The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MVD_02
haha exactly!! i got a feeling we can do this for unit 4 as well? LOOL suss out what came up before and predict it what's gnna come up?!

Well i'm already thinking biological therapies for schizophrenia.. hahahaha

Which disorder do you do?

Its a bit harder though for anomalistic and research methods because they have many short answwer questions.
Reply 1601
Although my teacher talked about the "nature of sleep" a few months ago with us, and she said you can write about pretty much anything in the whole topic. Because the question's so vague, I don't think they could expect one specific topic...I hope. :/
Original post by esachica
I was just explaining what discuss meant.

Ahhh, sorry, I've just been a bit snappy.

How WERE we meant to answer that question? :s-smilie:
There wasn't much A02.
Reply 1603
Did anyone do schizophrenia, stress or cognitive development?
If you just write 'this study raises the issue of animal research'

Is that worth one AO2 Mark?

Please some one answer this otherwise I have got a D
Original post by safwaansh
If you just write 'this study raises the issue of animal research'

Is that worth one AO2 Mark?

Please some one answer this otherwise I have got a D

I think it's too vague to get a mark :frown:
Reply 1606
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
Ahhh, sorry, I've just been a bit snappy.

How WERE we meant to answer that question? :s-smilie:
There wasn't much A02.

Hehe don't worry :tongue:

I honestly don't know though :/ I just went for it and introduced how our lives now involve things such as jet lag (for business and pleasure) and shift work (needed for doctors/police etc) then explained each briefly and brought in studied such as Schwartz dude with his phase delay being easier to adapt to and his study with the baseball players, criticising that it was all men (gender bias!) but praising that it was a longitude study of 3 years. With shiftwork I talked about Cziesler (or however you spell it!) and his 7 shifts to 21, though I couldn't criticise him :/ Armstrong did a study on nurses performances being impaired at night time though & I went on about how this was socially sensitive and he used a small sample.

But whoooo knooows? I never quite get what AQA want from us :|
Reply 1607
did anyone do perception?
and in regards to eating behaviour- eveolutionary explanations for food prefrence, did people write about early diets, preference for meat and taste aversion?
Original post by harleyceverett88
I think it's too vague to get a mark :frown:

I completely messed this exam up:frown: ran out of time. Dis half of each essay. Only did the nature of sleep fully
Original post by brogs13
did anyone do perception?
and in regards to eating behaviour- eveolutionary explanations for food prefrence, did people write about early diets, preference for meat and taste aversion?

for evo explanations I wrote similar to you...for AO1 i wrote about preference for meat and taste aversion (only 4 marks for AO1) and for AO2 i wrote about taste aversion, were early ancestors meat eaters, and importance of calories and for AO3 talking about nature/nurture, deterministic, face validity etc
Original post by needssomehelpplease
erm, hoping you expanded on that? if you used the word 'however' and said that it can't be applied to human behaviour and maybe included Barnet it could count as a02 but i would see it as an a03 point though.

I literally just wrote that as I ran out of time. I also put 'an alternative approach is slt'. Let me guess, that didn't get me any marks either?
Original post by esachica
Hi again :tongue: Yeah I agree. And it was only 4 marks for AO1! I talked about Czeisler/Armstrong for shift work and Schwartz for jet lag which I evaluated with gender bias, longitutinal etc etc and went into how you could combat Jet lag. Still feel not much A02/3 though :/

Hello! :redface:

Buttt, I'm pretty sure there wasn't any marks for AO1 in that question, was 9 for nature of sleep then 16 for disruptions? Quite awkward.. Ahhh well, hopefully that will've thrown people of, lowering the grade boundaries :tongue:
Original post by liamcol123
Hello! :redface:

Buttt, I'm pretty sure there wasn't any marks for AO1 in that question, was 9 for nature of sleep then 16 for disruptions? Quite awkward.. Ahhh well, hopefully that will've thrown people of, lowering the grade boundaries :tongue:

I know! 16 marks for evaluation wtf!?
Reply 1613
did anyone do intelligence??? i ran out of time and misunderstood the question :frown: i spoke about why intelligence developed...

to find food
for tool use
communication ect

will i get any mark?
Reply 1614
Original post by Becky_1993
I know! 16 marks for evaluation wtf!?

There's always 16 marks for evaluation, isn't there?
Reply 1615
Original post by Joseanne16

Original post by Joseanne16
Well i'm already thinking biological therapies for schizophrenia.. hahahaha

Which disorder do you do?

Its a bit harder though for anomalistic and research methods because they have many short answwer questions.

heyy i do schiz wbu?
lool well i was thinking biological explanations and maybe one of the therapies hmm
Reply 1616
i thought the sleep question - the consequences one was ao1? because it said consider :s-smilie: so i explained the effects like shift work and sleep deprivation and organ disease and jet lag and performance hmmm i dno :\
Did anyone not answer all the sections fully?
Original post by chloe07
There's always 16 marks for evaluation, isn't there?

yeah I just didn't expect it to be 16 marks on disrupting bio rhythms :frown: really didn't have enough to write
Original post by MVD_02
i thought the sleep question - the consequences one was ao1? because it said consider :s-smilie: so i explained the effects like shift work and sleep deprivation and organ disease and jet lag and performance hmmm i dno :\

I'm guessing because it was 16 marks it was all A02/3 stuff. In 25 mark questions, the A01 is only 9 :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending