The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harleyceverett88
I'm guessing because it was 16 marks it was all A02/3 stuff. In 25 mark questions, the A01 is only 9 :/

i found it confusing they didn't use the words 'evaluate'
Reply 1621
Original post by safwaansh

i found it confusing they didn't use the words 'evaluate'

exactly! i think that was ao1.. its gta be because they said consider and they didn't say evaluate!!
Original post by MVD_02
exactly! i think that was ao1.. its gta be because they said consider and they didn't say evaluate!!

thats the thing though, by consider they must have meant evaluate because each section has to cover 16 marks of AO2/3
Reply 1623

thats the thing though, by consider they must have meant evaluate because each section has to cover 16 marks of AO2/3

but I hardly evaluated it -_- AH i totally thought it was ao1, stupid wording of the question!!!
Reply 1624
ok. well i found that bloody tricky.

i came out of the exam thinking s*it, then i went through stuff with teacher and i thought it went ok.

Now im thinking about it, im soo worried.

I NEED MY B
Reply 1625
Original post by Becky_1993
yeah I just didn't expect it to be 16 marks on disrupting bio rhythms :frown: really didn't have enough to write

Same. :frown: And I don't know if everything I wrote was even relevant. I started talking about practical applications of research, but I don't know if that really counts as discussing the consequences of disrupting biological rhythms. And I had no issues or debates for it whatsoever.
Reply 1626
Original post by Turnerf

Original post by Turnerf
ok. well i found that bloody tricky.

i came out of the exam thinking s*it, then i went through stuff with teacher and i thought it went ok.

Now im thinking about it, im soo worried.

I NEED MY B

i'm actually feeling worried now too :frown:
that gender question was awful awful awful! :frown::frown: and i need an A in psychology! i had never learnt explanations of androgyny ever, and i only knew one cross-cultural gender role thingy! I did aggression and cog. development too which I thought were ok (but I guess what would come up correctly) but still that's at least a third of my marks done the drain :/ anyone else agree that gender was diabolical?
Reply 1628

No, I'm 100% sure you had to write about testosterone, serotonin etc! You could've brung up genetics at the end as an alternative explanation :smile:

What about brain structure as the main point for neural mechanism explanation for aggression?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by chloe07
Same. :frown: And I don't know if everything I wrote was even relevant. I started talking about practical applications of research, but I don't know if that really counts as discussing the consequences of disrupting biological rhythms. And I had no issues or debates for it whatsoever.

Oh so did I! I wrote the exact same thing. Lets hope for lower grade boundaries! Sure what you wrote will be good though! I think practical applications is definitely what they wanted for that
I completely messed this exam up:frown: ran out of time. Dis half of each essay. Only did the nature of sleep fully

I didn't have time finish the 16 marker on eating :frown: It's so bad! I hope the grade boundaries are low.
They should really give us more time for this exam!
Reply 1631
Original post by mooniibuggy
I didn't have time finish the 16 marker on eating :frown: It's so bad! I hope the grade boundaries are low.
They should really give us more time for this exam!

Definitely. I've always done so well in practice essays but today I felt really under pressure and my quality of writing wasn't as good as it should be. Just an extra 10 minutes at the end would be good to read over it again. It was such a rush.

Still, we have longer for the next exam, so that one should be better. :smile: Does anyone know what the next paper's out of?
Guys, I know that most of you need this for University or just generally want a good grade, but stop stressing. What's done is done. The exam was hardly cake, and I'm sure it was better for some, worse for others. Don't fret, most people in my year found January to be difficult and then came out with high grades. Generally the boundaries are about 15/25 for an A per essay, and I'm sure you've done the best that you can.

AQA is generally producing some really horrid exams, and I found some aspects of this paper to be difficult, there really wasn't enough to write about for some.
Calm down, there's always a chance to bring up your mark in PSYA4.

(: x
Reply 1633
Original post by liamcol123
Hello! :redface:

Buttt, I'm pretty sure there wasn't any marks for AO1 in that question, was 9 for nature of sleep then 16 for disruptions? Quite awkward.. Ahhh well, hopefully that will've thrown people of, lowering the grade boundaries :tongue:

Is it POSSIBLE not to have AO1 then? What actually IS AO1? I thought it was just talking or whatever. General discussion? :s-smilie:
Reply 1634
Original post by chloe07

Original post by chloe07
Definitely. I've always done so well in practice essays but today I felt really under pressure and my quality of writing wasn't as good as it should be. Just an extra 10 minutes at the end would be good to read over it again. It was such a rush.

Still, we have longer for the next exam, so that one should be better. :smile: Does anyone know what the next paper's out of?

unit 4s outta 85 :smile:
Original post by esachica
Is it POSSIBLE not to have AO1 then? What actually IS AO1? I thought it was just talking or whatever. General discussion? :s-smilie:

Sorry to geg, but if you're asking what A01 is, it's general discussion or explanation. For example describing patterns of something and maybe giving reason, but not evaluating e.g. discussing the positive and negative aspects of it.

x
Original post by esachica

Yeahh I get ya, I must've put AO1 because I was making some vague attempt at evaluating stuff that I hadn't actually said yet, like, because I had no AO1 to evaluate, it was kinda dark? Aha, I jus' started saying about implications of research, then gave some examples of said research and AO3'd the f*ck out of the studies aha. My grade depends on whether I get some awful examiner, or a really nice one, but I'm sure (hope) I managed my C...

Mahhh it'll all work itself out! :biggrin:
Reply 1637
I guess we all did the best we could :smile: no point looking back! now time to smash unit 4 ;D
Reply 1638
Original post by MVD_02
i'm actually feeling worried now too :frown:

What topics did you doo?
Im so worried now, im over thinking of how i could have done it all a million times better!!
Its scary that quite alot of my friends, and people on here seem to be quite happy! GOD. !!
Reply 1639
Original post by Turnerf

Original post by Turnerf
What topics did you doo?
Im so worried now, im over thinking of how i could have done it all a million times better!!
Its scary that quite alot of my friends, and people on here seem to be quite happy! GOD. !!

I did eating, sleep and aggression! you?
haha SAME!!
tbh I came outta the exam feeling happy but now I'm thinking hmm I might have messed up one question :| I really want an A in this paper :\

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending