The Student Room Group

Half-Turkish Society

Okay so I'm trying to prove people that are half Turkish are superiorly intelligent. I know many half turks including half German, English, Albanian, Greek (:eek:), Pakistani and Chinese. I myself am Half English/Half Turkish. Perhaps unlikely to get replies, but anyone else out there? And if so what's the other half?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol. Same as you mate, I'm half English, half Turkish... And I can also agree that "people that are half Turkish are superiorly intelligent"... :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by DylanLJG
Okay so I'm trying to prove people that are half Turkish are superiorly intelligent. I know many half turks including half German, English, Albanian, Greek (:eek:), Pakistani and Chinese. I myself am Half English/Half Turkish. Perhaps unlikely to get replies, but anyone else out there? And if so what's the other half?

the existence of this thread proves that they are not
Reply 3
:bump:
Reply 4
half turkish people can't speak turkish=))
Reply 5
I'm half Turkish/half English too - it's great! :smile:
Reply 6
What if you're half Turkish, quarter Kurdish and quarter Czechoslovak? :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by und
What if you're half Turkish, quarter Kurdish and quarter Czechoslovak? :tongue:

Now you're just showing off. :frown: That is an interesting combination though!
Reply 8
Original post by lNurl

Original post by lNurl
half turkish people can't speak turkish=))

That's so true! I know someone who's half-Turkish and half-French, and he doesn't know a word of Turkish! :shock:

Original post by ayseta
Now you're just showing off. :frown: That is an interesting combination though!

Showing off? A lot of people in Turkey hate Kurdish people!
Reply 9
Original post by und
That's so true! I know someone who's half-Turkish and half-French, and he doesn't know a word of Turkish! :shock:

Showing off? A lot of people in Turkey hate Kurdish people!

I was joking! That's just because of the issues regarding the freedom of Kurdistan... I won't pretend I know loads about it because I don't, but from what I've seen it's the terrorism that people hate, rather than Kurdish people in general.
Reply 10
Original post by ayseta

Original post by ayseta
I was joking! That's just because of the issues regarding the freedom of Kurdistan... I won't pretend I know loads about it because I don't, but from what I've seen it's the terrorism that people hate, rather than Kurdish people in general.

My parents can never stop talking about Erdogan this and Fethullah that! :lol: They were quite pissed off at the election results to say the least! :shock:

There are quite a lot of bigoted racists on both sides to be honest. Then there's the American-backed PKK (Kurdish rebel group) against the Turkish army. To be honest I don't know much about it either although most reasonable arguments are for a single-state solution...
Reply 11
Original post by und
My parents can never stop talking about Erdogan this and Fethullah that! :lol: They were quite pissed off at the election results to say the least! :shock:

There are quite a lot of bigoted racists on both sides to be honest. Then there's the American-backed PKK (Kurdish rebel group) against the Turkish army. To be honest I don't know much about it either although most reasonable arguments are for a single-state solution...

Ahh! I try to keep up with politics from the online newspapers although I haven't read much about the PKK for a while; it's mainly Syrian refugees at the minute. I only live with my mum (who's English) and my dad lives 3 hours away so it's hard for me to keep up to date with everything. I didn't realise that the PKK were backed by America though, isn't Ocalan in prison?
Reply 12
Original post by ayseta

Original post by ayseta
Ahh! I try to keep up with politics from the online newspapers although I haven't read much about the PKK for a while; it's mainly Syrian refugees at the minute. I only live with my mum (who's English) and my dad lives 3 hours away so it's hard for me to keep up to date with everything. I didn't realise that the PKK were backed by America though, isn't Ocalan in prison?

Yeah, but that doesn't mean much to be honest. The Americans are backing the creation of a Kurdish state (Kurdistan) in the Middle East including eastern Turkey, so that they can have their own 'puppet state' in the region.

I try to keep away from Turkish politics as much as I can (it's a bloody mess!) but you can't help overhearing stuff. :mad2:
Reply 13
I've never seen real turkish person in the england) at least in the area where i live=) they are all kurds...
Reply 14
Original post by lNurl

Original post by lNurl
I've never seen real turkish person in the england) at least in the area where i live=) they are all kurds...

:lol: Where I live it's most Turkish Cypriots!
Reply 15
Original post by und
:lol: Where I live it's most Turkish Cypriots!

London??))
Reply 16
Original post by lNurl

Original post by lNurl
London??))

North London. :wink:

Which part of the country were you talking about?
Reply 17
Original post by und
North London. :wink:

Which part of the country were you talking about?

Hampshire=)
Reply 18
Original post by lNurl

Original post by lNurl
Hampshire=)

I see. I can't really imagine Turkish people living there to be honest! :lol: Except I came across a kebab shop in a village in north Wales once! :rofl:
Reply 19
Original post by und
I see. I can't really imagine Turkish people living there to be honest! :lol: Except I came across a kebab shop in a village in north Wales once! :rofl:

ther is turkish people and kebab-shops in every little town, but when they start to talk almost directly asking what is my religion xD then saying that "they are kurds but this doesnt matters personality is more important" :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending