The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophiasunshine
Sweeeet, not just gonna be me on my tod all year then :biggrin: you feeling confident about getting into Leeds? Actuarial Mathematics sounds very intimidating to me. Though that's probably because I can barely add up without having to count fingers and toes.

ahah awww bless youu :') and noo theres loads of us applied which is getting me a tad edgey that i wont get a room :/
and yeahh im a freak... i love maths :smile: x sorry to tell you that (but honestly im normal other than that) :biggrin:
what course you doing?? x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by dmz
oh, the one from ages, forgot to reply :redface:

oh ahah score.... :P x
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
This is basically what I was saying :wink: IMO better to be off campus and I was pointing out that it is cheaper, even with travel taken in to account.

simply put... yes :P x
Reply 1983
Original post by Nicola.Garner
oh ahah score.... :P x

I've replied now :smile:
ahah awww bless youu :') and noo theres loads of us applied which is getting me a tad edgey that i wont get a room :/
and yeahh im a freak... i love maths :smile: x sorry to tell you that (but honestly im normal other than that) :biggrin:
what course you doing?? x

If other people are doing maths that means I don't have to, so that is totally cool. I'll stand outside your room at weird hours of the morning shouting and asking you to do complex long division for me (I mean, yeah I have a calculator but where's the fun in that). Haha I know lots of people are going there, I'm just dead paranoid that I'll randomly show up and have no friends. Not that I'm melodramatic or anything. I'm sure you'll get a place!

I'm doing Classical Literature & Philosophy :biggrin: SO EXCITED for September now.
If other people are doing maths that means I don't have to, so that is totally cool. I'll stand outside your room at weird hours of the morning shouting and asking you to do complex long division for me (I mean, yeah I have a calculator but where's the fun in that). Haha I know lots of people are going there, I'm just dead paranoid that I'll randomly show up and have no friends. Not that I'm melodramatic or anything. I'm sure you'll get a place!

I'm doing Classical Literature & Philosophy :biggrin: SO EXCITED for September now.

ahah no fun no fun in that at all :P, but id be the one cheating that uses the calulator :P thats how i did it all my life :P its bad i know :| but yeah it would be fun just getting woke up at like 3 in the morning too "nicolaaaaaa!!! whats 586943 divided by 19283" super fun (y)
you know people going where sorry to leeds or to north hill court ??? ahhhh this is not good!!! not good at all :P oh well :smile: i will get a room there, i will (yn)
no not melodramatic at all :P youll see me :smile:
ohhh that sounds cool, i saw you have a unconditional you must be well excited now, because you have a guareenteed place!! how exciting :smile: x
ahah no fun no fun in that at all :P, but id be the one cheating that uses the calulator :P thats how i did it all my life :P its bad i know :| but yeah it would be fun just getting woke up at like 3 in the morning too "nicolaaaaaa!!! whats 586943 divided by 19283" super fun (y)
you know people going where sorry to leeds or to north hill court ??? ahhhh this is not good!!! not good at all :P oh well :smile: i will get a room there, i will (yn)
no not melodramatic at all :P youll see me :smile:
ohhh that sounds cool, i saw you have a unconditional you must be well excited now, because you have a guareenteed place!! how exciting :smile: x

"Nicolaaaaaa. What's the square root of 789879? NO CHEATING. I CAN HEAR YOU PRESSING YOUR CALCULATOR BUTTONS."

I don't know anyone specifically going to NHC but I figured I'm probably not that likely to be literally the only person. And at least I'll have talked to you before I go, so that's one person! (I'm sure you'll get in :biggrin:)

I'm half really, really excited and half nervous as hell. Which is silly because I've not got all the results day pressure (I do not envy you having to do that, it's so tense!), but I keep worrying about making friends, I'm a little socially awkward with new people XD but that's what alcohol was invented for, so it'll be fine! I hope. I'm soooo looking forward to getting my room and putting all my stuff in it and making it look awesome (though I don't know how big the rooms are at NHC? I have a lot of books :/)
"Nicolaaaaaa. What's the square root of 789879? NO CHEATING. I CAN HEAR YOU PRESSING YOUR CALCULATOR BUTTONS."

I don't know anyone specifically going to NHC but I figured I'm probably not that likely to be literally the only person. And at least I'll have talked to you before I go, so that's one person! (I'm sure you'll get in :biggrin:)

I'm half really, really excited and half nervous as hell. Which is silly because I've not got all the results day pressure (I do not envy you having to do that, it's so tense!), but I keep worrying about making friends, I'm a little socially awkward with new people XD but that's what alcohol was invented for, so it'll be fine! I hope. I'm soooo looking forward to getting my room and putting all my stuff in it and making it look awesome (though I don't know how big the rooms are at NHC? I have a lot of books :/)

BUT HOW CAN YOU I INSTALLED A SLIENCER!!! yes the calculator is my weapon :P
ahah yes thats fair :P

i met a girl on my applicant day and i know she definatly applied there, and then theres a couple others i know about from facebook, and yougo that applied but its about 10 ish people so its still looking good for us :smile: and yeah, theres proberbly just going to be loads of people like us :biggrin: so itll be a fun place to live :smile:

yeahh im the same, the other day i really panicked that i would not have any friends whats so ever!! its was bad :P and yeahh your so lucky!! i wish i was in your situation, especially because ive got 5 exams left still :/ ahah yeahh im totally the opposite im really friendly :P like i hug everyone :smile: such a weirdo :P yeahh same its going to be so fun!! my rooms going to be the best!! and you dont know!!! didnt you go look at it?? most of them are massive, some of them however are normal sized :P x
Original post by dmz
I've replied now :smile:

cool i would reply back if you go wasnt busy :/ x
BUT HOW CAN YOU I INSTALLED A SLIENCER!!! yes the calculator is my weapon :P
ahah yes thats fair :P

i met a girl on my applicant day and i know she definatly applied there, and then theres a couple others i know about from facebook, and yougo that applied but its about 10 ish people so its still looking good for us :smile: and yeah, theres proberbly just going to be loads of people like us :biggrin: so itll be a fun place to live :smile:

yeahh im the same, the other day i really panicked that i would not have any friends whats so ever!! its was bad :P and yeahh your so lucky!! i wish i was in your situation, especially because ive got 5 exams left still :/ ahah yeahh im totally the opposite im really friendly :P like i hug everyone :smile: such a weirdo :P yeahh same its going to be so fun!! my rooms going to be the best!! and you dont know!!! didnt you go look at it?? most of them are massive, some of them however are normal sized :P x

that's cool then :biggrin: I didn't go to any of the official applicant days because...I don't know why, actually, I'm clearly just a bit stupid. But OBVIOUSLY it's going to be the best place to live because....it just will. Because I'm there! yeahhh! I've only seen NHC from the outside. I just sort of chose at random, the only places I've seen inside of are Lyddon and Charles Morris because I've got a friend from school just finished his first year at Leeds, I stayed with him a few times. I have a feeling that my room is just going to be towering piles of books scattered everywhere, I can't bear to leave any of them behind.

Awwww good luck with the exams, you should be spending your time revising, not on TSR :P But don't worry about them, I bet you'll do great. It's just all the waiting for results day that's the worst bit!

Hahaha friendly is good! I'm not unfriendly, I just manage to make a complete **** of myself nearly all the time XD but don't panic, I will be friends with you just so long as you can put up with me being a bit of a dork :P
that's cool then :biggrin: I didn't go to any of the official applicant days because...I don't know why, actually, I'm clearly just a bit stupid. But OBVIOUSLY it's going to be the best place to live because....it just will. Because I'm there! yeahhh! I've only seen NHC from the outside. I just sort of chose at random, the only places I've seen inside of are Lyddon and Charles Morris because I've got a friend from school just finished his first year at Leeds, I stayed with him a few times. I have a feeling that my room is just going to be towering piles of books scattered everywhere, I can't bear to leave any of them behind.

Awwww good luck with the exams, you should be spending your time revising, not on TSR :P But don't worry about them, I bet you'll do great. It's just all the waiting for results day that's the worst bit!

Hahaha friendly is good! I'm not unfriendly, I just manage to make a complete **** of myself nearly all the time XD but don't panic, I will be friends with you just so long as you can put up with me being a bit of a dork :P

ahah why ever not?? they were soo good!! and how could you choose at random :P or did you just choose the cheapest :P lol and i think you got that wrong, its going to be the best beccause im there.. done deal i think :smile: thats fair, how come you didnt start last year then?? did you take a gap year or something??
ahah aww bless ive got images of your room being a book maze like them piled up to make a maze shape to get to your bed and desk, ohh that would be cool, i take it your a big reader then :P

and yeah i probebrly should just done a maths test :P though so it makes up for it :smile: and im not really ive jsut got to do well in tomorrows exam and then i should be in leeds :smile: all hopes lie on tomorrow though :P all my other exams dont really matter to much :P but i want good grades too so ofcourse i will try hard :P

and samme some especially with new people, i always say the wrong thing at the wrong time, or ask questions too soon and then they hate me for about a week and i claw myself back in :wink: im so weird, i can put up with you being a dork, thats if you can put up with me being a freak :smile: x
ahah why ever not?? they were soo good!! and how could you choose at random :P or did you just choose the cheapest :P lol and i think you got that wrong, its going to be the best beccause im there.. done deal i think :smile: thats fair, how come you didnt start last year then?? did you take a gap year or something??
ahah aww bless ive got images of your room being a book maze like them piled up to make a maze shape to get to your bed and desk, ohh that would be cool, i take it your a big reader then :P

and yeah i probebrly should just done a maths test :P though so it makes up for it :smile: and im not really ive jsut got to do well in tomorrows exam and then i should be in leeds :smile: all hopes lie on tomorrow though :P all my other exams dont really matter to much :P but i want good grades too so ofcourse i will try hard :P

and samme some especially with new people, i always say the wrong thing at the wrong time, or ask questions too soon and then they hate me for about a week and i claw myself back in :wink: im so weird, i can put up with you being a dork, thats if you can put up with me being a freak :smile: x

I don't know I just wasn't organised enough to sort it all out XD was gonna go for JBP originally but then wanted something cheaper and NHC was right near it so I figured it was pretty much the same :P

I tried for Cambridge last year but messed up my interviews so I was gonna reapply there this year but then my grades weren't high enough anyway so I went for different places. It was a choice between Kent or Leeds but I fell in love with Leeds the first time I visited my friend up there, I've stayed with him four or five times now and I already adore it there :biggrin: and from what I've heard Cambridge is boring as hell, so hahahahaha I win this time

That's exactly what it will be like. I'll spend my time just rearranging them into different labyrinthine structures so that people have to navigate their way through to find me. I love my books <3 they're like my babies.

Tomorrow? Eek :redface: Good luck! Just do your best and all that, no worries.

I'm not easily offended/put off so you should be okay with that :P Freaks are my favourite sort of people!
I don't know I just wasn't organised enough to sort it all out XD was gonna go for JBP originally but then wanted something cheaper and NHC was right near it so I figured it was pretty much the same :P

I tried for Cambridge last year but messed up my interviews so I was gonna reapply there this year but then my grades weren't high enough anyway so I went for different places. It was a choice between Kent or Leeds but I fell in love with Leeds the first time I visited my friend up there, I've stayed with him four or five times now and I already adore it there :biggrin: and from what I've heard Cambridge is boring as hell, so hahahahaha I win this time

That's exactly what it will be like. I'll spend my time just rearranging them into different labyrinthine structures so that people have to navigate their way through to find me. I love my books <3 they're like my babies.

Tomorrow? Eek :redface: Good luck! Just do your best and all that, no worries.

I'm not easily offended/put off so you should be okay with that :P Freaks are my favourite sort of people!

thats fair, and yeah they were right next to each other, nhc is totally different, its older for a start and i felt more homely :smile: so it was wonderful for me :smile:

and ahhh that sucks ahh well leeds is the better place for definate :smile: also would you believe my insurance is kent how weird is that! and true i feel in love with leeds when i first saw it :') there something magical about it :smile: ahah yes you do!! i can imagine it is, if its anythign like oxford they don't allow you too have a part time job, its crazy!!

awww bless you, every time i come in it shall be a different maze, and it shall be wonderful :smile: especially if you get one of the extra large rooms :P

and yeahh :smile: business economics :P i know my stuff so its all good :biggrin:

sweett :smile: were all set then :smile:
(also im making myself soudn worse than what i am, so dont be dissappionted when were flat mates) x
Reply 1993
I've applied for Henry Price!
I initially heard it was quite a popular choice so I was worried I wouldn't get a room there.. I wanted to be self-catered and on campus cos I'm so lazy :biggrin:

But now it's sounding like James Baillie Park, Clarence Dock and Devonshire hall are all pretty popular too!
Reply 1994
Original post by dmz
o

Heyyy dmz how ru? U dunno me, am an international student going to leeds (gona be joining Msc Nutrition program)...

I've been reading the thread since am looking to apply for accommodation myself, and you seem to be quite popular and helpful around, so thought why not ask u a little and get to know you personally :h:!

So as I said am a postgrad international student, and I guess am lost between choosing uni residence or going for private halls.. Well if I choose uni residences, and am going for en-suite, which do u think is a better choice (if u've seen them for urself): Leodis or Sentinel? And why do u think so :smile: Thnx a lottt in advance!! Tc..
Reply 1995
Original post by maya_01
Heyyy dmz how ru? U dunno me, am an international student going to leeds (gona be joining Msc Nutrition program)...

I've been reading the thread since am looking to apply for accommodation myself, and you seem to be quite popular and helpful around, so thought why not ask u a little and get to know you personally :h:!

So as I said am a postgrad international student, and I guess am lost between choosing uni residence or going for private halls.. Well if I choose uni residences, and am going for en-suite, which do u think is a better choice (if u've seen them for urself): Leodis or Sentinel? And why do u think so :smile: Thnx a lottt in advance!! Tc..

Hi :h:, oh cool, where are you from?

I try to, don't know much tbh, but i'll try to help :smile:

Depends what you're after i guess, like private halls would probably be cheaper, but less social unless you have a lot of other people in your situation going there with you, people there might not even be in uni or not same one as you. I've seen Leodis but not sentinel, and leodis is like a 5-7mins walk uphill to get to university, really really close, a shop on the way too plus there's a shop in the students union which is on the premises and it's not too far from town, but sentinel is closer to the city centre and it has a reputation of being more quiet. Personally i'd go for leodis between the 2, but we're probably after different things :smile:
Original post by maya_01

if it helps sentanial is set up more for postgrads so you would be with people of your own age :smile: plus it was nice when i saw it :smile: x
Reply 1997
if it helps sentanial is set up more for postgrads so you would be with people of your own age :smile: plus it was nice when i saw it :smile: x

Leodis has post grads as well
Sentinel Towers is aimed more at those wanting a quieter environment to live in, Leodis isn't. That is the main difference between the two as far as I see it :smile:
Reply 1999
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
Sentinel Towers is aimed more at those wanting a quieter environment to live in, Leodis isn't. That is the main difference between the two as far as I see it :smile:

:yep: and you chose CD over me :hmmm:

Latest