The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by yasmin-alica
It's mad! Do we actually have to know all the studies in detail and key issues as we knew them from the previous approaches?! Way too much info if we do :eek: I have a specification but it doesn't specify how many marks worth of info we need for all of it so i don't know whether to learn them briefly or overload my brain with all of it ha. Anyone else wondering the same? X

This is what I remember from teacher - but don't quote me on it!

Research methods: 2 - 6 marks per Q
might be... describe and evaluate a field study

Ethics: 6 marks if it just on human/animal ethical guidelines, up to 18 if it focuses on one topic

Key Issue/Debates/Contributions: could be the 12/18marks

Then the plan a study won't be more than 12
Reply 221
Original post by lozzyhickers

Original post by lozzyhickers
I'm just reading over my notes and spider diagrams really

So, how did people find the exam? Not too bad eh?!

I think I may have just scraped an A, but I lost a lot of marks through misreading the very poorly written question for the Criminology section.
Original post by El_Sid
I think I may have just scraped an A, but I lost a lot of marks through misreading the very poorly written question for the Criminology section.

Was this the one about media violence? My friend found that question a little off-putting but I didn't mind, the last question on child annoyed me.
Reply 223
People here doing Clinical and key issues? I'm on an A (got 92, 90 and 83 or something % in the 3 previous units) and I've not yet started revising (exam Tues). I've got 2 other exams on Monday and I'm wondering will I be ok starting day before on Monday and still doing well? Not like I've got much more time anyway but if its not possible to go over it all in 8 hours or so i'll start tomorrow instead? I need an A overall but can probably get a C or B and still get A? Thanks
Reply 224
Original post by Limeey

Original post by Limeey
People here doing Clinical and key issues? I'm on an A (got 92, 90 and 83 or something % in the 3 previous units) and I've not yet started revising (exam Tues). I've got 2 other exams on Monday and I'm wondering will I be ok starting day before on Monday and still doing well? Not like I've got much more time anyway but if its not possible to go over it all in 8 hours or so i'll start tomorrow instead? I need an A overall but can probably get a C or B and still get A? Thanks

If those numbers you gave me are correct you'll need... 60%, so an exact C.
Reply 225
Original post by briesandwich
Was this the one about media violence? My friend found that question a little off-putting but I didn't mind, the last question on child annoyed me.

What did you write for the essay question on child if you dont mind me asking..i'm not sure if I did mine correctly, that's why :frown:
Reply 226
Original post by pixiebot
the plan a study won't be more than 12

How would you answer that? I always find it hard to make up studies on the spot. If this comes up i am doomed!
Reply 227
I think I love you guys. :')
Reply 228
Original post by Z116
How would you answer that? I always find it hard to make up studies on the spot. If this comes up i am doomed!

I think it's likely that a plan a study question won't come up cus it came up as an essay question last June, BUT don't take my word for it. I'm not gonna bother revising that part.
Reply 229
HIE! so ya'll are like awesome with your notes and reading about how alot are still cramming in over the wkend makes me feel way less panicky XD

Aanyway, does anyone have last year's psych unit 4 June paper? Could someone upload it? I couldn't find it anywhere online..I also couldn't find the specimen paper by Edexcel so I would be like 100x grateful if someone could share that too =s

It's just that I take chem and bio and maths besides psych and you know, theres like a million past papers for each and like a million more practice questions and stuff and I havn't done any for psych unit4 and its making me super scared its like walking into the exam hall naked @.@ lol....

Okay! so i've found both with mark schemes >

sample paper
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/sam-gce-psychology.pdf

June 2010 paper
http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/psych/Pages/default.aspx

But for the June paper you need to have an edexcel username and password and I can't remember mine and I can't retrieve it and it locks down after 5 attempts of logging in so could someone please log in, download the qs paper and mark scheme and please please share it here XD
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ritzpreet
HIE! so ya'll are like awesome with your notes and reading about how alot are still cramming in over the wkend makes me feel way less panicky XD

Aanyway, does anyone have last year's psych unit 4 June paper? Could someone upload it? I couldn't find it anywhere online..I also couldn't find the specimen paper by Edexcel so I would be like 100x grateful if someone could share that too =s

It's just that I take chem and bio and maths besides psych and you know, theres like a million past papers for each and like a million more practice questions and stuff and I havn't done any for psych unit4 and its making me super scared its like walking into the exam hall naked @.@ lol....

I have links to the unit 4 past paper on a previous page. :smile:
Reply 231
I have links to the unit 4 past paper on a previous page. :smile:

hey it says I have to log in and there's no sign up page =s O_o Its the Pennystone Grammar School website right? Maybe it's cause i'm like..in Malaysia. Owh god I must sound annoying but i cant get iiittt =,(
hey it says I have to log in and there's no sign up page =s O_o Its the Pennystone Grammar School website right? Maybe it's cause i'm like..in Malaysia. Owh god I must sound annoying but i cant get iiittt =,(

In that case I will attach the papers to a post when I get onto my computer. :smile: You'll have to be patient whilst I finish my breakfast I'm afraid. :tongue:
Reply 233
In that case I will attach the papers to a post when I get onto my computer. :smile: You'll have to be patient whilst I finish my breakfast I'm afraid. :tongue:

*bows down to you* I'm the most patient person you will ever meet. THANK YOU SO MUCH :biggrin::elefant:
Reply 234
Original post by Z116

Good question! They tend to give you the aim so I would turn that into my hypothesis, then it will give you a choice between three research methods and then you just have to explain how you'd do it and why you were do it that way.

e.g I would do a lab exp because it has controls and this will increase reliability and validity.

Our mock Q was something along the lines of
"You want to conduct a study into most effective way of revising - cramming or long term revision. Explain how you would research this using either a lab exp, a field exp or a field study and evaluate your choices"
Reply 235

I read this as you were putting them in the post, as in a big envelope and posting them. I was like wow, dedication.
Original post by pixiebot
I read this as you were putting them in the post, as in a big envelope and posting them. I was like wow, dedication.

Hahaha, unless I train a high-speed carrier pigeon to deliver it, I don't think it would arrive in time. :tongue:

*bows down to you* I'm the most patient person you will ever meet. THANK YOU SO MUCH :biggrin::elefant:

Attached is the unit 4 2010 paper, along with the mark scheme. :biggrin: Enjoy!
Original post by Nadima
What did you write for the essay question on child if you dont mind me asking..i'm not sure if I did mine correctly, that's why :frown:

Don't worry about it. :smile: I'm just as unsure about my answer tbh, so I tried to cover everything. :biggrin: I talked about the secure attachment, how it was most popular, how the child would react in the different stages of the strange situation. Then when t why we do them (cultural studies I said about why we do them (understanding cultural differences with child-rearing, investigating universal behaviour, the nature/nurture debate) and then wrote in detail about Germany and Israel attachment types, with percentages of their most common and elements of their society which may lead to those attachment types. :smile:
Does anyone have any idea on what will come up? I've just started revision today as I have so many, more important exams :frown: Well looking at the last paper, I'm assuming this one is going to be mainly about depression? What are the chances of schizoprenia coming up again? Seems unlikely.

Thanks
Also, you don't have to name studies in evaluation do you? I think my teacher said you didn't, and you simple say, "One study suggests..."

Thanks again :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending