The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy23
damn :/ fo my further maths im doing S1, s2, d1, fp2, fp3 & m3 so looks like i got the easy options :P

Yep, but mechanics is fairly easy anyway. And more useful cos I'm gonna do engineering.
Reply 1801
Hi everyone!
Does each college have its own matriculation ceremony or do all freshers from all colleges attend the same one?
Original post by Omio
Hi everyone!
Does each college have its own matriculation ceremony or do all freshers from all colleges attend the same one?

All go to the same one, though there are smaller ceremonies for those who don't join in Michaelmas Term.
Reply 1803
Original post by Festina lente
All go to the same one, though there are smaller ceremonies for those who don't join in Michaelmas Term.

Any idea when it will happen this year?
Reply 1804
Original post by Omio
Any idea when it will happen this year?

End of first week, so probably Saturday 15th October.
Reply 1805
Original post by zigzog7
Yep, but mechanics is fairly easy anyway. And more useful cos I'm gonna do engineering.

saaame dude bt im only doing up to M3 :/
Original post by BJack
End of first week, so probably Saturday 15th October.

Yup, tis the 15th October 2011, see for example here.
Original post by Lucy23
saaame dude bt im only doing up to M3 :/

You're doing engineering too?
Original post by I eat poo
well mechanics on monday went really well, still got 4 next week which are the ones i need to do well in... physics isnt looking too good tho :/

Awwww good luck I'm sure you've done great
Reply 1809
There are no other Irish people lurking here are there?
Reply 1810
Original post by zigzog7
You're doing engineering too?

Yeah! Engineering science @ Jesus
Original post by Lucy23
Yeah! Engineering science @ Jesus

Nice, hopefully will see you there. Was it your first choice or not? What other college interviewed you?
Reply 1813
Original post by GoTobann
There are no other Irish people lurking here are there?

Well I'm from Northern Ireland.. :smile:
Reply 1814
Original post by zigzog7
Nice, hopefully will see you there. Was it your first choice or not? What other college interviewed you?

Yeah it was, my other interview was hertford, how about you?
Hmm... is it just me, or does something smell like Oxford applicants for 2012 entry?
Original post by LtCommanderData
Hmm... is it just me, or does something smell like Oxford applicants for 2012 entry?

Subtle :wink:

Although does this not mean we you have actually been stalking them too? :colondollar:
Tomorrow I finally get to say goodbye to A Levels (for the second time). Finished with C4 at 10.45...then time to get on to partying with...my copy of Language, Truth and Logic :ahee:.

Hope everyone is enjoying finally getting round to doing things apart from revision. Those who have finished, at least.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by flywithemma
Subtle :wink:

Although does this not mean we you have actually been stalking them too? :colondollar:

Someone has to keep an eye on them, they might hurt themselves! :tongue:
Original post by LtCommanderData

:colondollar: In our defense, it's worse to be an offer-holder stalking the applicants than to be an applicant stalking the offer-holders.

:getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending