The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by safwaansh
i was predicting borderline c/d so you've been quite generous!

i'm sure i got full nine marks for the one on nature of sleep. i did that one in alot of details.

i mentioned two names for the bio rhythms. i admit evaluation could be better.

by main concern is that by the end i was following no such essay structure and my spelling and handwriting was disgraceful. will this knock down a lot of marks?

Do you get knocked down for this because i was totally running out of time and my handwriting suffered the consequences :frown: ended up with a claw at the end of the exam.
Original post by Becky_1993
Do you get knocked down for this because i was totally running out of time and my handwriting suffered the consequences :frown: ended up with a claw at the end of the exam.

i was predicting borderline c/d so you've been quite generous!

i'm sure i got full nine marks for the one on nature of sleep. i did that one in alot of details.

i mentioned two names for the bio rhythms. i admit evaluation could be better.

by main concern is that by the end i was following no such essay structure and my spelling and handwriting was disgraceful. will this knock down a lot of marks?

You will get marked down for having poor essay structure, it's not so much they deduct marks, you just don't gain any for quality of written communication. As I said before, it does depend how you communicate your ideas and how in depth. As long as they can read what you write then that's fine, handwriting isn't marked upon, however, if they cannot read it, though most markers are pretty good at it, you will not gain any marks for the ideas in which you wrote. Names are important, so of course you won't gain as many marks in that field...
Original post by RobertWhite
You will get marked down for having poor essay structure, it's not so much they deduct marks, you just don't gain any for quality of written communication. As I said before, it does depend how you communicate your ideas and how in depth. As long as they can read what you write then that's fine, handwriting isn't marked upon, however, if they cannot read it, though most markers are pretty good at it, you will not gain any marks for the ideas in which you wrote. Names are important, so of course you won't gain as many marks in that field...

sleep - three names
aggression - two names
gender - two names

i know its not much but i hope it gets me some marks
Original post by Noodlzzz
Aha sounds awesome thank you :smile:

I almost forgot I had your email address. I just sent through the stuff, hope it's relevant!
sleep - three names
aggression - two names
gender - two names

I got told names don't matter & to just write "A psychologist..." ohh dear.

sleep - three names
aggression - two names
gender - two names

Unforunately you need names to get the highest marks. They aren't massively important but it is worth remembering. If you only need a C Saf, don't worry because I think you almost definitely have it.
Original post by RobertWhite
Unforunately you need names to get the highest marks. They aren't massively important but it is worth remembering. If you only need a C Saf, don't worry because I think you almost definitely have it.

it really depends on how well i do next week is PSYA4. i got 179 UMS last year so i've been aiming for an A. i'm worried i've done so badly in this exam that i can't make up the marks in the next exam to average out an A
it really depends on how well i do next week is PSYA4. i got 179 UMS last year so i've been aiming for an A. i'm worried i've done so badly in this exam that i can't make up the marks in the next exam to average out an A

Don't worry about it, I don't think you've done badly. Grade boundaries are low in Psychology and from what I saw you had a good essay. Just focus on your next exam, you can do it!
Original post by Withering Wind
Oh great, that was my best topic as well. They really need to make it obvious with the wording of the question, by just putting the word 'evaluate' in the question. Plus the question was something like 'Discuss consequences in the disruption of biological rhythms' (Don't know if that is the exact wording). I don't really see how this question clearly highlights A02/3 points being needed, when it seems to me they are indicated for you to discuss the A01. But yes probably did it wrong, good for you though, help bring the grade boundaries down. :tongue:

To be honest though - Discuss means compare and contrast. So compare and contrast the consequences. To do so you must use studies... it does make sense really :/
Original post by Stephhcharlene
To be honest though - Discuss means compare and contrast. So compare and contrast the consequences. To do so you must use studies... it does make sense really :/

Sorry to interupt :redface:

But may I ask what you put for the question on sleep?
The second part...I know it does not really matter but I dont know whether I did it right or not, I did jet lag, shift work and sleep deprivation.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble!
Reply 1750
Original post by TheRockMaster

Sorry to interupt :redface:

But may I ask what you put for the question on sleep?
The second part...I know it does not really matter but I dont know whether I did it right or not, I did jet lag, shift work and sleep deprivation.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble!

hey I put all of the above for the sleep question too! but I had no idea I had evaluate it :/ because it said consider the consequences so hmm :/
Original post by MVD_02
hey I put all of the above for the sleep question too! but I had no idea I had evaluate it :/ because it said consider the consequences so hmm :/

Yeah, I did not think I had too but I did anyway...not alot just what I could remember because when I saw the question I was like??? then slowly it came to me.

Silly question but are you Indian? (me too if you are..hello :smile: )
Reply 1752

Yeah, I did not think I had too but I did anyway...not alot just what I could remember because when I saw the question I was like??? then slowly it came to me.

Silly question but are you Indian? (me too if you are..hello :smile: )

lool i feel so dumb now that I didn't evaluate it because I did know the evaluation points :frown::frown: but tbh I hope we're right in that it was AO1 but majority say its not lool!

haha yeah I am :smile: heeey xD
Original post by MVD_02
lool i feel so dumb now that I didn't evaluate it because I did know the evaluation points :frown::frown: but tbh I hope we're right in that it was AO1 but majority say its not lool!

haha yeah I am :smile: heeey xD

Well at least we will get 60% of the marks guaranteed :smile: Then we shall leave it to luck!

What other topics did you do?
Reply 1754

Well at least we will get 60% of the marks guaranteed :smile: Then we shall leave it to luck!

What other topics did you do?

ah I guess so ey!

I did aggression and eating behaviour :smile: and you?
Original post by MVD_02
ah I guess so ey!

I did aggression and eating behaviour :smile: and you?

Relationships and Eating behaviour...
How did the EB one go for you then? I think I did ok, kinda missed out preference for salt and pregnancy avoidance foods and some A02 and 3 evaluations on the second part but it was kind of an easy one, did not revise but because it was a retake it made a little sense lol. What did you do for the five marker. I did sexual development- psychodynamic. Could not think of anything alse apart from struggle for self autonomy???
Reply 1756

Relationships and Eating behaviour...
How did the EB one go for you then? I think I did ok, kinda missed out preference for salt and pregnancy avoidance foods and some A02 and 3 evaluations on the second part but it was kind of an easy one, did not revise but because it was a retake it made a little sense lol. What did you do for the five marker. I did sexual development- psychodynamic. Could not think of anything alse apart from struggle for self autonomy???

I found the 20 marker amazing LOL I did like 3 and a half pages!! :smile: BUT OMG I left the 5 marker, my mind went blank and I didn't know what to write lool hmm not a smart move :/
Reply 1757
okay so guys I think for schiz its gnna be biological explanations and possibly a small mark question on treatments? and for media, I think cognitive dissonance/self perception, intense fandom and evol explanations of attraction to a celeb? anyone agree? well dunno if all three will come up but out of them three!

names don't matter! It's what they've done which counts.
Original post by MVD_02
okay so guys I think for schiz its gnna be biological explanations and possibly a small mark question on treatments? and for media, I think cognitive dissonance/self perception, intense fandom and evol explanations of attraction to a celeb? anyone agree? well dunno if all three will come up but out of them three!

I have a really strong feeling something biological is going to come up! Hopefully explanations! I predict the same things!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending