The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by worthyg
same here, that's why i think it's unlikely to come up as 25 marks. you must be using the same book as me and it's approved by AQA so they can't do a massive question on it when it the books there's only one model. unless, i was thinking, to change about economic theories of maintnance to explain what can be the reason of breakdown (inequity, etc)

hmmm that actually makes more sense........ right i think its back to relationships revision....i really dont know how im going to pass this exam! theres so much to memorise!!
thank you :smile:

I didn't sleep last night so I thought I'd stay in bed a bit longer... Now I have less than two hours before I have to leave. Aaargh.

Good luck, everyone :smile:
Reply 1442
For those who asked about cognitive development, I can't say fo sho but I'm hoping something like Kohlberg, Eisenberg, or mirror neurons might come up, because I don't think they've come up so far.
But, y'know, AQA are a bunch of bastards and might spring something about practical applications of the theories, I dunno.
Original post by angelbones

I didn't sleep last night so I thought I'd stay in bed a bit longer... Now I have less than two hours before I have to leave. Aaargh.

Good luck, everyone :smile:

good luck! i planned to stay up but i somehow fell asleep at some point in the night
HEY DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT MIGHT COME UP FOR GENDER? helpppp!
Original post by adam_zed
i am actually so ****ed.

You're not alone, don't worry. I've had about eight hours sleep over the last two days. I'm so tired it feels like my face is peeling off.

If gender constancy theory comes up for gender I'll actually cry. The same applies to instituational aggression.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by HannahNicole

Someone earlier thought it might be gender dysphoria or androgeny, or cultural influences.
Original post by HannahNicole

Evolutionary or androgyny/gender dysphoria is my guess.

Maybe cross cultural, but I'd be very surprised.
I actually confident about this exam, AS LONG as they give me the questions that I've prepared... Done 1 essay on bio rhythms, 2 on sleep, 3 on relationships and 2 big ones on aggression. I hope that's enough.
Original post by Colour Me Pretty

If gender cinstancy theory comes up for gender I'll actually cry. The same applies to instituational aggression.

Gender consistency, you mean? The one with Kohlberg? I doubt it, that was the question in January (a 25 mark essay on it :cry:)

gender is the only one i'm not freaking out about. hope its general if its dysphoria. they wouldnt specificall ask psychological explanations of dysphoria would they?
Original post by angelbones
Gender consistency, you mean? The one with Kohlberg? I doubt it, that was the question in January (a 25 mark essay on it :cry:)

Yeah that!

Oh thank God! I'm praying for evolutionary, but I've a feeling it's cross cultural.
Reply 1452
what are the IDA for insomnia?? i cant seem to find any in my notes :frown:

Oh god i think i might cry in gender i don't have a clue about gender dysphoria or androgyny :frown:
Original post by safwaansh
gender is the only one i'm not freaking out about. hope its general if its dysphoria. they wouldnt specificall ask psychological explanations of dysphoria would they?

I don't think so, there's not enough material.

My guess is they'd ask you to outline and evaluate explanations which would be about 15 marks in total.
I don't think so, there's not enough material.

My guess is they'd ask you to outline and evaluate explanations which would be about 15 marks in total.

that would be wonderful! what other topics are you doing?
Original post by safwaansh
that would be wonderful! what other topics are you doing?

Biological rhythms
and aggression, yourself?
Biological rhythms

exactly the same. you revised everything for the other two. i've completely missed out infedelity of aggression and sleep disorders for bio rhythms. doomed if any of those appear.
You're not alone, don't worry. I've had about eight hours sleep over the last two days. I'm so tired it feels like my face is peeling off.

If gender constancy theory comes up for gender I'll actually cry. The same applies to instituational aggression.

No you really dont understand, I am ****ed. As in I only began opening my books on monday and before that I hadnt even glanced at this **** since I took the exam a year and a half a go. Even then my revision is ****, I can only remember some stuff about the SCN and sleep stages. I dont even know why I retook this exam, I need 96% in order to get an A overall. dahh i could have spent this week working or something constructive but instead I decide to retake this ****ty exam and lock myself away in my room for a week!

/rant
Biological rhythms

exactly the same. you revised everything for the other two? i've completely missed out infedelity of aggression and sleep disorders for bio rhythms. doomed if any of those appear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending