The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tasneemo
Daaamn can't rep you :smile: but I believe you're looking for

that gif than never be overused <3

Teehee, NMTB :biggrin:

Anyway... looking at the poll I have no idea why Series 5 is so popular! It's nothing new compared to the other series, maybe a little more exciting. I don't like 11 as much because he seems so... OOC compared to the other doctors. They had a lot more morals, it seemed. Thinking to the most recent episode, he blew up a whole ship of Cybermen to prove a point... Granted he's daring like that, but still... once, he would have cared more about committing 'genocide'.

So Amy/Rory are leaving as companions this Series... Good riddance for Amy, she's so annoying. She's married (!) and constantly flirting with the Doctor (in front of her daughter too, how embarassing :wink:). Rory I liked, but it's time for a change.
Reply 5641
its not really genocide he didn't try to kill all of the cybermen he blew up some of them
Reply 5642
oh i dont want amy and rory to leave! :frown:
Original post by boba
its not really genocide he didn't try to kill all of the cybermen he blew up some of them

Genocide: "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group".

The only reason I'm using this term is because 10 was always dead set against it. Remember when he exiled his clone/Handy on the alternate universe because he killed those Daleks?

On another note... Tennant, Peter Davison, Billie Piper, Churchill and everyone awesome is coming back in the series finale ~ !
Original post by boba

It's not genocide, correct, but he still blew up quite a lot of them.
Original post by punctuation

On another note... Tennant, Peter Davison, Billie Piper, Churchill and everyone awesome is coming back in the series finale ~ !

If this is true:

Meh (I don't see why they have to do that, Tennant's gone, fangirls should get over it :colonhash:), interesting (he's my favourite Old Who Doctor :biggrin:), god no (can't Rose just stay away, she's got Human!Ten, she doesn't need to keep coming back :mad:), yay (can never have too much of him :biggrin:).
Original post by Tasneemo
Daaamn can't rep you :smile: but I believe you're looking for

that gif than never be overused <3

Thanks anyway :biggrin: haha yeah, I was too lazy to find it on my computer

Tee hee :love:
on there facebook page, dw gave a hint for after the break saying that theres 11 of em..
how do u guys interpret that?? :P
Genocide: &quot;the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group&quot;.

The only reason I'm using this term is because 10 was always dead set against it. Remember when he exiled his clone/Handy on the alternate universe because he killed those Daleks?

Where did you hear this?
Original post by Colonel.
Where did you hear this?

Churchill's definitely coming back as I've seen it numerous times on DW websites etc...but as for the others...Maybe people are believing IMDB too much (I know that keeps saying Tennant's going to appear.... :holmes:)
Original post by Stargatecrazy
Churchill's definitely coming back as I've seen it numerous times on DW websites etc...but as for the others...Maybe people are believing IMDB too much (I know that keeps saying Tennant's going to appear.... :holmes:)

Churchill can always come back. It's pretty easy. The others are harder, not only due to plot, but due to money.

However, wait until 2013 for more than one Doctor in an episode...
Original post by Stargatecrazy

I know Billie Piper has been confirmed to return Series 6. I also know that Tennant was to appear onscreen with Matt Smith at some point (he let it slip in an interview). Not sure about Davison, but I hope that's true!
To see Matt Smith and David Tennant together, so early in Matt Smith's tenure, would be a bit jarring to me.
Original post by Colonel.
To see Matt Smith and David Tennant together, so early in Matt Smith's tenure, would be a bit jarring to me.

Really? Why is that?
Really? Why is that?

I don't feel Matt Smith has established himself enough to have another Doctor coming in. I would say the same with Ecclestone appearing in Tennant's era, unless it was in Series 4/the specials.
I know Billie Piper has been confirmed to return Series 6. I also know that Tennant was to appear onscreen with Matt Smith at some point (he let it slip in an interview). Not sure about Davison, but I hope that's true!

Oh god no :s-smilie: I'm not saying I hated Rose because I didn't (I didn't *like* her much though)...but she's gone...and come back...and gone too many times now. Can't they just end the Rose story line?!

I think it'll ruin Matt Smith's Doctor if Rose and/or Ten make an appearance (ooh, if Tennant is coming back, maybe it's Human!Ten with Rose...)

Source?

Also, for everyone else, anything you read on IMDB is most probably a lie.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Rose isn't coming back. Moffat did say that there would be a reference to Rose in episode 13. But that's all. A line of dialogue.

The IMDB entries, like LLoT just said, are fake. Tennant and Davidson are not returning this series.

Right, okay, maybe I read incorrectly, then. That's a disappointment.
It really isn't. We might as well bring everybody back.

I miss that Roman played by Capaldi, where's he these days? Probably knows Rory :awesome:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Haven't posted an image in a while but just seen this and by god, it's worth posting...

You're the third person to post it :teehee:

Anyway, in Doctor Who news, more stuff has come out re: the schedule movement next year. I actually am not so annoyed by it now. The logic behind it seems sound enough, and people wont need to shout about how the Summer weather is ruining the ratings. I'd also like to be able to snuggle up in a duvet and watch Doctor Who in the cold, so I'm fine with the move. Sure, the extra long wait to get the new cycle started will be annoying (and there will be no Christmas special between series, instead being between the two halves, so nothing to bridge the series gap) but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Although it screams of being more americanised in terms of scheduling, but will hopefully mean more new drama for the Summer months from the beeb.

Latest