The Student Room Group

White people rule the world!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Addzter
Did Europeans really develop before everyone else? Why were the natives of the British Isles still a simple nomadic people who hadn't mastered farming at the same time that the Egyptians were building pyramids?

who developed the systems and the technology that accelerated human developement like never before? who created science and then turned it into a way of seeing the world? which other people managed to dominate the globe like the british?

there is far more in common between nations from the egyptians to the medieval period than there is between those of the medieval period and those around now. teh biggest changes in human life almost all emanated from the west or people living in westernised societies.
Reply 41
OP, do not get ahead of yourself.

The rise of the dolphins is nigh...
the west is the modern world. japan is now part of the western system as is china with its emerging capitalist model built on western industry and technology.

white people have fallen somewhat in stature since their attitude changed dramatically after world war 2. they became soft and naive and the work ethnic was destroyed as the welfare states took hold.
Reply 43
Original post by pol pot noodles
No it doesn't. They are more advanced in robotics, and that's about it. Remember, Gundam isn't real.

They've managed to deal with the earthquake/tsunami situation pretty well, or at least better than if the same happened in pretty much any other country.

I don't know of any white countries with buildings like this:

I doubt any other place (except China maybe, since they're developing so quickly) would be able to rebuild stuff like this either:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by No Man
They've managed to deal with the earthquake/tsunami situation pretty well, or at least better than if the same happened in pretty much any other country.

I doubt any other place (except China maybe, since they're developing so quickly) would be able to rebuild stuff like this either:

Spurned on by need. In Mexico there is a system of broadcast stations from the coast to Mexico city that transmit a warning for earthquakes. It gives around a 2 or 3 minute warning. Which is pretty impressive.

Fact is it has nothing to do with what colour they are or race, its because the alternative is death and destruction. Humans adapt pretty quick, this is just evidence of us as a species not what individual races can do.
Reply 45
OP = stupid.
Original post by No Man

Great, except that's an opinion with no basis, because no other western countries are as prone to earthquakes and tsunamis as Japan is and we have never seen how they would ever actually react to such a sitution.

Original post by No Man

I hate to break it to you, but earthquake resistant architecture was not a Japan invention nor is it a Japanese monopoly and is pretty prelevant in all American states that are prone to earthquakes.

Original post by No Man

You doubt? Well I don't. Good, that's sorted.
And how does that prove technological superiority, for example in say aerospace, defence, banking, finance, biotechnology, nuclear power, pharmaceuticals, retail, computers, nano-technology, science, arts, telecomunications, media, entertainment, chemicals etc. which the United States and Europe are all more advanced in?
Reply 47
You doubt? Well I don't. Good, that's sorted.
And how does that prove technological superiority, for example in say aerospace, defence, banking, finance, biotechnology, nuclear power, pharmaceuticals, retail, computers, nano-technology, science, arts, telecomunications, media, entertainment, chemicals etc. which the United States and Europe are all more advanced in?

I'm not saying America/Europe are incapable of building roads, but I doubt they'd repair it within 6 days. I've seen road construction in the UK and USA, and it would probably take about a month to repair that road.

Look at how much China has developed within the last 10 years.

The fact is, white people aren't the superior race. No race is superior.
In my opinion, the Western European culture became dominant because in the period between the Renaissance and the Industrial Revolution, as we bounded ahead of everybody else in terms of technology and political organization.

Before that we were no better than any other civilization, and today you can see it equaling out again.
Original post by No Man
I'm not saying America/Europe are incapable of building roads, but I doubt they'd repair it within 6 days. I've seen road construction in the UK and USA, and it would probably take about a month to repair that road.

Why would you doubt that? There is a difference between road construction and road repair after a major disaster. If a major section of infrastructure that was of economical importaince, for example the M25, was destroyed, I have no doubts at all that it would be repaired and fully operational in a matter of days.

Original post by No Man

Look at how much China has developed within the last 10 years.

So what? That doesn't stop China from being technologically inferior to the West with the GDP per capita barely one tenth of the United States.

Original post by No Man

The fact is, white people aren't the superior race. No race is superior.

I never said they were or that any race was. I merely commented on the fact that the idea that China and Japan are technologically advanced super gundam societies is a myth. The United States and Europe trumps Japan and China in almost all fields of technology.
I am happy white people rule the world. We should make a new world order called the 'United Kingdom of Whites (+non-white slaves who we use as fodder). It would propel development of technology forward by several hundreds of years.
Reply 51
No it doesn't. They are more advanced in robotics, and that's about it. Remember, Gundam isn't real.

Go to Japan when I went their I was blown away they had 3D cameras and so on when Europe was just starting to come out with 3D cinemas. Japan is miles further ahead if you ever go there you will understand their technological superiority.

Japan being more advanced than Europe and the UK is not a myth but a fact. Obviously not all areas of Japan are most advanced but areas like Tokyo are deffo further ahead.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by erklam
China is the future.

and india :wink:
Reply 53
if white people rule the world how come arabs are in charge of the most valuable resource on this planet. Without oil western infrastructure would crumble within days. So yes white people rule the world but only if the middle east lets them. Saudi arabia supplies 12% of the worlds oil and the middle east supplies the vast majority.
That may be the case now, and for the past 1000 or so years, but as has already been said many times we weren't the first, and we won't be the last. At this rate, with the European and American economies collapsing, and the Chinese and Indian economies growing at unprecedented rates along with their technological avdancements, in 50 years or so it won't be white people 'ruling the world'.
Reply 55
well white people ruled the first truly global empires but i think the next rulers will be the chinese. i am optimistic about indias growth but it is not organised on the same level as china so i do not think it will ever compete in term of its global reach.

already china is setting up the first posts of empire in africa as it builds infrastructure for its trade this is how all all empire is first established with trade agreements.

also, people must be aware that china has very strong nationalistic and racial streak about its population and it is almost all made up of han chinese people. this is potentially very dangerous because especially with a one party state.

everyone seems to forget the japanese racial supremacism in the first half of the 20th century was literally a mandated from their religion. they believed they were a divine and pure race from god. this type of racial supremacism is possible in china if the party wants to promote it because already the chinese have superior attitudes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Democracy
Well there you have it, Europeans haven't "developed" (certainly not biologically) before anyone else, it's simply that at this current juncture in history Western Europe and North America happen to be the dominant force in the world because we control the most amount of capital. Give it another few decades and perhaps we'll be superseded by China and India.

This is historically not a new concept, since empires have risen and fell for millenia, it's simply "our" turn now to flourish. 2000 years ago these selfsame "progressive" Europeans were simply an outpost of the Roman Empire....mere colonies.

Even Europe's rise is relatively recent and short lived when you compare the past 500 years to thousands of years of domination by the Egyptians, Persians and Chinese, Europe pales into insignificance.

I think you might find that the Roman Empire was considered European...
Original post by brobro
if white people rule the world how come arabs are in charge of the most valuable resource on this planet. Without oil western infrastructure would crumble within days. So yes white people rule the world but only if the middle east lets them. Saudi arabia supplies 12% of the worlds oil and the middle east supplies the vast majority.

You're completely deluded if you think the middle east "lets" the west rule the world. I think you'll find that if the middle east did stop supplying oil, the west would simply go in and take it.
India & China made some of the first great advancements in mathematics and science long before Europeans had done anything. The only reason they didn't progress at Europe's rate is because they didn't exploit other countries. For instance China was in Africa a long time before any European countries but all they did was take back a few animals. But when Europe go there they took everything they could get and exploited the hell out of them. Many other reasons too, but it's important to not that the east were ahead of the west at some point too...
Reply 59
Original post by dosvidaniya
India & China made some of the first great advancements in mathematics and science long before Europeans had done anything. The only reason they didn't progress at Europe's rate is because they didn't exploit other countries. For instance China was in Africa a long time before any European countries but all they did was take back a few animals. But when Europe go there they took everything they could get and exploited the hell out of them. Many other reasons too, but it's important to not that the east were ahead of the west at some point too...

sorry but have to challenge this vulgar marxism about exploitation. as a history student i know that all empires and without exception exploited their conquests it is not the cause of the progress it is the symptom of the conquests.

also, because greece is part of the west and so was rome the west just shifted into europe from the ancient world so to say the west was always behind is not true. it rose to prominence because of its massive technological advancements.

yes, thank you for bringing up indias contribution to mathematics. it annoys me when people attribute the concept of zero to islam for example. which was an indian concept.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending