The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eugenius 8
ooh Denpa Onna is getting a little more interesting now :h:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Are there any particular characters you like?
Reply 1241
...old macross ...minmay enters the beauty contest .. narrator"She's 16 today :sexface:" :lolwut:

EDIT: ep 11 of that imouto series was hilarous.:mmm: that girl is still a bitch though.:no:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hiya Anime soc. By any chance does anyone know anything about a Harry Potter anime? O_o
Original post by Kagutsuchi
Hiya Anime soc. By any chance does anyone know anything about a Harry Potter anime? O_o

I know that there isn't one, and that ANN mentions no plans for one at the moment, if that's what you mean. :lolwut:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I know that there isn't one, and that ANN mentions no plans for one at the moment, if that's what you mean. :lolwut:

It was, and now I am sad. :frown: Thanks though. :cute:
Lesson learned: anything by Key will melt your heart into a smouldering pile of ash.
Reply 1246
I just had a horrible thought. A long running shonen series ...where the main character is shinji ikari. :yucky:
Reply 1247
I have to ask, where and how to the producers for anime pick soundtracks to use for OP's and ED's?

As much as I like downloading full OP's and ED's I feel that one day I gotta buy a proper japanese album...eh...kawaii:smile:
Reply 1248
Original post by Mr.AZ
I have to ask, where and how to the producers for anime pick soundtracks to use for OP's and ED's?

As much as I like downloading full OP's and ED's I feel that one day I gotta buy a proper japanese album...eh...kawaii:smile:

Funnily enough, I have an acquaintance from art school whose music has been featured, and from my understanding, when I asked her how the decision was made, her involvement was minimal. Her record label/company has a contract with the animation studio, which is often part of an affiliated group. The decision is therefore marginalised to an extent whereby the producer will select a track from the agreed artist. Mutual publicity exchange, if you will. Obviously, the initial discussion of a collaboration would warrant an appropriate artist to uphold the tone of the anime series in question.
Original post by Mr.AZ

Kawaii?

Importing the actual CDs is amazingly expensive but I like to look up artists rather than just sticking to the one song and I recommend others do the same. When people only acknowledge a song as "X's OP/ED" it saddens me because they haven't considered the artist behind it. For example, the Madoka Magica OST is great, but if you liked Magia go find Kalafina's Red Moon to find a lot more like it. How about the band behind Darker than Black's OP who have also had music used by D. Grey Man, Folklore, Sengoku Basara, Soul Eater, Death Note and Monster Hunter? Or what others in the same band have done? Not to mention most OP/EDs are only very small edits. If anyone knows of Kaiji 2's OP and how amazing it is, have you looked up the full version?
It's educational to do a bit of research of these things. You can come out of it richer.
(edited 12 years ago)
got back to watching Yosuga no Sora, started from the beginning again, i dont remember it being this hardcore :lolwut: some of those scenes :rofl: Akira's arc :sad: onto Nao's arc, Sora opening that door while the guy just keeps on going :toofunny: love Sora's :unimpressed: face :mmm:

Original post by vin

EDIT: ep 11 of that imouto series was hilarous.:mmm: that girl is still a bitch though.:no:

ah Kuroneko was so awesome in that ep :rofl:

didnt think you would watch this kind of show :lolwut: :mmm:

Original post by HolyFuzazzle

Spoiler

Are there any particular characters you like?

Spoiler

Menma :puppyeyes: shes bloody adorable :colondollar: and Anaru is quite cute :love: hate Yukiatsu :unimpressed: but he did good in the last ep :p:

you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1251
Original post by Kagutsuchi
It was, and now I am sad. :frown: Thanks though. :cute:

Hermione with pink hair and ginormous oppai.

Hmmm......:colonhash:

Spoiler

Menma :puppyeyes: shes bloody adorable :colondollar: and Anaru is quite cute :love: hate Yukiatsu :unimpressed: but he did good in the last ep :p:

you?

Yeah ._. the first five or six episods really got to me and I don't know why XD
My eyes were definitely gluedto the screen during episode 10...

Spoiler

Menma's cute... but like sometimes it's a bit URGHHHH but yeah she#s sweet. I like Anaru actually, and Tsuruko... Hmm I think I like Yukiatsu the best, he's clearly messed up is the reason XD And I also liked Jintan, but I dunno, as the series have gone on all the characters seem to be all different and I don't know what I think of them anymore:s-smilie:
Is there anything this season worth watching? Only things I've bothered with from 2010/11 are Star Driver, Madoka and Kaiji really.
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Yeah ._. the first five or six episods really got to me and I don't know why XD
My eyes were definitely gluedto the screen during episode 10...

Spoiler

Menma's cute... but like sometimes it's a bit URGHHHH but yeah she#s sweet. I like Anaru actually, and Tsuruko... Hmm I think I like Yukiatsu the best, he's clearly messed up is the reason XD And I also liked Jintan, but I dunno, as the series have gone on all the characters seem to be all different and I don't know what I think of them anymore:s-smilie:

Spoiler

yeah she can be a tad annoying sometimes :p: dont really like Tsuruko tbf, yeh i guess you cant really blame Yukiatsu :bird: but i just cant stand him :p: Jin-tan's cool, Poppo is well er Poppo :awesome: yeh know what you mean, the characters seem to have drifted off a bit :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)

Spoiler

yeah she can be a tad annoying sometimes :p: dont really like Tsuruko tbf, yeh i guess you cant really blame Yukiatsu :bird: but i just cant stand him :p: Jin-tan's cool, Poppo is well er Poppo :awesome: yeh know what you mean, the characters seem to have drifted off a bit :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Just I've never appreciated properly the high pitched cute slow girl in anime XD Though she is cute... Tsuruko's kinda uptight and blegh but she's sorta hot (no homo). And Yukiatsu yeah he's a bit of a d******d but I'm interested in him cuz he's so messed up, like

Spoiler

Original post by Zetsubeau
Is there anything this season worth watching? Only things I've bothered with from 2010/11 are Star Driver, Madoka and Kaiji really.

Steins;Gate is definitely worth watching!
Reply 1257

ah Kuroneko was so awesome in that ep :rofl:

didnt think you would watch this kind of show :lolwut: :mmm:

:huff: Its a good break from all this mecha ive been watching lately. And was so damn funny at times :laugh: and even a bit cute.:h: That main character was annoying though :wtf: lying down and taking all that from the bitch of a sister and yet he was able to stand up to his big scary dad and take a punch :zomg: and other such things.
Original post by AngryJellyfish

"Steins;Gate is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past."

I'm in.
Reply 1259
Original post by Zetsubeau
Kawaii?

Importing the actual CDs is amazingly expensive but I like to look up artists rather than just sticking to the one song and I recommend others do the same. When people only acknowledge a song as "X's OP/ED" it saddens me because they haven't considered the artist behind it. For example, the Madoka Magica OST is great, but if you liked Magia go find Kalafina's Red Moon to find a lot more like it. How about the band behind Darker than Black's OP who have also had music used by D. Grey Man, Folklore, Sengoku Basara, Soul Eater, Death Note and Monster Hunter? Or what others in the same band have done? Not to mention most OP/EDs are only very small edits. If anyone knows of Kaiji 2's OP and how amazing it is, have you looked up the full version?
It's educational to do a bit of research of these things. You can come out of it richer.

I was thinking of amagami SS when I randomly said 'Kawaii'.

I understand your point, not long ago I started looking deeper into the artists soundtracks rather than their featured OPs and EDs, I think my first one was with Round Table then I drifted on to others as time went by.

But hey your right, I might as well research the artists I listen to, thank goodness my last exam is thursaday this week.

Funnily enough, I have an acquaintance from art school whose music has been featured, and from my understanding, when I asked her how the decision was made, her involvement was minimal. Her record label/company has a contract with the animation studio, which is often part of an affiliated group. The decision is therefore marginalised to an extent whereby the producer will select a track from the agreed artist. Mutual publicity exchange, if you will. Obviously, the initial discussion of a collaboration would warrant an appropriate artist to uphold the tone of the anime series in question.

Interesting, thanks for the info:smile:

Need to catch up with that, still on ep 5.

Latest