The Student Room Group

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by teshnit
:wink:

If this was aimed at me, I dont think it did either, just another guy asked what school i went too...

He was aiming it at me :smile: I'm just trying to get an idea of why I got rejected, that's all :smile:
Reply 241
Original post by teshnit
Maybe slip it in with a new choice words to describe it :P You just need to spin it into something very selective and glorious haha maybe group it with other insight days like RBS/JPM etc to give it bit more substance.
I'll use it until I get something better to put down in terms of banking stuff, currently my CV has zero banking relevance if you get what im saying..

Fair enough, the JP Morgan one seems to be quite well known so if we get into that, could just slip it in next to it.
But I don't think banks expect you to have a great deal of banking expierence pre-university, so it should be fine...
Reply 242
Original post by crazy1234
Fair enough, the JP Morgan one seems to be quite well known so if we get into that, could just slip it in next to it.
But I don't think banks expect you to have a great deal of banking expierence pre-university, so it should be fine...

Agreed, I think the point where experience becomes necessary is for Summer internships (spring weeks etc.), then even more so for graduate schemes
Reply 243
Original post by tateco
He was aiming it at me :smile: I'm just trying to get an idea of why I got rejected, that's all :smile:

If your academics are there it may just have been because of what you wrote in your cover letter, as opposed to anything else
Reply 244

True, plus it might give you a little edge for pre-intern weeks in 1st/2nd year before summer internship. Especially because im not going to be going to a target uni, I'm aiming to build up pre-uni banking experience, get onto pre-intern week at some point, which should give me an edge or at least bring me on par with target uni applicants for summer internship during uni. I know already I have a longer route to go than target unis, so why not get started now :P
Reply 245
If your academics are there it may just have been because of what you wrote in your cover letter, as opposed to anything else

Perhaps. I thought it was fairly reasonable but life goes on! :smile: It's the unfortunate extreme competitiveness of these courses that sometimes means more-than-good enough applicants can easily be rejected (I'm not saying I'm one of these, but you get the point)
Reply 246
Original post by teshnit
True, plus it might give you a little edge for pre-intern weeks in 1st/2nd year before summer internship. Especially because im not going to be going to a target uni, I'm aiming to build up pre-uni banking experience, get onto pre-intern week at some point, which should give me an edge or at least bring me on par with target uni applicants for summer internship during uni. I know already I have a longer route to go than target unis, so why not get started now :P

Fair enough, I have an feeling I may end up going down the same route as you. But I think as long as you are still going to an top 10/15 university, you still stnad an good chance.
Reply 247
Original post by tateco
Perhaps. I thought it was fairly reasonable but life goes on! :smile: It's the unfortunate extreme competitiveness of these courses that sometimes means more-than-good enough applicants can easily be rejected (I'm not saying I'm one of these, but you get the point)

It's true though, banks can generally have their pick of top applicants, but I do think it reaches an point where two candidates are so similiar it may essentially be an lottery.
Reply 248
Has anyone not heard back from them too? Because I have yet to hear back from them :s-smilie:
Original post by entaylor
Has anyone not heard back from them too? Because I have yet to hear back from them :s-smilie:

I haven't heard back either. Are you guys talking about the three day work experiance programme or the open day?
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I haven't heard back either. Are you guys talking about the three day work experiance programme or the open day?

This is the MS insight day, JPM is the 2 day programme.
Original post by Competencies
This is the MS insight day, JPM is the 2 day programme.

I applied for a three day work experiance programme at MS not an insight day.
I applied for a three day work experiance programme at MS not an insight day.

Well this isn't a discussion about that, was that the female programme?

Please don't tell me guys could apply to that programme as well...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Competencies
Well this isn't a discussion about that, was that the female programme?

Please don't tell me guys could apply to that programme as well...

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I sent a CV and CL to the email address, I didn't specify any particular programme. I got a reply saying that my application for the Morgan Stanley Work Experience programme is being reviewed.

sidebar: when will people realise that I couldn't care less about rep?
(edited 12 years ago)

I sent a CV and CL to the email address, I didn't specify any particular programme. I got a reply saying that my application for the Morgan Stanley Work Experience programme is being reviewed.

The email address was the same for both so it sounds like you applied to the female programme. Not sure what will happen to be honest, I think I remember someone on here saying that they had been on a programme that was aimed at females but there were a few guys so maybe you could be ok.
The 3 day MS programme was female only :/
Reply 256

They're not exactly going to look highly upon an applicant not even reading the requirements for each programme, with gender being the discriminating factor, I think your chances of success are pretty minimal.
Original post by tateco
They're not exactly going to look highly upon an applicant not even reading the requirements for each programme, with gender being the discriminating factor, I think your chances of success are pretty minimal.

Maybe they'll be impressed by the fact that he just don't give a flying ****!! :colone:
Reply 258
Original post by therealOG
Maybe they'll be impressed by the fact that he just don't give a flying ****!! :colone:

The might not even realise he's female if he's lucky, you're not supposed to put gender on your CV for equality reasons, they just might get a bit of a shock when he turns up on the day :wink: :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
The fact that I applied two days after the deadline probably won't help my application much either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending