The Student Room Group

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CityTrader
Anyone else heard back from Morgan Stanley?

Rejection as well.

Can't say I'm surprised my academics are poor and I have no work experience.
(edited 12 years ago)
Lol? what? No.

lol nevermind, i must be thinking of someone else.
Reply 222
I got a Morgan Stanley acceptance!!! Applied on the 5th or 6th june, getttt innn!! Hopefully i get the RBS and JPM ones as well :biggrin:
Original post by teshnit
I got a Morgan Stanley acceptance!!! Applied on the 5th or 6th june, getttt innn!! Hopefully i get the RBS and JPM ones as well :biggrin:

Chill out mate, it's not like you've won the world cup or anything :wink:
Reply 224
Original post by therealOG
Chill out mate, it's not like you've won the world cup or anything :wink:

Haha i know, but during these exam rotten time, any news is thrilling :P Plus it finally gives me something good to put on my CV, which is pretty lacking currently
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 225
Original post by teshnit
Haha i know, but during these exam rotten time, any news is thrilling :P Plus it finally gives me something good to put on my CV, which is pretty lacking currently

Rejected as well, although I could not attend if selected anyway...got a two-day McKinsey leadership residental on the same date:biggrin:.

May I ask what you ECs/ academics were, or anything which you feel helped your application? Just wondering what these schemes are looking for, as I will also apply next year.
Reply 226
Original post by twig
Rejected as well, although I could not attend if selected anyway...got a two-day McKinsey leadership residental on the same date:biggrin:.

May I ask what you ECs/ academics were, or anything which you feel helped your application? Just wondering what these schemes are looking for, as I will also apply next year.

ECs uhhm vice president of economics society at my sixth form, young enterprise, small personally founded business, sports (cricket/football), week work exp in the finance and marketing plus shadowing the MD of hushpuppies/wolverine HQ. Academics, 2A* 5A 2B, AS AABBC, A2 A*AAA. Hope that helps mate!

Dw the Mck&Co event looks much better, shame its year 12 only, i couldn't apply :P
Reply 227
Original post by teshnit
ECs uhhm vice president of economics society at my sixth form, young enterprise, small personally founded business, sports (cricket/football), week work exp in the finance and marketing plus shadowing the MD of hushpuppies/wolverine HQ. Academics, 2A* 5A 2B, AS AABBC, A2 A*AAA. Hope that helps mate!

Dw the Mck&Co event looks much better, shame its year 12 only, i couldn't apply :P

Seems like a bit of a lottery! Well done for getting on though. I got rejected as well, bit annoyed but I got told I have a job interview today so that dampened it a bit :biggrin:

Do you happen to go to a well-known school by any chance? (Just trying to work out how they selected applicants... it would be a bit unfair if they did it based on work experience because the whole idea of these events is to give people without experience a chance)
Reply 228
Original post by tateco
Seems like a bit of a lottery! Well done for getting on though. I got rejected as well, bit annoyed but I got told I have a job interview today so that dampened it a bit :biggrin:

Do you happen to go to a well-known school by any chance? (Just trying to work out how they selected applicants... it would be a bit unfair if they did it based on work experience because the whole idea of these events is to give people without experience a chance)

Leicester Grammar School, it's not well known (like eton etc) but its a private school nonetheless (private grammar, not state independant)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tateco

Not to worry mate, what is your interview (you can PM me if u would prefer)? I too have got one this summer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 230
Not to worry mate, what is your interview (you can PM me if u would prefer)? I too have got one this summer.

Just a part time job, nothing to do with banking :smile: I'll be applying for a few schemes in financial services soon though, what about you?
Original post by teshnit
Leicester Grammar School, it's not well known (like eton etc) but its a private school nonetheless (private grammar, not state independant)

I'm being pedantic here, but Leicester Grammar School is not an actual grammar school. It's an independent secondary school which is was formed to emulate the city's former grammar schools.

Also, what is this state independent you speak of? :holmes:
Original post by tateco
Just a part time job, nothing to do with banking :smile: I'll be applying for a few schemes in financial services soon though, what about you?

Oh rite nice one, got some work Ecp and an interview with a brokers aswell.
I'm being pedantic here, but Leicester Grammar School is not an actual grammar school. It's an independent secondary school which is was formed to emulate the city's former grammar schools.

I don't think wether or not you going to private school made any difference or this event, it certainy didn't for me!
Reply 234

Clearly you know more about me than the educational system so, no point me answering because i know what i said is wrong if were being pedantic. However never knew it wasn't a real grammar aha, learn something new everyday, been going there for 7 years almost now too lol

Fine, LGS is private, not a grammar, happy...
Reply 235
Original post by teshnit

Nice, I got in as well. But are you actually going to put this on your CV, I would have thought that most people looking at an CV wouldnt really care about insight days? I may be wrong though.
Reply 236
Original post by crazy1234
Nice, I got in as well. But are you actually going to put this on your CV, I would have thought that most people looking at an CV wouldnt really care about insight days? I may be wrong though.

Maybe slip it in with a new choice words to describe it :P You just need to spin it into something very selective and glorious haha maybe group it with other insight days like RBS/JPM etc to give it bit more substance.
I'll use it until I get something better to put down in terms of banking stuff, currently my CV has zero banking relevance if you get what im saying..
Original post by teshnit
Clearly you know more about me than the educational system so, no point me answering because i know what i said is wrong if were being pedantic. However never knew it wasn't a real grammar aha, learn something new everyday, been going there for 7 years almost now too lol

Fine, LGS is private, not a grammar, happy...

I didn't mean to offend you :cry2:
Reply 238
:wink:
I don't think wether or not you going to private school made any difference or this event, it certainy didn't for me!

If this was aimed at me, I dont think it did either, just another guy asked what school i went too...
Reply 239
I didn't mean to offend you :cry2:

Didnt mean to make you cry :colondollar: I'm not offended, kinda realise what i said was a bit stupid, how can you be independent and be under the state haha, anywho my aim was jsut to say it was a private rather than normal grammar :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending