The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex Uni Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bathwiggle
I did, i didn't get anything results wise until the whole mark came out. which i think was the last week of june for some reason

Paddy... i bored of hiding. :hi:

oh ok, i just want to know them :p: i can't wait :p:

plan what i want to do
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Dee doesn't want me. I had this conversation AGAIN with gary. he really is convinced he's in love with me.

I've never seen it. i'm watching toy story 3 while cooking. I tried watching it yesterday, but someone got in the way

Watch it, it's really good ^^
Original post by SciFiBoy
anyone else gonna be living on campus again next year? :smile:

summer sucks, 4 months of nothing to do :/ trying desperatley to fill my schedule, so far its just Marxism at the end of June/start of July and visiting my friend in August though!

Get a job? i'm trying not to play on my bike.. it's not working too well.. actually it is, but its not working out very well for paddy :biggrin:
Original post by robinson999
oh ok, i just want to know them :p: i can't wait :p:

plan what i want to do

Training position coming up in histo at colchester?
Original post by paddy__power
Watch it, it's really good ^^

I'll try and get hold of the dvd then.

I am trying to watch more films, its not working too well.
Get a job? i'm trying not to play on my bike.. it's not working too well.. actually it is, but its not working out very well for paddy :biggrin:

Training position coming up in histo at colchester?

don't really fancy the whole biomed route, plus its histo and i am no longer in colchester

I applied for a couple of voluntary jobs, havent heard back yet though!

my plan is to do that and hopefully find more things to do, maybe see if I can afford to go to a band I like or something.

im already looking forward to my second year, lol :biggrin:
don't really fancy the whole biomed route, plus its histo and i am no longer in colchester

you still looking at research?

I wouldn't go there either, but you can't say i didn't tell you there was a position coming up. I do't think i'm meant to know its coming but hey ho
I applied for a couple of voluntary jobs, havent heard back yet though!

my plan is to do that and hopefully find more things to do, maybe see if I can afford to go to a band I like or something.

im already looking forward to my second year, lol :biggrin:

Ring them up and chase them. failing that contact reed or other temp agencies.
I'll try and get hold of the dvd then.

I am trying to watch more films, its not working too well.

You can watch it online :smile:
you still looking at research?

I wouldn't go there either, but you can't say i didn't tell you there was a position coming up. I do't think i'm meant to know its coming but hey ho

keeping away from research :p: look at my results first if i say how get a 2.1 than I may as well take a punt, if its a 2.2 its going to hard

:p: inside knowledge
Ring them up and chase them. failing that contact reed or other temp agencies.

I have the numbers for them around so will chase them up, one of them I only applied yesterday though so i'll give them some time.

gotta sort out my train fare to London soon also, get a cheaper fare :smile: next few days will probably just be dossing around on my PC, lol
You can watch it online :smile:

It was a book wasn't it. i have a strong feeling i've read the book. the books on my book case. I've read it :biggrin:

Online depends on my internet staying working long enough

keeping away from research :p: look at my results first if i say how get a 2.1 than I may as well take a punt, if its a 2.2 its going to hard

:p: inside knowledge

If i can do it you can! although a bit late to do anything about it now :tongue:

:angel: i got a call off the second there asking was i out of work, if so keep an eye out as the lass they employed last year is leaving. and my bit on hte side there also told me

I have the numbers for them around so will chase them up, one of them I only applied yesterday though so i'll give them some time.

gotta sort out my train fare to London soon also, get a cheaper fare :smile: next few days will probably just be dossing around on my PC, lol

That seems to be my life if i'm not riding up and down hte a12. although i baked today :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

That seems to be my life if i'm not riding up and down hte a12. although i baked today :biggrin:

fair enough :smile: im amazed my PC hasnt died yet, lol, I use it way too much! getting a laptop soon though, which is much needed because im gonna be spending part of the holiday staying with my dad so be easier to carry round then my PC box and monitor!

what did you bake? my mum sometimes (tries to) make cakes, last one went a bit badly though, lol, ended up with icing all over the kitchen!
fair enough :smile: im amazed my PC hasnt died yet, lol, I use it way too much! getting a laptop soon though, which is much needed because im gonna be spending part of the holiday staying with my dad so be easier to carry round then my PC box and monitor!

what did you bake? my mum sometimes (tries to) make cakes, last one went a bit badly though, lol, ended up with icing all over the kitchen!

I have an 8year old pc which still works, but so slow. i get up, turn it on, shower, make tea, drink tea, then can use it

At uni in second year i got a laptop so i could do coursework while on the train to surrey, and now take it on the bike as i split my time between col and billericay. it is a lot easier.

Lemon drizzle cake. i love cooking, i was gonna make brownies, and then got to the shop and changed my mind. My kitchens already a mess from cooking last night.
It was indeed :smile:
I have an 8year old pc which still works, but so slow. i get up, turn it on, shower, make tea, drink tea, then can use it

At uni in second year i got a laptop so i could do coursework while on the train to surrey, and now take it on the bike as i split my time between col and billericay. it is a lot easier.

Lemon drizzle cake. i love cooking, i was gonna make brownies, and then got to the shop and changed my mind. My kitchens already a mess from cooking last night.

ah, mines like 5 years old now I think, when it decides to work its still fairly fast as I upgraded it, but the box itself is huge and heavy and can be a bitch to move!

cool, I was supposed to get one this year, but I didnt fill out the right form so only sorted it out this week, be handy for Uni next year as I can take notes and stuff on it.

sounds yummy :smile: never been much good at baking myself, always end up burning stuff, lol

If i can do it you can! although a bit late to do anything about it now :tongue:

:angel: i got a call off the second there asking was i out of work, if so keep an eye out as the lass they employed last year is leaving. and my bit on hte side there also told me

just abit late, but i worked my backside of this year to make up for poor 2nd year exam marks

thats nice that they told you
It was indeed :smile:

My brain does work occasionally. Once the cakes cooled and iced i'll have a look and see how my internet wants to behave.

ah, mines like 5 years old now I think, when it decides to work its still fairly fast as I upgraded it, but the box itself is huge and heavy and can be a bitch to move!

cool, I was supposed to get one this year, but I didnt fill out the right form so only sorted it out this week, be handy for Uni next year as I can take notes and stuff on it.

sounds yummy :smile: never been much good at baking myself, always end up burning stuff, lol

My computer skills come down to removing virus's and showing people how to use it. I don't think its had anything done to it since my ex added some ram 4 years ago? or something like that anyway.

i can't make toffee unless it is snowing, other than that i've not found anything i can't make i don't think. My favourite is choux pastry or bread. Mince pies in the middle of summer, and i do a horribly rich Mississippi mud pie. but not very often as i can only manage a small bit before it gets too rich. everyone else loves it though. and champagne jelly if people buy me champagne.

just abit late, but i worked my backside of this year to make up for poor 2nd year exam marks

thats nice that they told you

They asked me to apply last year and i didn't get it because of lack of experience apparently, but every time they've had an issue with the new staff my friends gone 'should have employed emma'
(edited 12 years ago)
My brain does work occasionally. Once the cakes cooled and iced i'll have a look and see how my internet wants to behave.

My computer skills come down to removing virus's and showing people how to use it. I don't think its had anything done to it since my ex added some ram 4 years ago? or something like that anyway.

i can't make toffee unless it is snowing, other than that i've not found anything i can't make i don't think. My favourite is choux pastry or bread. Mince pies in the middle of summer, and i do a horribly rich Mississippi mud pie. but not very often as i can only manage a small bit before it gets too rich. everyone else loves it though. and champagne jelly if people buy me champagne.

I want cake :frown:

I did an IT course a few years ago, so I know how to upgrade stuff and sort out most of the problems that pop up with my PC, I would upgrade it more, but dont really have the money

must be good to be able to cook lots :smile: I normally live off pasta and stuff, lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending