The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twelve
Well I was looking for something to do for my residential for DofE, then found the link to the Sense holidays on their website and that was it. I just HAD to do it. You should definately do it next year (I haven't even been, but I'm already so excited haha) - you don't have to know sign language or anything, its really good.

Hahaha, well I am a lightweight. But before I went out, I had a couple of glasses of wine and a bottle of arcchers or something like that. Then someone bought me a vodka and coke when I was out, and then a jagerbomb, and then I bought a pitcher for a fiver, and then someone bought me a shot, and I think I kept stealing bits of other peoples drinks for the rest of the night. And the taxi was a fiver each :smile:

So basically you managed it because you only bought one drink :tongue:

You got skills :cool:
Reply 2501
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
So basically you managed it because you only bought one drink :tongue:

You got skills :cool:

Hahaha, thats the best way to do it thoughhh. If people keep offering drinks, I'm just going to say yes :biggrin:
Reply 2502
Original post by twelve
Hahaha, thats the best way to do it thoughhh. If people keep offering drinks, I'm just going to say yes :biggrin:

Can i buy you a drink? :tongue:

had a funny day at work today, with a confused resident firing me cos believed we were both security guards and she happened to be my boss
Original post by twelve

You do understand there motive though? :wink:

I'll buy you a drink...... of good ole' H20 with some 6-(2-fluorophenyl)-2-methyl-9-nitro-2,5-diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undeca-5,8,10,12-tetraen-3-one in it :ninja:
Original post by dmz

had a funny day at work today, with a confused resident firing me cos believed we were both security guards and she happened to be my boss

You got fired? :lolwut:
Reply 2504

I'll buy you a drink...... of good ole' H20 with some 6-(2-fluorophenyl)-2-methyl-9-nitro-2,5-diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undeca-5,8,10,12-tetraen-3-one in it :ninja:

that chemistry made me drunk. Lol

not exactly, read my last fb status. Just a confused resident lol

Original post by dmz
that chemistry made me drunk. Lol

not exactly, read my last fb status. Just a confused resident lol

:lol:

Makes sense now, almost makes the job enjoyable eh :colone:
Reply 2506
:lol:

Makes sense now, almost makes the job enjoyable eh :colone:

lol the little perks of the job after enduring carers bitch about each other all day long
Original post by dmz
lol the little perks of the job after enduring carers bitch about each other all day long

:rofl3:
Reply 2508
Original post by dmz

Of course! :smile:

Haha, I understand the motive, but nobody said I have to agree with it. Like some guy last night - 'you've got to give me a kiss, cause this girl did...' and I said, 'No, I don't have to kiss you. I don't want to kiss you :smile:'

So you get the drink, then leave. JUST SAY NO GIRLS! :biggrin:

And heyy, is that poison or something? :puppyeyes:
Original post by twelve
Well I was looking for something to do for my residential for DofE, then found the link to the Sense holidays on their website and that was it. I just HAD to do it. You should definately do it next year (I haven't even been, but I'm already so excited haha) - you don't have to know sign language or anything, its really good.

Awesomes :smile: I just read through some of the stuff about it and it does actually sound pretty good! I wish I knew of this before hand" Quick question, does it cost anything? I'm going to Namibia to do some work for a few weeks at end of this month (eeeeeek!) but have had to raise absolutely loads, not sure my parents would be able to cope if I did something else that costed a bomb lol I think I will actually apply for it next year :smile: Good luck with it and let me know how it goes :biggrin:
Reply 2510
Original post by Quackers93
Awesomes :smile: I just read through some of the stuff about it and it does actually sound pretty good! I wish I knew of this before hand" Quick question, does it cost anything? I'm going to Namibia to do some work for a few weeks at end of this month (eeeeeek!) but have had to raise absolutely loads, not sure my parents would be able to cope if I did something else that costed a bomb lol I think I will actually apply for it next year :smile: Good luck with it and let me know how it goes :biggrin:

Nope, absolutely free. Thats why its soo good. I'm hoping after this I might be able to get involved with some of the other events they do, but I'm going to see how it goes first :smile: You can claim expenses for travel etc, but I'm not going to. I don't need to claim, so it seems a bit cheap to be asking for money off them...
Original post by twelve

Haha, I understand the motive, but nobody said I have to agree with it. Like some guy last night - 'you've got to give me a kiss, cause this girl did...' and I said, 'No, I don't have to kiss you. I don't want to kiss you :smile:'

na, don't worry, you just won't remember much of that night...
Original post by twelve
Nope, absolutely free. Thats why its soo good. I'm hoping after this I might be able to get involved with some of the other events they do, but I'm going to see how it goes first :smile: You can claim expenses for travel etc, but I'm not going to. I don't need to claim, so it seems a bit cheap to be asking for money off them...

Ah niceeeeeeeeeeee sign me up! lol I'm tempted to ring them up and see if theres a slim chance I could get on one this year. Probably very unlikely but hey, its worth a shot :smile:
Original post by futuredoc77
:rofl3:

That post got negged :curious:

And it's Ich's bday?? :woo:
Original post by twelve

:lol: Smooth line there by the guy, hey kiss me cos she did :rofl2:
I get the feeling a bit of penguin flirting would work on you :hubba:

Everything's a poison when you use enough of it :ninja:

It's flunitrazepam :fyi:
Better known as rohypnol :colone:
Reply 2514
Original post by Quackers93
Ah niceeeeeeeeeeee sign me up! lol I'm tempted to ring them up and see if theres a slim chance I could get on one this year. Probably very unlikely but hey, its worth a shot :smile:

Noo, I'd have thought there's a chance! You have missed the training day, but you might still be able to do it :smile: They basically gave us a MASSIVE book of information, and talked through a lot of it. So I'm sure reading that would be sufficient :smile:

Good luck, hope you get on it!

:lol: Smooth line there by the guy, hey kiss me cos she did :rofl2:
I get the feeling a bit of penguin flirting would work on you :hubba:

Everything's a poison when you use enough of it :ninja:

It's flunitrazepam :fyi:
Better known as rohypnol :colone:

Hahaha, well when I visit you in Barts, you can try it out. BUT NO DATE RAPE
Original post by twelve
Noo, I'd have thought there's a chance! You have missed the training day, but you might still be able to do it :smile: They basically gave us a MASSIVE book of information, and talked through a lot of it. So I'm sure reading that would be sufficient :smile:

Good luck, hope you get on it!

Hahaha, well when I visit you in Barts, you can try it out. BUT NO DATE RAPE

Haha that has to be the best quote I've made in aaaaaaagggeeesss... and I promise no date rape :h:

You better visit me at BATL then :colone:
That post got negged :curious:

And it's Ich's bday?? :woo:

I know :nothing:

Some people oldbatty don't like it when you laugh at something that's supposed to be funny :lolwut:

It is indeed :ahee: He's officially 17 that one :flutter:
Original post by futuredoc77
I know :nothing:

Some people oldbatty don't like it when you laugh at something that's supposed to be funny :lolwut:

It is indeed :ahee: He's officially 17 that one :flutter:

Don't feel any shame exposing neg-reppers :colone:

And I shall have to wish him happy birthday :yep:
Don't feel any shame exposing neg-reppers :colone:

And I shall have to wish him happy birthday :yep:

They make you become a rep-whore :dry:

I could've gotten revenge on him, but I let it go... cause I'm just that nice :proud:

You may :yep:
Original post by Tobia_s
:ahee: yeah that question did a lot of people in. I barely managed to figure it out in time. For some reason my over-stressed brain failed to register that the number 2960 falls in between the range 2500-3300 :rolleyes: You were able to figure out that the isomer was a carboxylic acid though?

Want an A* as well :daydreaming: not taking any chances with unit 5. And I really suck at the first topic (redox) :sad:

Haha I don't do maths. Do psychology instead :s-smilie: looking back now; maths might have been a better option hmph

Good luck with c4 :smile:

Omgosh so did i! it takes me ages to find anything in that data booklet they should really just cut and paste the info you need on the page..
I scribbled down a carboxylic acid in the last 5 seconds of the exam but i doubt it was the right one..
Ah well i'm willing to compromise chem to an A if i get 2A*s in maths and chemistry :rolleyes:

You should've! Maths is so easy once it clicks. The problem is when..
I spent a year thinking i should have taken physics (cos my school thought in their wisdom we should do m1 instead of s2 - which is supposedly easier than s1)
Then it clicked like a few days before the exam so i got some mad practice in and then ended up with a 95 - my best maths result in a module i hated (got an E in the mock haha)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending