The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Also, the sleep question, 'discuss the consequences'... 'discuss'... I assumed this didn't include Ao1 as the nature of sleep was soley ao1, but 'discuss' is a bit of an ambiguous wording? It was just A02/3 right?
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
Wht did you put for gender? :s-smilie:

I thought the cross cultural was ok, but the androgyny one was awful.

Yeah, it was horrible. (Why are the Gender ones always awful -_-)
The only explanation I could remember was parents who didn't enforce stereotyped gender roles, and so I just rambled about that for about a page. Made up all the evaluation as my book didn't give any.
Original post by NickyPhillips
Also, the sleep question, 'discuss the consequences'... 'discuss'... I assumed this didn't include Ao1 as the nature of sleep was soley ao1, but 'discuss' is a bit of an ambiguous wording? It was just A02/3 right?

didnt the question say "consider"
not discuss?
Reply 1563
I couldn't believe my luck!

Having 6 exams over 2 weeks, i didn't really have time to focus on this exam much, so i learned 6/18 essays in detail, and hoped that they would pick any of those 6...

(They hadn't come up already)

Needless to say, i was extremely lucky!!

Yes i do realize i essentially just bragged this entire post but i'm on one hell of a buzz!

And yeah it said consider...

I thought the one about consequences was all meant to be A01, as the marks was just like this (16). Plus i thought discuss meant A01, hope i haven't got it wrong, i just put a load of A01.... :frown:
can anyone tell me what they wrote for the nature of sleep i brought up restoration theory and evolutionary theory
i put five stages stage five is REM which is associated with dreamin
did it just want the stages ? like that^^
Reply 1566
Original post by biology12345
can anyone tell me what they wrote for the nature of sleep i brought up restoration theory and evolutionary theory

Restoration and Evolutionary are for the Function of sleep...

If you wrote about the 5 Stages, you're on the right track since that is all about that nature of sleep

(What it is)
Original post by Withering Wind
I thought the one about consequences was all meant to be A01, as the marks was just like this (16). Plus i thought discuss meant A01, hope i haven't got it wrong, i just put a load of A01.... :frown:

9 marks is outline. 16 is evaluation!! (as in if something is 16 marks it wants 16 a02/3!) So in other words, yes you did it wrong :/

That is essentially what i wrote, but then again i didn't revise that, so didn't really know what nature of sleep what, so could have got it wrong lol.
Reply 1569
Original post by themanwhoishere
I didnt know if we had to put AO1 into it? :s-smilie: coz i did and my mates didnt i was so confused haha. Good for the treatments though well done :smile:

It was 4+16 marks or something wasn't it? I read that as 4 marks for AO1 and 16 marks for AO2/3? But whooo knows. I say it's better to include it rather than not! :tongue:
Original post by iMike0
I couldn't believe my luck!

Having 6 exams over 2 weeks, i didn't really have time to focus on this exam much, so i learned 6/18 essays in detail, and hoped that they would pick any of those 6...

(They hadn't come up already)

Needless to say, i was extremely lucky!!

Yes i do realize i essentially just bragged this entire post but i'm on one hell of a buzz!

And yeah it said consider...

same here mate
Original post by iMike0
Restoration and Evolutionary are for the Function of sleep...

If you wrote about the 5 Stages, you're on the right track since that is all about that nature of sleep

(What it is)

i dint write then in detail just threw in that there were 5 stages n ones rem.. paralysis an dreamin others are slow wave or non rem.... i dint write about theta waves or anythin ????
Reply 1572
i dint write then in detail just threw in that there were 5 stages n ones rem.. paralysis an dreamin others are slow wave or non rem.... i dint write about theta waves or anythin ????

You've definitely picked up marks then, without a doubt :smile:
On the question about the nature of sleep, could a possible correct answer be talking about sleep across different ages? I hope so, a lot of people in my school did that! :s-smilie:
Original post by Withering Wind
That is essentially what i wrote, but then again i didn't revise that, so didn't really know what nature of sleep what, so could have got it wrong lol.

least im not the only one then!
Reply 1575

In my textbook, they say that 'Discuss' is to provide a reasonable, balanced account.
Couldn't have asked for better questions :smile:
Really I hope I get my grade. But as a lot of people have said I expect the grade boundaries will be higher.
my only concern was the time...I was rushing the last question (evolutionary explanations of food preferences) but I think I got everything I wanted in there...even if the AO3 points were a few short paragraphs. ah well at least I got it in there.
Was so happy with the aggression question!
Just wondering, those who did relationships...did you do either childhood or adolescence or both? it took me half an hour to do childhood so didn't have time to do adolescence but don't think it matters.
Original post by angelbones
Yeah, it was horrible. (Why are the Gender ones always awful -_-)
The only explanation I could remember was parents who didn't enforce stereotyped gender roles, and so I just rambled about that for about a page. Made up all the evaluation as my book didn't give any.

I just put about how Androgynous were aschematic or something and related it back to psychological health and flexibility. Cross cultual I just mentioned the similarities and differences, mentioned a few reserachers and evaluated their work. Hopefully, I'll pick up a few marks....

I still can't believe I put genetics in aggression. :facepalm:
Original post by Stephhcharlene
9 marks is outline. 16 is evaluation!! (as in if something is 16 marks it wants 16 a02/3!) So in other words, yes you did it wrong :/

Oh great, that was my best topic as well. They really need to make it obvious with the wording of the question, by just putting the word 'evaluate' in the question. Plus the question was something like 'Discuss consequences in the disruption of biological rhythms' (Don't know if that is the exact wording). I don't really see how this question clearly highlights A02/3 points being needed, when it seems to me they are indicated for you to discuss the A01. But yes probably did it wrong, good for you though, help bring the grade boundaries down. :tongue:
Reply 1579
Original post by fiona_1508
Couldn't have asked for better questions :smile:
Really I hope I get my grade. But as a lot of people have said I expect the grade boundaries will be higher.
my only concern was the time...I was rushing the last question (evolutionary explanations of food preferences) but I think I got everything I wanted in there...even if the AO3 points were a few short paragraphs. ah well at least I got it in there.
Was so happy with the aggression question!
Just wondering, those who did relationships...did you do either childhood or adolescence or both? it took me half an hour to do childhood so didn't have time to do adolescence but don't think it matters.

Won't the boundaries be lower? Since the likely majority of people who failed this time around will also not revise this time around, as well as the fact they now have Unit 4 to revise for in addition - Thus people getting less marks, so they lower the grade boundaries...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending