The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3080
Original post by woods.vanessa

Yes it probably was harder.
Im just hoping F324 is not this hard!!! I need to make up for the flop that F325 was :frown:

Well maybe if it was going to be difficult, OCR have quickly written a new one to prevent any more 'I'm going to kill OCR' type groups from happening again.

Wishful thinking.
Original post by jam.wa
Well maybe if it was going to be difficult, OCR have quickly written a new one to prevent any more 'I'm going to kill OCR' type groups from happening again.

Wishful thinking.

Lol very wishful thinking
Reply 3082

Lol very wishful thinking

And hopefully it would go something like this:

'So, benzene? [60]'
Original post by jam.wa
And hopefully it would go something like this:

'So, benzene? [60]'

:crossedf:
What will be 52 raw marks equivalent to?
Reply 3085
hey guys
i have 264/300 UMS for AS chem
and 54/60 for practical and 68/90 for F324 (I am resitting this one this june)
if getting A is 480 out of 600, i need 94 UMS as it is - but i think i got about 60 marks :\
will i make it?
Original post by Flux_Pav
hey guys
i have 264/300 UMS for AS chem
and 54/60 for practical and 68/90 for F324 (I am resitting this one this june)
if getting A is 480 out of 600, i need 94 UMS as it is - but i think i got about 60 marks :\
will i make it?

60 raw marks is about 120 ~UMS. so what the heck are you worrying about? you are already on an A! i guarantee you the A given ur previous marks. this paper was hard and the examiners know you would get an A so they will not let you be disadvantaged.
Original post by Flint_09
60 raw marks is about 120 ~UMS. so what the heck are you worrying about? you are already on an A! i guarantee you the A given ur previous marks. this paper was hard and the examiners know you would get an A so they will not let you be disadvantaged.

60/100 raw marks is an A? are you sure... cos that only 60% i thought it would be closer to a C. i hope your right though. i needed a b in this paper and i think i got about 70/100
If I mark giving benefit of doubt I could have got anywhere between 55-48 raw marks.
Does anyone know what that would be in UMS please?
Original post by supercalafraja
60/100 raw marks is an A? are you sure... cos that only 60% i thought it would be closer to a C. i hope your right though. i needed a b in this paper and i think i got about 70/100

65 is 120 UMS so you'll get at least 110!
Reply 3090
Original post by Flint_09

oh thanks!
I had no idea about the grade boundaries for previous papers
are you going about this by the jan grade boundaries?
Reply 3091
Anybody resitting F324 on Friday like me? Any predictions :frown:
Reply 3092
Original post by Flux_Pav
oh thanks!
I had no idea about the grade boundaries for previous papers
are you going about this by the jan grade boundaries?

Papers are written 18 months in advance and so consequently papers that are in the same year (jan,july) tend to have very similar mark schemes because the papers were written with the same level of difficulty in mind. The grade boundary for jan was about 62 for an A, imo this paper was marginally harder as i got 92 in jan and in this paper i dropped at least 13 marks, therefore i predict a grade boundary at about 60-63. I very much doubt that the A boundary will be 70+
Reply 3093
Original post by Sereni
Ok so my tutor says the comment on magic tang mark was saying that low pH=sour or something to that effect, the mark is NOT for saying it will corrode the mouth.

i wrote something along the lines of "the acidic ph may cause a reaction with the taste buds in the mouth, giving the user a different or more pleasurable experience" as a last minute rush as i initially skipped the question... reccon that will be enough for a mark?
thankyouu :biggrin:
Reply 3095
Original post by good morning
i wrote something along the lines of "the acidic ph may cause a reaction with the taste buds in the mouth, giving the user a different or more pleasurable experience" as a last minute rush as i initially skipped the question... reccon that will be enough for a mark?
thankyouu :biggrin:

It sounds valid so imo you would get the mark, though i dont really know, tbh its 1 mark and it will be AVP (any valid point)
Original post by Sereni
It sounds valid so imo you would get the mark, though i dont really know, tbh its 1 mark and it will be AVP (any valid point)

yeah, lets hope :smile:

hope you did well by the way mate & everyone else who sat the exam...
Reply 3097
Original post by good morning
yeah, lets hope :smile:

hope you did well by the way mate & everyone else who sat the exam...

You also, lets hope the grade boundaries get dragged down by chavs and everyone else gets As :smile:
Original post by Sereni
You also, lets hope the grade boundaries get dragged down by chavs and everyone else gets As :smile:

chavs? chemistry? haha that I must see

Teacher: "right class today we're learning about the stability constant also known as Kstab"

Chav:"wuh someone mention stab?"
Original post by viksta1000
chavs? chemistry? haha that I must see

Teacher: "right class today we're learning about the stability constant also known as Kstab"

Chav:"wuh someone mention stab?"

teacher "today were going to learn about benzene and phenol's use in pharmaceuticals"

chav "done dat already, in my Methamphetamine lab at home"

Original post by Sereni

positive thinking :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending