you guys that are going through the questions in the 600Q UCKAT book, are you actually doing it under timed conditions?

It's impossible :afraid: I hate having to miss out/guess so many answers.
Reply 4429

Good stuff :smile: How long you been doing UKCAT revision for man? Also whens your test?
Original post by oHellno
For you guys that are going through the questions in the 600Q UCKAT book, are you actually doing it under timed conditions?

I'm not doing the practise questions under timed conditions, i'm concentrating on first getting the answers right, and then naturally i'll start speeding up, once i've worked through all sections, i'll do the mock test at the back under timed conditions, and some online practise tests too.

Original post by Nator
Good stuff :smile: How long you been doing UKCAT revision for man? Also whens your test?

I only started UKCAT this week because I ordered the book recently, was concentrating on BMAT before but leaving that till i've finished the UKCAT preparation, and i have my test on August 26th.
Reply 4431
I only started UKCAT this week because I ordered the book recently, was concentrating on BMAT before but leaving that till i've finished the UKCAT preparation, and i have my test on August 26th.

Fair enough, and kool :smile:
Original post by oHellno

I'm doing the practice questions in whatever time it takes me to do them as I become more familiar I think I will just become quicker.
I'm doing the practice questions in whatever time it takes me to do them as I become more familiar I think I will just become quicker.

True. But the book does say that in the test it's almost impossible to go through all the questions. I'm need to get myself used to sort of just ignoring questions lol.
Original post by oHellno
True. But the book does say that in the test it's almost impossible to go through all the questions. I'm need to get myself used to sort of just ignoring questions lol.

word of advise

i could not at all, even now, stick to the ridiculous time limit

my advise is, do the first set of each, to familiarise
as you do more examples, don't follow strict time lines, but what to do is give yourself a restricted ammount of time

if you pass this time, WORK OUT THE ANSWER, and then check it.

you will get faster, but no-one can actually spend 30 seconds a question on the QR section...some take 10 seconds, others take 4 minutes , others i can't even do
Original post by oHellno

Either that or get use to doing all the questions lightning quick. :wink:
I need help. I needed places I can volunteer to show that I can work with children. I will be doing this during the last weeks of summer so need places which will be open at that time.

realistically, do them as fast as possible, but you want to do 80% of them spot on, and take quick educated guesses on the last 20%

rather than rush 98% of them , and not be sure...

either way...it's very hard ... especially as i need to use an onscreen calc, and won't get paper to work on(a two sided board is all you get...i think you can ask for one more...?)

i'd do much better, with a normal calc, and pen

Lol is that even possible? :nooo:
I need help. I needed places I can volunteer to show that I can work with children. I will be doing this during the last weeks of summer so need places which will be open at that time.

day care centres, nursery?

i need places i can work with the very elderly, suffering from dementia and such

i also need gp, and work experience...

=)i i didn't leave it late, i actually applied 9 months ago, was rejected...phoned every month as well...got my mum to phone

Latest

Trending

Trending