The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Original post by bob dylan
how do you guys watch games in the uk?

I pay for the NFL service (usually watch 3 games sunday, monday night football and then some during the week if they warrant it because they are all archived so I can justify the price) but dunno if I will this year when the season comes around the lockout is putting me right off, unless you are really into it you would be best off watching on TV and streaming I would have thought though unless you wanna splash out on the chance you get really into it, they do weekly and monthly subs as well as the whole season if you wanted to give it a go as well
Original post by alexsong
I pay for the NFL service (usually watch 3 games sunday, monday night football and then some during the week if they warrant it because they are all archived so I can justify the price) but dunno if I will this year when the season comes around the lockout is putting me right off, unless you are really into it you would be best off watching on TV and streaming I would have thought though unless you wanna splash out on the chance you get really into it, they do weekly and monthly subs as well as the whole season if you wanted to give it a go as well

Every season I tell myself that I'm going to get GamePass, but when there are so many good quality streams around and when I'm always down the pub with the team on Sunday nights watching on Sky it just feels like an epic waste of over £100.
Original post by Gerard_G
Is anyone going to the London game this year, if there is one?

Original post by Scott129
Yeah, should be. Are you?

I'm going :smile:

There most likely will be one.
I might be going to the game, not sure yet. I'm going to Washington for a year next year though so I may save the 100 quid and use it towards watching the Seahawks play a few times.
Reply 1524
Original post by Hedgeman49
Every season I tell myself that I'm going to get GamePass, but when there are so many good quality streams around and when I'm always down the pub with the team on Sunday nights watching on Sky it just feels like an epic waste of over £100.

Yeah if I had sky sports or someone to go and watch it out with then I probably wouldn't bother but it is pretty much my only option when I am at uni, I aint even got a telly in my room so cant watch the terrestrial games either but watching it in bed with the laptop is a great alternative. Never really looked into other streams myself might be worth a go though if you say there loads of good quality ones
Original post by alexsong
Yeah if I had sky sports or someone to go and watch it out with then I probably wouldn't bother but it is pretty much my only option when I am at uni, I aint even got a telly in my room so cant watch the terrestrial games either but watching it in bed with the laptop is a great alternative. Never really looked into other streams myself might be worth a go though if you say there loads of good quality ones

myp2p has loads and loads of streams, normally at least two or three for each game and one for NFL Redzone as well which is great to watch if you're just into seeing TDs and big plays. Still not as good as watching down the pub with your mates but if this option isn't available then it's the next best thing. Part of our sponsorship deal with the pub is that they show the NFL games every Sunday!
I wish this damn lockout would end. Everything is so slow!
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
I wish this damn lockout would end. Everything is so slow!

It's becoming so boring, not even being able to watch the rookies at camp etc. The NFL is generally quite boring at this time of year but it's still fun to watch how the OTAs/Minicamps and Training Camp pan out..particularly when stuff like this happens

But yes, this lockout is horrible, and I'm beginning to worry about having no football: stuff like this really makes me miss the NFL :frown:

Original post by georgegabriel
It's becoming so boring, not even being able to watch the rookies at camp etc. The NFL is generally quite boring at this time of year but it's still fun to watch how the OTAs/Minicamps and Training Camp pan out..particularly when stuff like this happens

But yes, this lockout is horrible, and I'm beginning to worry about having no football: stuff like this really makes me miss the NFL :frown:

I'd love to see Garcon make that catch without his sticky gloves on!
Arrrgh. I've had enough of the lockout now-I wish they'd just get it over with... Just get a new CBA done!

Still, Lions workouts seem to be going well..
Reply 1530
Seen a report just now that says the owners will approve their offer next week hopefully the players will take it and they can get on with it, I thnik they will get it done in the end without delaying games because to have to cancel their games scheduled for the 10th anniversary of 9/11 because they can't agree how to split up billions of dollars would be a PR disaster
The university team I was going to play for are still yet to get back to me despite having clearly seen my message.

:colonhash:
Reply 1532
Original post by paddy__power
The university team I was going to play for are still yet to get back to me despite having clearly seen my message.

:colonhash:

have you tried sending another? its very possible they saw your message in the middle of the stressful exam period which for some unis is only coming to an end now, intending to reply later but have forgotten due to trying to remember so many other things :smile:
Original post by Greg1989
have you tried sending another? its very possible they saw your message in the middle of the stressful exam period which for some unis is only coming to an end now, intending to reply later but have forgotten due to trying to remember so many other things :smile:

Which team? The guy above could be right. Also, a lot of University players play in the seniors leagues during the summer. Many don't start actively checking university pages until around August/September when organising things for 2011/12 begins. Some even leave it later than that!

I'm sure if you add the admins from that particular teams group and send them a message, they'll answer any questions you have!
Bulls beat Leicester Falcons, we stopped there unbeaten run! Our win against them leaves four of us 6 teams in central division on 4-1 haha!!!! Was a tough game but we battled hard and wanted it more!!!

Can't wait to play uniball, gonna be so much fun and so good.

Also, to whoever said something about Worcester failing, they're having training sessions every Tuesday?
Original post by jimbles

Original post by jimbles
Bulls beat Leicester Falcons, we stopped there unbeaten run! Our win against them leaves four of us 6 teams in central division on 4-1 haha!!!! Was a tough game but we battled hard and wanted it more!!!

Wow that changes things.
Original post by Greg1989

No, but I will send another one :smile: I'm not annoyed or anything, you're just always hopeful for a quick response :tongue:

Original post by EightFive
Which team? The guy above could be right. Also, a lot of University players play in the seniors leagues during the summer. Many don't start actively checking university pages until around August/September when organising things for 2011/12 begins. Some even leave it later than that!

I'm sure if you add the admins from that particular teams group and send them a message, they'll answer any questions you have!

People have posted and someone even commented on my message asking if someone had got back to me :emo:

I will ask again, I'm sure they have better things to do than be answering questions :smile:
Original post by jimbles

Can't wait to play uniball, gonna be so much fun and so good.

Also, to whoever said something about Worcester failing, they're having training sessions every Tuesday?

That division is crazy. So finely poised..but GO CATS!
Original post by georgegabriel
That division is crazy. So finely poised..but GO CATS!

Yes, it's crazy and going to be so close! We got Cambridge for a Saturday night game soon :smile:
What boots do linemen wear? Rugby? Low/High ankle?

Latest