The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040

Original post by gids
how many marks was this worth i did not see it :frown:. what question was it worth + how many marks was the upside down born cycle worth :frown:

Both questions were worth 2 marks each. The KOH dissociation question was the last one in the question about Ni-Cd cells.
Reply 3041
how many marks was this worth i did not see it :frown:. what question was it worth + how many marks was the upside down born cycle worth :frown: pls answer me pls
Reply 3042
Original post by sc0307
Both questions were worth 2 marks each. The KOH dissociation question was the last one in the question about Ni-Cd cells.

thanks for repling. aleast it wasnt for big marks coz i dnt see the question coz of panic :frown:. immediately the invigilator said 5 min left i started panicking. it was so bad if you asked me 2+2 i would knoe the the answer lool :frown:::s-smilie:
Reply 3043

Original post by gids
thanks for repling. aleast it wasnt for big marks coz i dnt see the question coz of panic :frown:. immediately the invigilator said 5 min left i started panicking. it was so bad if you asked me 2+2 i would knoe the the answer lool :frown:::s-smilie:

I was in such a rush that I was shaking and couldn't compose myself enough to find the front page of the exam to give it to the invigilator when he came over to collect them lool
Original post by smoozth
Can't believe this thread is still active :biggrin:

We want justice! It's the same with f215 bio paper lol still active even though it happened before this exam.
Is there a mock mark scheme on here anyway? :biggrin:
(would like to know the damage before results day :s-smilie: )
what do you reckon a 62% would be?
Reply 3047
Original post by wilsea05
but 3 people in my school achieved an A* in F324? that can't be right? :s-smilie: lol

sometimes the school will not claim the result such as if you were to retake it, it is less paperwork for the school. thats why most are done in june
wat do people thing 60 % ish would become in ums? Just curious...needed to do well in this for uni :s-smilie:
has anyone got the ofqual and OCR email addresses?

I've only just finished my exams, so i've only just got the time to complain
Reply 3050
How many UMS marks will I get out of 10-15 raw marks :sigh:?
Reply 3051
Ok so my tutor says the comment on magic tang mark was saying that low pH=sour or something to that effect, the mark is NOT for saying it will corrode the mouth. Also this paper was written 18 months ago and shall likely have a similar grade boundary to janurary as a result, because it was written to the same standard. Thats just a kind of non subjective thing to throw into ppl who are guessing the grade boundaries.
You cannot comment on grade boundaries as they depend on how will everyone does in the paper and this paper was much harder than january 2011.
^^ just my two pennys worth anyway
Reply 3054
Original post by haydyb123
To be honest Rosi, I don't particularly want to speculate on the answers because I could be entirely wrong, the reason I said the last one because it seemed to corroborate with a lot of my friends.

But yeah I'm glad, you know I said to myself if anyone gets an extra mark through my help than it will have been worthwhile, so thanks for telling me that, but I'm sure you would have had it on your own :smile:

I think I would like to do F324 just for fun, no revision, see what I get, but then I'd much rather finish my exams next WEDNESDAY! :biggrin:

Haha aww :smile:

You want to do it for fun? Seriously, sit my exam for me! Heehe which is your last exam? How did you do in F324 if you don't mind me asking? I remember asking you a 100 questions for that exam too! You really must enjoy chemistry and good at it.. doing it at uni :eek: Good luck with that! :smile: :tongue:
Anyone else sick and tired of people complaining or saying they're gonna complain about an exam?? It's almost as if they didn't expect an exam, that needs less than 60% of the marks to be an A, to be difficult. Nonsensical complaining reduces the impact of the students voice, so they become irrelevant or unimportant to the exam boards, so when real issues erises with a paper, the complaints of those students affected might get ignored.
Original post by Sereni
Ok so my tutor says the comment on magic tang mark was saying that low pH=sour or something to that effect, the mark is NOT for saying it will corrode the mouth.

Someone else said about how it won't be 25 degrees in the mouth, and so it'll dissociate more, which I think is more likely.
Reply 3057
Original post by rrahimer
Someone else said about how it won't be 25 degrees in the mouth, and so it'll dissociate more, which I think is more likely.

It is true that ph varies with temperature but not by a very large amount, and so i doubt that it matters, ill ask my tutor
This is officially the most viewed thread in the whole chemistry exams forum lol, over 100k views already!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by viksta1000
has anyone got the ofqual and OCR email addresses?

I've only just finished my exams, so i've only just got the time to complain

I emailed both, but OCR said I need to discuss it with the school, because they don't handle student feedback.

OFQUAL said:
Dear *******************

Thank you for your email of 15/06/2011. Your concerns have been recorded and we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Firstly any complaint of this nature needs to be addressed via your school or college direct to the awarding organisation, in this instance OCR. The awarding organisation has the responsibility to produce high quality and appropriately demanding examination papers. We require awarding organisations to handle any complaint relating to the qualifications they offer. Ofqual would only intervene if the awarding organisation failed to handle the issue effectively.

Ofqual has noted your concerns and assure you that we take issues of this nature very seriously. We have been in contact with the awarding organisation and we will monitor their handling of the issue closely over the coming weeks.

In the meantime if you have any further concerns I would advise you to direct them to your school or college so that they may bring them to attention of the relevant awarding organisation.

Yours sincerely

Ofqual Helpdesk
Customer Relations and Complaints Officer, Ofqual

Direct: 0300 303 3346 Office: 0300 303 3344
Spring Place, Coventry Business Park, Herald Avenue Coventry West Midlands CV5 6UB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending