The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anyone_can_fly
:colondollar: In our defense, it's worse to be an offer-holder stalking the applicants than to be an applicant stalking the offer-holders.

:getmecoat:

I'd rather be an offer holder than an applicant, whatever the circumstances! :wink:
Original post by LtCommanderData
I'd rather be an offer holder than an applicant, whatever the circumstances! :wink:

Oh of course, but we need to stalk you as vital university research, whereas the only reason you have for stalking us is because you're bored.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Oh of course, but we need to stalk you as vital university research, whereas the only reason you have for stalking us is because you're bored.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

She speaks the truth. You have no reason to be stalking us :wink:
Stalking?
I totally stalked all the offer holders last year, I understand completely :tongue:
Original post by riotgrrl
I totally stalked all the offer holders last year, I understand completely :tongue:

The cycle continues :wink:

Also, Surrey high five!
Reply 1826
Original post by Rachel*

Original post by Rachel*
Well I'm from Northern Ireland.. :smile:

Hello, fellow Island of Irelander!
Original post by such_a_lady
She speaks the truth. You have no reason to be stalking us :wink:

Some may call it stalking, some may call it wondering if we might be of some assistance :hat2:
On a darker note... :frown:

Does anyone know if Oxford has a policy if you miss your offer? Is it an automatic no?
Reply 1829
Original post by GoTobann
Hello, fellow Island of Irelander!

Hello (: Where are you from? What subject/college are you?
Original post by shoshin
Some may call it stalking, some may call it wondering if we might be of some assistance :hat2:

Oh gosh, if you ever feel like offering a tip or word of advice, it would be most welcome :biggrin: We're a little scared to pop up here and ask, so...
Reply 1831
Original post by such_a_lady
Oh gosh, if you ever feel like offering a tip or word of advice, it would be most welcome :biggrin: We're a little scared to pop up here and ask, so...

aww you shouldnt be scared :smile: as far as i know, nobody bites here :biggrin:
Original post by micky022
On a darker note... :frown:

Does anyone know if Oxford has a policy if you miss your offer? Is it an automatic no?

It's up to the College really. It is always worth calling them, and it's certainly happened in the past that someone who missed the offer was given their place anyway. But a College may have made an open offer, and if an open offeree has made the offer then they have to take priority over others who have missed grades.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Festina lente
It's up to the Collge really. It is always worth calling them, and it's certainly happened in the past that someone who missed the offer was given their place anyway. But a College may have made an open offer, and if an open offeree has made the offer then they have to take priority over others who have missed grades.

When you're talking about ringing them up, would you do this if UCAS had actually changed to 'unsuccessful' on results day, or just If it's still blank/says 'conditional'?

I'm very worried that I am going to end up getting something between A*A*B and AAB and therefore miss my offer :frown:
Original post by flywithemma
When you're talking about ringing them up, would you do this if UCAS had actually changed to 'unsuccessful' on results day, or just If it's still blank/says 'conditional'?

I'm very worried that I am going to end up getting something between A*A*B and AAB and therefore miss my offer :frown:

I think it's worth ringing either way, just to be absolutely sure that if there was any chance you could have still taken your place, you would have done.
Original post by flywithemma

I would try to be brave and call anyway, armed with information on UMS and so on. Because I would always wonder what would have happened if I hadn't. Please don't panic though, it looks as though a lot of people weren't happy with how they felt the exams had gone.
STEP II tomorrow! So nice for the result of it not to matter, I'd be freaking out if I depended on it for an offer :tongue:

Good luck everybody with this week's exams! I have 7 this week, and my last one the following Monday. And then... no more A-levels! :woo:
Original post by Lucy23
Yeah it was, my other interview was hertford, how about you?

My first choice was wadham, othe interview was st catz
I've got an offer to read History at Magdalen. Absolutely over the moon, I finished my exams last week - pretty intense English on Friday - and I'm relaxing into this endless summer. Anyone else with an offer from Magdalen?
Original post by deFossard
I've got an offer to read History at Magdalen. Absolutely over the moon, I finished my exams last week - pretty intense English on Friday - and I'm relaxing into this endless summer. Anyone else with an offer from Magdalen?

From the OP--

Magdalen:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=219623924721884

Lots of your fellow Magdalen freshers there. :smile:

Quick Reply