Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Sandby Hall 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nbagnall
Hey :smile:

ah sweet, so we've just gotta find everyone else!

Where are you from?

Are you looking forward to it?

x

I've found a few on here and yougo.
I'm from Doncaster, you?
Yes I can't wait!! I did a foundation year so I'm well overdue going to uni. Really excited. Are you?
X
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by babelicious_1986
The SU is getting demolished around January time to start building a new one, plans are trying to be set up for someone else to take over climax at a venue within the city centre from what i've heard about so far. But as of January you won't have the student union as a building if not before, depending on when they move them out.

But you will get a Wetherspoons open at the corner of Peel Street by the time you all start

It says on the website that there will be work on Sandby. Does this mean we will have to move out or anything? X
Original post by livwilliams1991
It says on the website that there will be work on Sandby. Does this mean we will have to move out or anything? X

Sorry I have no idea on that, possibly not but given that I don't know what the work will be, and how serious it is likely to be I can't say if you will or not but if you do get the results and definetly attend NTU then you should know upon moving in.

Work will have to be done on Sandby as this years freshers trashed the place on Friday night (i think), after drink the bar dry i do believe. Probably had one to many! Don't worry, your rent will not be increased i don't think as it shouldn't effect new freshers next year. Theres a few grands worth of damage that was done, 14 fire alarms, 10 fire estinguishers, 26 smashed lights and countless amounts other damage happened. This will happen over the summer to ensure Sandby halls are up and running for freshers starting on October

Hope this has helped
Reply 144
I've found a few on here and yougo.
I'm from Doncaster, you?
Yes I can't wait!! I did a foundation year so I'm well overdue going to uni. Really excited. Are you?
X

I'm from Doncaster aswell... weird!

Where abouts in Doncaster are you from?

I did a foundation aswell but then i actually went to a different uni for a couple of months but didn't like the course so i'm bloody overdue aswell :wink:

Roll on Sept/Oct.
Reply 145
I'm doing graphic design, you? And where you coming from? X

ooh cool im doing fashion communication and promotion! Liverpool :-) how about you?:smile:
Reply 146
Hiya everyone!
i currently live at sandby 3rd floor room 326, so any questions regarding the layout or anything id be happy to answer.

sandby is a brilliant place to live, bar the fact the fire alarms go off 24/7.
The security dont allow oyur friends to stay for more then 2 nights a week. (Every week i'm sneaking my boyfriend in the building)
There was alot of damage done to sandby this year by current students, and we are all automatically loseing our deposits and having to pay more to fix it.
It happens every year apparently.
so be prepared to pay out more dosh at the end of the year.
Also the showers always block and no one fixes them on time, if they fix them at all.

dont mean to put a bad tone to this chat, but felt you all needed to know the truth.
otherwise sandby is brilliant, and i hope everyone enjoys it.
Reply 147
Original post by a.wadeson2905
Work will have to be done on Sandby as this years freshers trashed the place on Friday night (i think), after drink the bar dry i do believe. Probably had one to many! Don't worry, your rent will not be increased i don't think as it shouldn't effect new freshers next year. Theres a few grands worth of damage that was done, 14 fire alarms, 10 fire estinguishers, 26 smashed lights and countless amounts other damage happened. This will happen over the summer to ensure Sandby halls are up and running for freshers starting on October

Hope this has helped

your 100% right, all the current students now are paying for the damage, it was over £12 grands worth! haha
it apparently happens every year so expect the same next year with you.
We all lost our deposit and then have to pay more, possibly up too £100 extra each.
its bull****.
Reply 148
Original post by fayeface
your 100% right, all the current students now are paying for the damage, it was over £12 grands worth! haha
We all lost our deposit and then have to pay more, possibly up too £100 extra each.
its bull****.

Cant you just refuse to pay :confused: :tongue:

Also, I was wondering to people from different floors chill in other ppl's common rooms , so do like ppl from floor 2 chill in the floor 1 common room etc? thanks :smile:
Reply 149
Original post by vn2009
Cant you just refuse to pay :confused: :tongue:

Also, I was wondering to people from different floors chill in other ppl's common rooms , so do like ppl from floor 2 chill in the floor 1 common room etc? thanks :smile:

If we refuse to pay we cant start 2nd year, because its illegal to start uni with a debt like that :| so we all have to pay!
its so stupidly lame. Im also no doubt getting charged for my damaged carpet even though I told them about it and they never fixed it for the whole year.
Its pretty badly organised.

And people mix on other floors in freshers, but you make the best friends in your corridors so you tend to just chill with them. depends on the people really.
Reply 150
If we refuse to pay we cant start 2nd year, because its illegal to start uni with a debt like that :| so we all have to pay!
its so stupidly lame. Im also no doubt getting charged for my damaged carpet even though I told them about it and they never fixed it for the whole year.
Its pretty badly organised.

And people mix on other floors in freshers, but you make the best friends in your corridors so you tend to just chill with them. depends on the people really.

Thats out of order tho. Esp if you werent the one who damaged the property.

Cool thanks for the info :smile:

What's the kitchen like too. Is it mad sharing with so many ppl?
its bull****.

Oooh no i'm already at trent going into my 2nd year in september. I just know my mate was complaining about it how its not fair on all the other students that havent done anything! Its so stupid...but then again, they should own up to who wrecked the place
Reply 152
am i **** paying if people wreck the place, wish i knew this before id booked it!
Original post by jh27
am i **** paying if people wreck the place, wish i knew this before id booked it!

Take it your going to be a fresher next year. Don't worry, as soon as you finish your exams, sign out at reception, this way you doin't have to pay for anythign as you signed out of the accommodation before all this happened. I know a friend of mine that signed out before it happened and shes fine because she wasn't there but my mate still stayed there and shes got to pay, though she did nothing.
Reply 154
Anyone starting Interior Architecture??

I'm Steph and I've just finished my 1st year at NTU doing this course and my year have basically decided to set up a society that I'll be president of aimed at helping all you freshers doing this course (and similar ones) cos we know how daunting/confusing it all is and we wished we had students that could've given us some guidance especially in 1st term! we're gunna set up a group on facebook and all that stuff over summer but for now feel free to add me on facebook 'Steph Singer' if you have any questions

(also i lived in Sandby last year and loved every minute of it so if you have questions about that too, ask away :])
Original post by Nbagnall
I'm from Doncaster aswell... weird!

Where abouts in Doncaster are you from?

I did a foundation aswell but then i actually went to a different uni for a couple of months but didn't like the course so i'm bloody overdue aswell :wink:

Roll on Sept/Oct.

Whaaa that is weird! Did you do your foundation at donny?
I'm from dunsville, near Hatfield, you?
X
Original post by mac'x
ooh cool im doing fashion communication and promotion! Liverpool :-) how about you?:smile:

Cool :smile: I'm from Doncaster, I love Liverpool! I would live at the Tate if I could get away with it :P x
Original post by a.wadeson2905

Hope this has helped

Ye that's stopped me worrying slightly lol thanks x
Reply 158
Cool :smile: I'm from Doncaster, I love Liverpool! I would live at the Tate if I could get away with it :P x

good! I am worried about the scouser jokes even though im from like half an hour away haha! Ohh thats where ive spend a few rainy afternoons! :-)
Original post by Emzy
Cool, I'm doing psychology. Are you on the sandby freshers group on facebook? x

sorry! have only just seen this, yeah i am :smile: Shona Woodhead, are you? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending