The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
Original post by harleyceverett88

I have a really strong feeling something biological is going to come up! Hopefully explanations! I predict the same things!!

yeah me too!! whether it be explanations or treatments (im so hoping its explanation)! but yeah im tryna revise now, media sucks!:| hows your revision going?
Erm, it's getting there. Out of the 13 topics, I know 3 off by heart, but I only started two days a go! and gone through all the rest, so hopefully everything will be fine :smile: How are you doing?

Specifically I predict: Biological therapies and intense fandom to come up!!
Reply 1762

Erm, it's getting there. Out of the 13 topics, I know 3 off by heart, but I only started two days a go! and gone through all the rest, so hopefully everything will be fine :smile: How are you doing?

ahh I only know a little of biological therapies!! didn't learn it in depth!
but im a bit stressed out LOL trying to write notes out atm.. really need a good grade in this exam!

Same, I started revising two days before the exam but seemed to go through everything and know it in detail; it seems stress leads to pretty amazing production! I also predicted all three questions that came up and now am confident I hit my A* :dance:
Reply 1764
Are all 4 psychology units added up to give you a final A2 grade? Or are just PYA3 and PSA4 counted as A2??
Original post by Annagxd
Are all 4 psychology units added up to give you a final A2 grade? Or are just PYA3 and PSA4 counted as A2??

Each unit, including AS, is 25% towards your final A2 grade.
Reply 1766
Original post by RobertWhite
Each unit, including AS, is 25% towards your final A2 grade.

Are you sure?? I am doing AQA and we were never told this in my school!
so the majority of you believe biological explanations will come up...or biological therapies/treatments for schizohprenia?

what about media? some of you say intense fandom?

feb- 2010- video games and psychology explanations of the attraction of celebrity

feb 2011- psychological explanations of media influence on pro-social behaviour
celebrity worhsip on young people (small marks)
effectiveness of television in persuasion

so for sure intense fandom will come up? (hope so)
and is there a thread on unit3 psychology?? can't seem to find it anywhere!
Original post by ashley12
i wrote about it as a whole explanation, then a little on testosterone and all that. so you think the stuff i wrote on brain structure will get marks for?

probably A02, because it suggests an opposing explanation, even if it is still biological like testosterone. But you might have had to be explicit about it tho...hope fully we both got some extra marks for it ... lol :biggrin:
Original post by knowledgeISgood
so the majority of you believe biological explanations will come up...or biological therapies/treatments for schizohprenia?

feb- 2010- video games and psychology explanations of the attraction of celebrity

My Teacher says there is a chance that Cognitive Dissonance could come up cause they are getting rid of it next year. So it might be worth going over that too..
Original post by Annagxd
Are you sure?? I am doing AQA and we were never told this in my school!

100% positive, otherwise what would be the point of AS? I hope this isn't too bad news for you :s-smilie: AS and A2 are worth 50% each.
Original post by knowledgeISgood

Sometimes the exam boards are bastards and repeat questions; so you'll have to revise everything in order to be able to answer to a decent level. Do focus slightly more on the predicted stuff, as usually SOMETHING comes up, but don't disregard everything else...

In the last psychology exam I predicted each question, at AS though I mucked up big time and got a B; which of course isn't bad but I can do better >_>
Reply 1773
100% positive, otherwise what would be the point of AS? I hope this isn't too bad news for you :s-smilie: AS and A2 are worth 50% each.

So is it the same for all subjects or just psychology? And yes it is good news as I got an A last year :biggrin:
Original post by Annagxd
So is it the same for all subjects or just psychology? And yes it is good news as I got an A last year :biggrin:

Yes, it is the same for all subject, each year is worth 50%, but sometimes the modules within the year may be worth, for example, 20% and 30% of the total grade. But I know the weighting for psychology is equal, so 25% for each exam.

I'm glad it's good news!
Reply 1775
Yep, 50% each for AS and A2 for all subjects
Reply 1776
Hello!

I know this question has been asked like a million times (sorry)

but I'm seriously freakin out, only had a chance to start revision on Friday after two exams that da. FML.

What do you think could possibly come up in Depression? I had a look for Jan exam paper and couldn't find it, AQA suck.

It would be a huge help!

Thanks
Reply 1777
Yes, it is the same for all subject, each year is worth 50%, but sometimes the modules within the year may be worth, for example, 20% and 30% of the total grade. But I know the weighting for psychology is equal, so 25% for each exam.

I'm glad it's good news!

Thank you so much for answering. I can't believe I didn't know this before :tongue:. So when a university requires for example AAB to get it, is that the average grade for both years or just this year?
Original post by TheRockMaster
Sorry to interupt :redface:

But may I ask what you put for the question on sleep?
The second part...I know it does not really matter but I dont know whether I did it right or not, I did jet lag, shift work and sleep deprivation.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble!

I didn't do that question! I was on perception, aggression and gender.
Original post by Annagxd
Thank you so much for answering. I can't believe I didn't know this before :tongue:. So when a university requires for example AAB to get it, is that the average grade for both years or just this year?

Both years, each year has an equal influence :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending