The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by affinity89
I've still not got that.

I've got to ring HR tomorrow as they left me a message on Friday asking for my address. Annoying really as I just wanted them to send it to my normal address and I'd pick it up from there. :/

oh, strange! :|
hey i've never posted before.
i work at sainsburys and have a team leader interview coming up soon, it was advertised internally, i was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect, ive heard theres a role play and i may even have to do a presentation on what id change at the store. any tips ? thanks
Original post by inksplodge
oh, strange! :|

Aye. I think the girl in HR was trying to be considerate. I just wish she had been more so when I tried to organise a transfer etc, cause they it would have been useful lol.

I'll call her tomorrow to sort it all out. :smile:
When ringing up to book an interview how long is the phonecall? Is it short and snappy?
I don't particularly fancy the idea of a phone call especially as I feel out of my depth with it being the first job I've applied too :P
Original post by Spellstheend
When ringing up to book an interview how long is the phonecall? Is it short and snappy?
I don't particularly fancy the idea of a phone call especially as I feel out of my depth with it being the first job I've applied too :P

Yeah i seem to recall it being pretty precise. you're not calling the store, just the main recruitment centre or whatever so they tell you what times are available and you tell them when you can make it, i think.
Reply 8785

Maybe like 10 minutes maximum? They run through the hours you've applied for, confirm who the people you put down for references are, what times they have to offer for interviews, and then what you have to do on the day of your interview.

On the subject of interviews, Mine is at 11:30 today :smile: Different Store, Different Oppertunity (i hope!)
Problem resolved!
(edited 12 years ago)
Pfft. Tried to call to resolve the issue with my P45 three times this morning. To no avail. No one is answering the phones. :frown:
I only work part time and I'm thinking about applying for another part time job somewhere else, is there any restrictions in the contract like where you can apply etc

Also do you have to let Sainsburys know if you have another job alongside your current one?
As long as you dont go over a certian amount of hours you are fine, I think its 49 but not too sure. You should tell them just so your shifts dont clash and you need to get someone too cover for you.
It was quite common at my store. A lot of people had two jobs because most of us were on minimal contracted hours. I knew a couple of people who had two extra jobs! They didn't hide it from anyone but they didn't seem to flaunt it either. So long as it doesn't clash, you should be ok. :smile:
Original post by just_looking
hey i've never posted before.
i work at sainsburys and have a team leader interview coming up soon, it was advertised internally, i was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect, ive heard theres a role play and i may even have to do a presentation on what id change at the store. any tips ? thanks

Don't forget to keep mentioning the customer! The people I know in our store who have gone for team leader roles and not got them, its because they haven't talked about the customer enough :smile:
My account currently says 'first stage interview', my interview is later on in the week but I just wondered if there is more than one interview stage if this is only the first?
My account currently says 'first stage interview', my interview is later on in the week but I just wondered if there is more than one interview stage if this is only the first?

Hi there :smile:

What position is this for, may I ask? Apologies if you already mentioned.

When I had an 'interview' for a customer assistant role, it was a group task and very informal interview in the canteen afterwards. I'd imagine the same process is involved with every entry level role.

Very best of luck, either way :smile:
Original post by morris743
Hi there :smile:

What position is this for, may I ask? Apologies if you already mentioned.

When I had an 'interview' for a customer assistant role, it was a group task and very informal interview in the canteen afterwards. I'd imagine the same process is involved with every entry level role.

Very best of luck, either way :smile:

'Code controller' is the role

I got told on the phone it's a DVD test and basic maths test and then a 1-1 with the store manager afterwards (the whole thing to last an hour)

How many people were in your group interview? and did you do the DVD thingy

'Code controller' is the role

I got told on the phone it's a DVD test and basic maths test and then a 1-1 with the store manager afterwards (the whole thing to last an hour)

How many people were in your group interview? and did you do the DVD thingy

Yep that's exactly what I did! :smile:

There were 20 people maximum at mine. Prepare for more or less though, then you won't be surprised :smile:

I have a friend who does code controlling. One of the more interesting roles...

Good luck
Original post by morris743
Yep that's exactly what I did! :smile:

There were 20 people maximum at mine. Prepare for more or less though, then you won't be surprised :smile:

I have a friend who does code controlling. One of the more interesting roles...

Good luck

Ah ok that's a lot of people!

I doubt I'll get this job as I just turned 16, have no experience and have never been to an interview before :')

thank you :smile: I'll get back to you how it goes
Ah ok that's a lot of people!

I doubt I'll get this job as I just turned 16, have no experience and have never been to an interview before :')

thank you :smile: I'll get back to you how it goes

That is the maximum, it may have been closer 15 or even less! I'm really overestimating tbh, I can't remember too accurately but just be prepared for more and you'll be fine :wink:

No reason why you shouldn't get it. Sainsbury's is ideal for you and you're ideal for Sainsbury's :smile: Just be yourself (within reason! :biggrin:), stay chilled and enjoy any likeable people you may meet :tongue: :smile:
Hello :smile:

First post here.
I work for sainsbury's doing night-shift full-time:eek: (till I go of to uni) I actually don't mind it :eek: I quite like it, yep I'm crazy :biggrin:
Reply 8799
Been 3 days since my interview, havent heard anything yet.

Not sure if its a good sign since my other interviews where i failed i heard either the next day or the 2nd day. :redface:

EDIT: Just went on my account and it says Unsuccessful :frown: failed 4 times now.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending