The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A Unit 4 (TUES) QUESTION PREDICTIONS

Hi guys,

I was wondering what people think may come up in the exam this coming Tuesday by looking at past papers etc.

I'm doing schizophrenia, media & of course research methods.

I'm pretttty sure biological explanations for schizophrenia because it has not come up in the past 2 papers.

Any ideas on media & research methods?!

Scroll to see replies

research methods we'll be given stimulus material, and then just be asked questions regarding it. I reckon a 10 or so marker at the end like a consent form or writing out a design. Any ideas on addiction anyone? I hate it so much, I'm panicking. Also, do we need to know researcher names? I'm aiming for A* and my teacher said we didn't need to know names, but someone on the U3 thread said we did.... :O
Reply 2
We were told in a conference with a chief examiner that you won't get marked down by not providing names however it's takes up more time to say 'a researcher said that... They found..' compared to 'tarrier et al found that..' but I dunno. I think it just adds to the structure and shows a wider understanding? Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ben05
We were told in a conference with a chief examiner that you won't get marked down by not providing names however it's takes up more time to say 'a researcher said that... They found..' compared to 'tarrier et al found that..' but I dunno. I think it just adds to the structure and shows a wider understanding? Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks so much for this! Should be much easier knowing I don't need to remember all the researchers names!
Reply 4
Anyone know any predictions for depression or addiction??
I'm kinda bricking it =/
Reply 5
Ditto. I have done very little revision for it. Its so boring.
Reply 6
my bet. is depression - issues and classification
addiction - smoking explanations, and biological intervention
Reply 7
p.s i am a pssychology teacher, and i have just predicted paper 3 almost perfectly for my kids. I told them obesity explanation and evolutionary food preference - and it was, natuer of sleep and disruption also correct. Relationships the tough question whihc is said was one of 3, and it was.
Reply 8
Anyone doing OCD?
I am so nervous.
Reply 10
why nervous? just answer the question given rather than misreading it - sounds simple, do it
Reply 11
Original post by abakes
p.s i am a pssychology teacher, and i have just predicted paper 3 almost perfectly for my kids. I told them obesity explanation and evolutionary food preference - and it was, natuer of sleep and disruption also correct. Relationships the tough question whihc is said was one of 3, and it was.

Good spelling of 'Psychology' for someone who teaches it....
Original post by abakes
my bet. is depression - issues and classification
addiction - smoking explanations, and biological intervention

smoking explanations questions was a recent question
Reply 13
ermmm any other predictions lol?
Reply 14
ok smoking / gambling then? cant remember which was last. I am watching the golf. Ask me a question if you want?? will help if can.
Reply 15
last 5 mins to ask any questions, post on here. Research ones easiest as they are not content specific - as i probably dont teach the same content as you have in your notes
Reply 16
know your validity types - internal / extrenal. population, concurrent, predictive, temporal, content, etc
Reply 17
Original post by abakes

would you mind predicting questions for tuesday please?

edit: im doing schizophrenia and anomalistic
Reply 18
sorry - i dont do those. I do depression and addiction - so have no idea.
Reply 19
any research problems?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending