Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tufts
Guys here's my baba :smile:

It was taken at 10+6 weeks.

Can anyone guess the gender?

aww cute. I'd say it's a boy :biggrin:
Reply 221
Love the scan Tufts, i would say boy too, but then i don't really know anything!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip with Bella's school BP, sounds like fun.

PMP: hows things with the new fridge working out?

Ive got my last exam tomorrow, cannot wait to get it over and done with!!
new fridge is going fine thanks alexa. I've found that it actually DOES fit a week's worth of shopping in, so that's good :smile:

How did your exam go alexa?

Alex is having a trial day (well, an hour) at Lydia's school right now as he starts there in Sept. Eek!
Reply 223
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
new fridge is going fine thanks alexa. I've found that it actually DOES fit a week's worth of shopping in, so that's good :smile:

How did your exam go alexa?

Alex is having a trial day (well, an hour) at Lydia's school right now as he starts there in Sept. Eek!

Oh that is good on the fridge front :smile:

My exam was okay thank you. I have finished! Cannot believe how fast first year has gone. I am moving out of my halls tomorrow, it is going to be so weird to be back home and not come back here. Ive had an great couple of days just enjoying things here with no exams.

Hope Alex's trial hour goes well for him, bet he will enjoy making friends in Sept. Gosh time really does fly!
I am going to say a girl Tufts, :tongue: any preferences? It's good that you can enjoy this pregnancy without the worry of labour.

PMP: Oh Bella had hers too, although she is a bit confused as to why she went back to her nursery instead of staying at school, they are doing four Tuesdays 1.30-3. Seems to quite like it! How did Alex find it?

We're potty training Milly! She just announced that she 'Wanted to wee on the potty' so I thought we'd just go along with it, just letting her stroll round bottomless, going well so far (I think!) so will keep persevering!

Hope everyone who had exams did well! x
Tufts: I predict a boy :smile:

I just got my period since I got pregnant (my last period was on 11/06/2010)

I want to try for another baby, but Henry takes up so much attention I'm concerned that he might be left out if we had another baby :frown:
Reply 226
Original post by balloon_parade
any preferences?

A girl :shh:
So as you know I cannot fall pregnant. I have a lot of pain "down there" and the GP has referred me to to a Urologist but has said he is not completely convinced it is a bladder related problem. He is absolutely convinced I have scar tissue but wont yet refer to Gynae until the urologist has done tests. I am slightly worried as my periods previously regular are now getting earlier and this month for the 3rd month was a week early. The thing I find very hard is due to my age, I wont get help for another year at least because I am only 24. Im finding this very hard to swallow right now and it is all I think about. One is not enough for me Sorry for the rant x
Reply 228
Original post by HerRoyalHighness
So as you know I cannot fall pregnant. I have a lot of pain "down there" and the GP has referred me to to a Urologist but has said he is not completely convinced it is a bladder related problem. He is absolutely convinced I have scar tissue but wont yet refer to Gynae until the urologist has done tests. I am slightly worried as my periods previously regular are now getting earlier and this month for the 3rd month was a week early. The thing I find very hard is due to my age, I wont get help for another year at least because I am only 24. Im finding this very hard to swallow right now and it is all I think about. One is not enough for me Sorry for the rant x

:hugs: When did this start? Where does the doctor think the scar tissue is, and what does he think caused it?
[QUOTE="Tufts;32304944"]:hugs: When did this start? Where does the doctor think the scar tissue is, and what does he think caused it?[/QUOTE
Been trying for 9 months now, I have had bladder pain and related issues since c section (which is the scar tissue issue) which have been getting worse in last 6 months x
Reply 230
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time HRH, hope the doctors will help you. It must be painful right now, but just remember atleast you have little Ella, how is she doing? x
HRH - I'm sorry hun *hugs*
Hi HRH, I can't believe that they won't offer any assistance for at least another year??? According to the NHS website, once you have been TTC for 12 months you are entitled to be investigated (blood tests/progesterone/sperm tests etc...). Although I do believe that you wouldn't be entitled to IVF/ICSI etc on the NHS because you already have a biological child, which I think is absolutely disgusting, although if you do have the investigations, it could just be a simple case of needing a progesterone pessary or Clomid, which I think that you would be entitled to. I've certainly never heard of anyone being denied investigations/treatment due to being too young. Is there another DR at the surgery you can ask a second opinion of? Or even another surgery to go to?

I know how frustrating this is. I've been trying for 10 months now and had 3 miscarriages in that time; I went to the DR for blood tests yet she claimed she couldn't do them there, so have been referred to my local RMC (Recurring Miscarriage Clinic) which has a 13 week waiting list so I'm just in limbo here. I know of plently other women who have had the blood tests there and then at their DRs surgery and yet I'm having to wait so long. My husband has eventually decided enough is enough and we're going to a private DR on Harley St, but I realise this isn't an option for everyone.

I really hope you get some answers soon, and I wouldn't take the DR's word about leaving you another year. *hugs*
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 233
* hugs * Sorry HRH. Keep in mind though they have reasons for those rules - they are not trying to be mean to you specifically.
Reply 234
Has anyone been watching baby hospital?
Well I'm not even pregnant or a mum, or even trying to be, so I'm sure you can join :p: I just love following everyone :smile:
Reply 236
Original post by Tufts
Has anyone been watching baby hospital?

Yes, think it was last week's episode with that baby who never got visitors, even from their own mum...was very, very upsetting.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Am I allowed in TTC or just if I'm already a parent? :smile:

you are allowed in even if you're just friendly and want to talk about anything vaguely child or pregnancy related :wink:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but we've just lost our 4th pregnancy. I don't know who to talk to or where to turn.
:hugs: Wish I could do more, but super big :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest