The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Paparazzi
So glad my predictions came up - they were all I had learnt!!! Just hope the grade boundaries won't be too high now...

I wouldnt base high grade boundaries off the responses from people from one thread... and besides lets hope they are low :smile:
Original post by iMike0
You've definitely picked up marks then, without a doubt :smile:

yh i think the other questions went really well so should be ok lol
Exam sucked!!! LOL I aced the Relationships question but aggression and gender i flopped big time.
But I saw the grade boundaries for January was like 38/75 marks for 70 UMS and 50/75 for 90 UMS

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BOUND-JAN11.PDF
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
I just put about how Androgynous were aschematic or something and related it back to psychological health and flexibility. Cross cultual I just mentioned the similarities and differences, mentioned a few reserachers and evaluated their work. Hopefully, I'll pick up a few marks....

I still can't believe I put genetics in aggression. :facepalm:

I think this paper went better than the January one, but AQA are so hard to guage. Aaagh. I wish results came sooner, tbh.
MEGA chuffed with exam! Everything that I predicted came up!
Eating- Evolutionary and Psych Explan
Aggression- NEURAL AND HORMONAL (sooooooooo glad group displays didnt come up) :biggrin:
Cognitive Development -Mirror Neurons and Kohlberg/ Eisneberg!!

Just hope I did the corrct amount of AO1 AO2 AO3 format, cos thats what normally lets me down!! "/

However, went straight to the pub after exam :')

Just hope PSYA4 is as good on tuesday!
Anyone do same questions as me? :smile:
I'm really worried that I wrote about the wrong thing on 'outline the nature of sleep.' I spoke about sleep in infancy, childhood, adolescence and adulthood (ran out of time for old people.)

If I have written about the wrong stuff, do you think AQA will possibly mark it as if it were right, as I know many people who wrote about the same stuff, and the question was extremely vague!!!
Should an answer about hormones and neural machanisms include genetic studies? :|

I thought it was about the testosterone, PMS, serotonin etc but I heard a few students say that they talked about genes too...
Reply 1587
ah the paper was WICKED :biggrin:
didn't like the 5 marker for eating LOL oh wells :smile: everything else we predicted came up!! i really didn't want group displays to come and it didn't WOO :biggrin:
reallly want an A* :smile:
Reply 1588
Original post by harleyceverett88
I'm really worried that I wrote about the wrong thing on 'outline the nature of sleep.' I spoke about sleep in infancy, childhood, adolescence and adulthood (ran out of time for old people.)

If I have written about the wrong stuff, do you think AQA will possibly mark it as if it were right, as I know many people who wrote about the same stuff, and the question was extremely vague!!!

Sounds to me like that's NOT function of sleep, so you really can't have gone wrong, personally I've never written about sleep through the life cycle, but I would say it would make could be write to write about that... :smile:

No point worrying now anyway, they're over and it's in the past :smile:
Original post by Strawberrycayk
Should an answer about hormones and neural machanisms include genetic studies? :|

I thought it was about the testosterone, PMS, serotonin etc but I heard a few students say that they talked about genes too...
No, I'm 100% sure you had to write about testosterone, serotonin etc! You could've brung up genetics at the end as an alternative explanation :smile:
Original post by esachica
In my textbook, they say that 'Discuss' is to provide a reasonable, balanced account.

It said consider...
Original post by MVD_02
ah the paper was WICKED :biggrin:
didn't like the 5 marker for eating LOL oh wells :smile: everything else we predicted came up!! i really didn't want group displays to come and it didn't WOO :biggrin:
reallly want an A* :smile:

SAME! I was really happy with the paper :smile:

I guess the risk paid off this time! haha :smile: now for PsyA4...
Original post by angelbones
I think this paper went better than the January one, but AQA are so hard to guage. Aaagh. I wish results came sooner, tbh.

I don't know....

I think the nature of sleep question will have thrown some people.
The aggression question was good, but some people (me) stupidly mentioned gentetics. Also, gender was just awful.
Reply 1593
Original post by Joseanne16

Original post by Joseanne16
SAME! I was really happy with the paper :smile:

I guess the risk paid off this time! haha :smile: now for PsyA4...

haha exactly!! i got a feeling we can do this for unit 4 as well? LOOL suss out what came up before and predict it what's gnna come up?!
Original post by harleyceverett88
No, I'm 100% sure you had to write about testosterone, serotonin etc! You could've brung up genetics at the end as an alternative explanation :smile:

Yay! Thank you for clearing that up :biggrin:
Reply 1595
Original post by Shaaaady
I wouldnt base high grade boundaries off the responses from people from one thread... and besides lets hope they are low :smile:

Loool I won't, fingers crossed!
I did Biorhythms, Aggression & Eating... thought it went okay but I'm really unsure about the amount of A02/A03 I got in :frown: totally ran out of time.
I did the sleep stages for the nature of sleep but loooooads of people in my college wrote about functions of sleep & lifespan changes in sleep. The consider the consequences of disruption to bio rhythms was horrible i thought! how much evaluation can you do for that!?
I thought aggression was okay - wrote about dopamine & testosterone
eating was decent but I just hope i get the grade.
Need an A in this exam to get into uni :frown: Hoping for low grade boundaries!
Don't the rules say that we can't discuss exams till tomorrow or something? :s-smilie:
Reply 1598
Everyone at my school said they found it really easy, and I feel like the only one that didn't! And I need an A! Aargh! Stress!

Anyway, do you think it was OK to put about the sleep-wake cycle for "the nature of sleep" question? Plus I had no issues or debates for the second part (the consequences of disrupting biological rhythms) so I'm pretty sure I failed the sleep essay. I found the relationships question hard as well. The aggression one was the only one I felt OK with!
Reply 1599
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
It said consider...

I was just explaining what discuss meant.

Quick Reply

Latest