The Student Room Group

White people rule the world!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by peaceman
sorry but have to challenge this vulgar marxism about exploitation. as a history student i know that all empires and without exception exploited their conquests it is not the cause of the progress it is the symptom of the conquests.

also, because greece is part of the west and so was rome the west just shifted into europe from the ancient world so to say the west was always behind is not true. it rose to prominence because of its massive technological advancements.

yes, thank you for bringing up indias contribution to mathematics. it annoys me when people attribute the concept of zero to islam for example. which was an indian concept.

Yeah all great empires have exploited their conquests to some extent. But with European countries in comparison to China for instance, they were a lot more aggressive. Probably because it is built up of a lot more countries going at each other and more competition = more need to improve their own countries to get one over on others. Like I said China had all the opportunities to exploit Africa's natural resources but they didn't...

I think this is OP's ideal world lol:

Reply 61
Original post by dosvidaniya
Yeah all great empires have exploited their conquests to some extent. But with European countries in comparison to China for instance, they were a lot more aggressive. Probably because it is built up of a lot more countries going at each other and more competition = more need to improve their own countries to get one over on others. Like I said China had all the opportunities to exploit Africa's natural resources but they didn't...

I think this is OP's ideal world lol:

china would not have needed those resources because it did not have any use for them.

china turned in on itself for a number of reasons but clearly that mentality is gone and so in a world of short resources who know how it will act is is silly to think otherwise.
Original post by Silver Arrow

Why is is that Europeans developed before everyone else and did so at such a rapid rate?

Discuss.

disease, agriculture and geography
china would not have needed those resources because it did not have any use for them.

china turned in on itself for a number of reasons but clearly that mentality is gone and so in a world of short resources who know how it will act is is silly to think otherwise.

Of course they could of made use of Africa's vast resources or they could have made use of them in other ways... They could have expanded their empire which would have made it very, very hard for Europe to catch up to them. But becasue of a lack of aggressiveness and maybe even stubbornness of not accepting things outside their way of doing things, along with many other reasons obviously, this didn't happen.

What, do you mean how China would act in modern times ? Not sure what you mean here...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
Every civilisation has its rises and falls. I believe the time of humans is over as all human civilisations have prevailed. Now it is the time of our alien invaders
Reply 65
Of course they could of made use of Africa's vast resources or they could have made use of them in other ways... They could have expanded their empire which would have made it very, very hard for Europe to catch up to them. But becasue of a lack of aggressiveness and maybe even stubbornness of not accepting things outside their way of doing things, along with many other reasons obviously, this didn't happen.

What, do you mean how China would act in modern times ? Not sure what you mean here...

i am a history student myself and so i have studied these periods and no china had no use for resources because the industrial revolution and the technological advancements all happened in the west and so a need for resources came from those. china would have been overtaken anyway no matter what it did.

my point is china now has the technology and it is already very hungary for more resources and i for one see early sign of empire being laid down with its aggressive trading in africa. which is how all empire started in india for example formal trade agreements from the british eventually became formal empire.
i am a history student myself and so i have studied these periods and no china had no use for resources because the industrial revolution and the technological advancements all happened in the west and so a need for resources came from those. china would have been overtaken anyway no matter what it did.

my point is china now has the technology and it is already very hungary for more resources and i for one see early sign of empire being laid down with its aggressive trading in africa. which is how all empire started in india for example formal trade agreements from the british eventually became formal empire.

Yeah so do I. It's just that China didn't have the same mentality that Europe had, If they wanted they could have brought slaves back from Africa like the Portugese or something, plus this was a bit before the industrial revolution... They could have easily embarked on expansionism to ensure their position as a great power but they didn't. Many reasons for this but the point is that they easily could of and because they didn't this is one of the reasons why Europe were able to grow so much.
Reply 67
Yeah so do I. It's just that China didn't have the same mentality that Europe had, If they wanted they could have brought slaves back from Africa like the Portugese or something, plus this was a bit before the industrial revolution... They could have easily embarked on expansionism to ensure their position as a great power but they didn't. Many reasons for this but the point is that they easily could of and because they didn't this is one of the reasons why Europe were able to grow so much.

oh for sure china had a different mentality from other expansionist empires. i do not know if they had the capability to take on the arabs or europeans in those days anyway it would have been interesting. however clearly they now have the mentality.

also, it is not true to say china did not get involved in the slave trade because the arabs traded their african slaves a lot with china.
Original post by Genius7
Go to Japan when I went their I was blown away they had 3D cameras and so on when Europe was just starting to come out with 3D cinemas. Japan is miles further ahead if you ever go there you will understand their technological superiority.

Oh, and yet a read of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_film mentions nothing of this. I wonder why? Is it because you are talking out of your arse?

Original post by Genius7

Japan being more advanced than Europe and the UK is not a myth but a fact. Obviously not all areas of Japan are most advanced but areas like Tokyo are deffo further ahead.

No, it is not a fact. As I have said, Japan has more advanced robotics, and that is pretty much it. Don't get me wrong, Japan is a fantastic country, but I fear that too many people confuse them having a completely different cultural style with them being more advanced than us.
not really, they are getting less dominant that is why they taking countries over because they are scared they will be taken over soon..... sorry
Reply 70
As the title suggests... By white people i mean rich Western countries.
Examples include USA, Canada & Australia. None of these countries are native to Europeans but they're now inhabited almost exclusively by them. Native populations were decimated and/or marginalised especially in the case of Australia.
Look at all the conflicts going on in the world right now. Europeans are either to blame for them or are profting from them sometimes both.
Why is is that Europeans developed before everyone else and did so at such a rapid rate?

Discuss.

I just don't understand why it's such a problem. I'm not a hippy, far from it, I just don't know why people can't live in peace. Ok, so where's white people in countries that aren't their native place. So what?
Original post by P4TRiiCE
I just don't understand why it's such a problem. I'm not a hippy, far from it, I just don't know why people can't live in peace. Ok, so where's white people in countries that aren't their native place. So what?

It's stupid how they tell people to go back to their own country when they themselves aren't in their own native country. This would be the case with Americans and Australians.
Reply 72
It's stupid how they tell people to go back to their own country when they themselves aren't in their own native country. This would be the case with Americans and Australians.

Oh ok, I see where you're coming from with that. I think everybody should just be free to live wherever they want.
Reply 73

yes, but the western nations were conquerers that built civilisations. the two great imperial powers of the past 1500 years have been islam and the west. but i never hear these arguments directed at anyone apart from the west.

are you saying you perceive islam as a conquering people in the west?
yes, but the western nations were conquerers that built civilisations. the two great imperial powers of the past 1500 years have been islam and the west. but i never hear these arguments directed at anyone apart from the west.

are you saying you perceive islam as a conquering people in the west?

WTF where does Islam come in all this?
Original post by P4TRiiCE
Oh ok, I see where you're coming from with that. I think everybody should just be free to live wherever they want.

Yeah well that's not the case in real life.
Reply 76
WTF where does Islam come in all this?

because i see you using the trick of trying to use the guilt card against the west. i have an immigrant background myself but i see the terrible problems with the present system of mass migration.
because i see you using the trick of trying to use the guilt card against the west. i have an immigrant background myself but i see the terrible problems with the present system of mass migration.

LOLWTF? You are paranoid. I never said anything about Islam or guilt tripping the West.
Reply 78
RACISM.

If I was to point out that black African people are the poorest people in the world in a negative manner, that would be considered racism (especially on this one-way left wing forum).

You are pointing out that white people are the richest people in the world in a negative manner. I'm calling racism.

I am offended by your negative views towards white people.
Reply 79
Yeah well that's not the case in real life.

Yeah I realise that, I'm just saying what I think things should be like. Well I'm not bothered about white people living in different countries 'cause I'm black so that doesn't really make me a native here so y'know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending