The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
^ Ah ditto, can't believe I just found this now! *falmpalm. Don't worry too much guys, I'm sure no one was as stupidly lame as me and accidentally left out the 12 mark question on Cultural Differences in Gender - *doublefacepalm. Praying the grade boundaries are low or at least the same as Jan 11, Jun 2010. Any ideas on what you think the grade boundaries out of 75 might be for an A for this exam?
Reply 1681
Does anyone know how they convert raw mark into UMS for psychology? i mean does each question have a different weighting? cause obviously its not fair if some questions are harder than others?
Original post by Chazra
Does anyone know how they convert raw mark into UMS for psychology? i mean does each question have a different weighting? cause obviously its not fair if some questions are harder than others?

http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/ums_converter_a2.php?id=04
Reply 1683

so lets say someone did relationships, aggression and perception which were considered 'easier' questions on this paper, and got 50/75, would they get the same UMS mark as someone who did gender, cognition and development and sleep, slightly 'harder' questions, who got 50/75 ?????? surely thats not fair?
so lets say someone did relationships, aggression and perception which were considered 'easier' questions on this paper, and got 50/75, would they get the same UMS mark as someone who did gender, cognition and development and sleep, slightly 'harder' questions, who got 50/75 ?????? surely thats not fair?

blame your psychology teachers, they're the ones who decided what topics they're going to teach you! OR you could've just learnt the 'easier' topics yourself or something but pretty sure all questions have to be marked fairly :smile:
Reply 1685

i find it weird that when someone got 60/75 raw marks, they ended up with 100 UMS?! doesnt seem right that then someone who got full marks couldnt get any higher....
Reply 1686
Original post by needssomehelpplease
blame your psychology teachers, they're the ones who decided what topics they're going to teach you! OR you could've just learnt the 'easier' topics yourself or something but pretty sure all questions have to be marked fairly :smile:

i wouldnt say there were any easier topics, just the questions in this particular exam, the gender question in this exam was difficult to get higher marks on compared with the relationships question .....
Reply 1687
The topics I did were,
Relationships
Aggression
Gender.
I thought the paper was pretty decent in comparison to past one's. What everyone has to keep in mind is that Psychology is a broad subject. This means there are various different approaches,research, studies for each topic, so no answer is going to be at all the same.
What I'd like to know is how many studies and synoptic points did people use for the 9+16 mark essays?
Original post by Kerry92
i find it weird that when someone got 60/75 raw marks, they ended up with 100 UMS?! doesnt seem right that then someone who got full marks couldnt get any higher....

no it's right because raw marks on average are X by 1.5 , sometimes this value can go higher or lower, so on average 65/75 accounts to 100 ums :smile:
Reply 1689
Original post by sillysal
no it's right because raw marks on average are X by 1.5 , sometimes this value can go higher or lower, so on average 65/75 accounts to 100 ums :smile:

ahh i seee! thanks for clearing that up! :smile:
really think AQA should do away with the split questions they seem to just cause confusion its not as if people haven't learnt the information its just overly difficult to understand how to put the info down. Haha all my questions were split ones :/
I so totally preferred the January paper over this one! I remembered all my stuff for Formation of R'ships and Biological Rhythms in January so well, but that stupid evolutionary aggression question pulled me down to a D! Which why I retook.

I'm not happy at all with the question on relationships, its just such a confusing topic to talk about. Should've found bio rhythms and aggression a breeze, but mind just went blank with aggression.
any 1 do intelligence?
Not sure if theres a thread for unit 4 for this, but any chance anyone has the june&jan 09 papers? Psychology went better then i expected today, im just so glad the predictions were right :biggrin:
Original post by Abnegation

Original post by Abnegation
I thought it was really hard to evaluate well. What did you say?

i talked airchairadaptionism, doesnt fully explain complex human beh etc, dont think i wrote enough :/ what did u write about mainly?
Reply 1695
Original post by Smilie :)
Not sure if theres a thread for unit 4 for this, but any chance anyone has the june&jan 09 papers? Psychology went better then i expected today, im just so glad the predictions were right :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1532524

:smile:
I did:

Relationships, Intelligence and Biological Rhythms

Relps: okish, intelligence: didn't like, Bio R's easy
Original post by gchaggar75
ive got the past papers all

January 2011?! Pleeeaasseee link it if you do! :smile:
So so so so so glad that this is all over! Thought the paper was pretty good too :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending