The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

I didn't think that was too bad, was a little thrown by the androgyny question though. I didn't think there was enough to write about it to come up, apparently not.

This may just be post-exam paranoia but did we have to write the question numbers on the front of the answer booklet?
will i lose lots of marks for no alternative approaches? i seriously ran of time and panicked. i only did half of each question :/
Reply 1642
Original post by lizolove
Sorry to geg, but if you're asking what A01 is, it's general discussion or explanation. For example describing patterns of something and maybe giving reason, but not evaluating e.g. discussing the positive and negative aspects of it.

x

Then I don't get how you can't NOT do AO1? Else you'd just be jumping from study to study...
Reply 1643
Original post by liamcol123
Yeahh I get ya, I must've put AO1 because I was making some vague attempt at evaluating stuff that I hadn't actually said yet, like, because I had no AO1 to evaluate, it was kinda dark? Aha, I jus' started saying about implications of research, then gave some examples of said research and AO3'd the f*ck out of the studies aha. My grade depends on whether I get some awful examiner, or a really nice one, but I'm sure (hope) I managed my C...

Mahhh it'll all work itself out! :biggrin:

Let me know how you get on :smile:
Original post by safwaansh
Did anyone not answer all the sections fully?

I did eating behaviours and ran out of time, so I didn't answer anything for the 5mark question because I knew more for the other one
but didn't write enough for the 20 mark question :frown:

So, I'm guessing I have DEFINITELY lost about 15 marks. I need an A, so the possibility of that is slipping away...

What about you?
Original post by harleyceverett88
I'm guessing because it was 16 marks it was all A02/3 stuff. In 25 mark questions, the A01 is only 9 :/

That question was confusing.

I've picked up marks for evaluating studies and mentioning the implications, i.e we live in a world where shift work is becoming necessary, but that question was worded in quite an ambiguous way.
Reply 1646
Original post by MVD_02
I did eating, sleep and aggression! you?
haha SAME!!
tbh I came outta the exam feeling happy but now I'm thinking hmm I might have messed up one question :| I really want an A in this paper :\

Id love an A.. but i "just" need a B.
hopefully we will have both got what we want!!
I do sleeping, perception, eating!!

sigh.
I NEED TO FOCUS ON PAPER 4 NOW.
COME ONNNNN
The fact that so many people seemed to find it easy, is worrying. It means the grade boundaries will probably be high. Aside from the fact that the questions were easy to predict, I think most were easy to answer.

/Comparing it with Jan and most people found it incredibly hard.
Reply 1648
Original post by Turnerf

Original post by Turnerf

sigh.
COME ONNNNN

Yeah I just need a B too! but an A would be wicked :smile:
haha yepp 4 days till unit 4!
Original post by safwaansh
Did anyone not answer all the sections fully?

I answered every question, but by the looks of things I went wrong.
Reply 1650
Original post by Turnerf

Original post by Turnerf

sigh.
COME ONNNNN

how did you find the perception questiom?
Did anyone else feel reeeeally time pressured? I even have extra time but I struggled so much to fit anything more than vague explanations and a couple of criticisms in... WORRIED D:
I'm finding it SO difficult to not be tempted to follow predictions of PSYA4 now, damn these predictions being so successful!
Reply 1653

I'm finding it SO difficult to not be tempted to follow predictions of PSYA4 now, damn these predictions being so successful!

haha see I was thinking the same!! I dunno whether to predict or what :\
Original post by Tilly87
that gender question was awful awful awful! :frown::frown: and i need an A in psychology! i had never learnt explanations of androgyny ever, and i only knew one cross-cultural gender role thingy! I did aggression and cog. development too which I thought were ok (but I guess what would come up correctly) but still that's at least a third of my marks done the drain :/ anyone else agree that gender was diabolical?

ME.

Cross cultural I think I picked up some marks, since I outlined gender roles and used studies to back it up. I also evaluated, but not to an incredibly high standard.

Androgyny though.......My God.
I just outlined Bem and talked about flexibility and psychological healthiness. Then I mentioned how androgynous people were aschematic, but my essay was a mess....
Original post by triangle_eyes
I did eating behaviours and ran out of time, so I didn't answer anything for the 5mark question because I knew more for the other one
but didn't write enough for the 20 mark question :frown:

So, I'm guessing I have DEFINITELY lost about 15 marks. I need an A, so the possibility of that is slipping away...

What about you?

i did the first one on nature on sleep fine. pretty sure i got full 9 marks there. but the rest of the questions i only done half of each. did same issue (real life application) for two essays and lots of AO3.

i wrote out what i wrote on a word document and now i'm very worried
Original post by esachica
Then I don't get how you can't NOT do AO1? Else you'd just be jumping from study to study...

Yes, but the thing is, some people just write "Bem's study about androgyny can be criticised because..." as opposed to explaining it like "Bem created a study regarding attributes of male and female aspects, 20 apparently male, 20 female and 20 separate to gender. Bem's clear sense of bias was present here through her sample type, causing results to be unable to be generalised."

As a result of "Bem's study of androgyny" thing, you'd literally get no marks, because you describe nothing.

Some people end up doing that because of time limits or just general forgetfulness, but never fear, for anyone reading this who has done it can make up for it in A02 evaluation points. :smile:
Original post by WastinTime
I didn't think that was too bad, was a little thrown by the androgyny question though. I didn't think there was enough to write about it to come up, apparently not.

This may just be post-exam paranoia but did we have to write the question numbers on the front of the answer booklet?

We didn't need to write the numbers on the front of the book, calm down. :wink:
Know what you mean. Sat there for a minute thinking about my answer and just wrote it down. Sort of just described Bem's study and evaluated it, but came out of the exam and saw "Bem" wasn't on that page of the textbook. Nearly died of upset, then my friend showed me her notes from the teacher and they were there, thank god.
Reply 1658

was sooo happy that predictions came up! :biggrin: any predictions for media or phobias?!
Reply 1659
Failed :emo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending