The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

La Corda D'Oro - At which episode does secondo passo start? Crunchyroll claims to have put primo and secondo passo together, yet calls all episodes primo passo? Confusing :s-smilie:
Reply 1261
Finished rewatching war in the pocket, now I need to watch something cheerful.:emo:

up to ep 20 of SDF Macross Focker :zomg:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1262
Has anyone seen Witchblade before? Any good? Won it in a pub quiz :colone:
Reply 1263
I've been watching Rose of Versailles. Spoilers: Louis XV of France dies of smallpox. Also I think there might be a little unrest coming, the narrator keeps mentioning some kind of revolution.

Zavvi.com's running a substantial sale of Manga Entertainment DVDs and BRs at the moment, here. Looks like you can get Guyver for less than £1 a disc, though I don't think all the deals there really represent great savings. (And of course it's hard for retailers to compete with torrent pricing...)

Original post by vin
up to ep 20 of SDF Macross Focker :zomg:

Spoiler

Pineapple salad is lethal stuff. Lethal.
Original post by Keoje

I'm assuming Tru would be the one to speak to, he put it forward as a review series ages ago. :dontknow:
Reply 1265
Original post by QHF

Pineapple salad is lethal stuff. Lethal.

I thought something didnt sound right when she first mentioned it.:s-smilie: Will have to avoid it in reality.:sadnod:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm assuming Tru would be the one to speak to, he put it forward as a review series ages ago. :dontknow:

Didnt you and cara also watch it.:hmmm:
Original post by vin
I thought something didnt sound right when she first mentioned it.:s-smilie: Will have to avoid it in reality.:sadnod:

Didnt you and cara also watch it.:hmmm:

This is going back to the days when ~3-4 episodes were considered enough to review a series; I've not watched any more than that, and Cara lists it dropped too. :dontknow:
Wow, great sale! I think a lot of that stuff is worth it! Do you know how much 1.11 is retailing for on the high street right now?

Persevering with my girlfriend and Wolf's Rain. We just watched the glorious roadtrip episode. :biggrin: At least she likes Quent, and thinks Hubb is cute! Also, I'd forgotten quite how hilarious the Blue/Hige chemistry was. I don't think any of this is spoilery enough to be spoilers, but I'm willing to be told otherwise!

One of my (female, heterosexual) friends loves Witchblade, and even bought a pervy-as-hell 1/6 scale figure of the main character at a con. She just thinks the characters are great and the action is good, I think. Based on the character designs alone, I think that show would give me a brain hemorrhage, but to each their own. :s-smilie:

Rose of Versailles... :love:

- Pips
Reply 1268
Original post by Keoje

One of Gonzo's lesser offerings. Still, in comparison with everything else they've produced, I'd say it averages out as watchable. I found it entertaining enough.
Reply 1269
Zavvi has some surprising deals at the moment, £15ish for a full series.:lolwut: even soul eater with 50 eps. I remember back when they'd charge £20 for like 4 eps.:giggle: http://www.zavvi.com/dvd/best-selling.list
This week's Bunny and Tiger was great, but for me the best part was the news ticker calling Tiger a "doofus". :biggrin:

- Pips
Reply 1271
Original post by Pippin4242
Do you know how much 1.11 is retailing for on the high street right now?
Unfortunately I don't -- no BR player, so my mind tends to screen out BRs.

Rose of Versailles... :love:
Yes! For a long time it was kicking around on my list of things to try as one of those obligatory This is Important titles. But it turns out that it's not a chore to watch it, quite the opposite.

And I like Oscar's von Lohengramm hair.
Reply 1272
Original post by QHF
Zavvi.com's running a substantial sale of Manga Entertainment DVDs and BRs at the moment, here. Looks like you can get Guyver for less than £1 a disc, though I don't think all the deals there really represent great savings. (And of course it's hard for retailers to compete with torrent pricing...)

Oh hoh, that's definitely a bargain! They've got a Summer Wars/The Girl Who Leapt Through time box set and I'm very tempted to buy it since those two are some of my favourite movies. Free delivery too! Aahh! :colondollar:

Gintama 213. Not as action-packed as I thought it would be considering it's suppose to be the episode where they save Kabuki-cho. Still a good episode though. :biggrin:

I've finished Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro and I enjoyed it. The main mystery in the story wasn't as exciting as they made it out to be, but the mini mysteries and cases they did were quite enjoyable.
It was a little more bloody and gory that I expected but it worked well enough with the story line. I found out Takehito Koyasu voiced the main character, so I pretty much became biased. Ha. :biggrin: Oh and Paku Romi was the voice of the main villain. :smile:

One series down, a few more to go. :biggrin:
Reply 1273
Minmay in sdf macross is somewhat annoying.:indiff:
Went to see my girlfriend, and begged her to pay back what she owes me for a new external HD, even though I owe her money, so that we could both blow some on the sale. I ended up getting the Girl Who Leapt Through Time/Summer Wars BD set (she has a PS3, and we watch most films together anyway), Sherlock Hound, and Rin. She picked up Buso Renkin, Devil May Cry BD, FMA:B BD pt.2, and 1.11 BD. I can't wait to watch more FMA with her! :biggrin: I should wear my BONES shirt. :tongue:

- Pips
Finishing up Tentai Senshi Sunred alongside my forays into One Piece. :biggrin: My problem is that I've read about forty chapters of One Piece already, but it was more than a year ago. So there's nothing new there, but I really do have to watch it, or I won't know what the hell's going on. I know I stalled round about the chapters where they were picking up Usopp. That can't be too far away, right?
In any case, Sunred is bloody genius, as usual. Some of the jokes can be a little drawn-out, or fall flat, but it's far funnier than most mainstream comedy. I'm just a harsh judge because I'm a big stand-up fan. :tongue: The robot-building episode was just perfect. :biggrin:

- Pips
Finishing up Tentai Senshi Sunred alongside my forays into One Piece. :biggrin: My problem is that I've read about forty chapters of One Piece already, but it was more than a year ago. So there's nothing new there, but I really do have to watch it, or I won't know what the hell's going on. I know I stalled round about the chapters where they were picking up Usopp. That can't be too far away, right?

Kuro arc begins on episode 9, and ends on episode 18. You'll be into new material in no time. :yes:
Reply 1277
SDF Macross 28:s-smilie:

Spoiler

Wasnt really sure what to expect from this series aside from some old sci fi and some singing.:tongue: But there hasnt really been that much singing in it. The love triangles havnt seemed to get as much screentime as I expected. I did find the culture clash with the humans and zentradi very interesting.:beard: Their society is completely geared for war. So human society would be very ...alien to them.:giggle:

Pacing is not what I expected either. Things seem to happen very fast.:lolwut: I guess I just expect older series to drag on.:redface:

All that said the actual animation is not great.:erm: Ive noticed quite a bit of reused footage in battles.:hmmm: and at times a low amount of frames when the planes are flying.:hmmm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1278
Original post by vin
All that said the actual animation is not great.:erm: Ive noticed quite a bit of reused footage in battles.:hmmm: and at times a low amount of frames when the planes are flying.:hmmm:
I think (not that I know much about animation) SDF Macross's animation is a pretty mixed bag: on the one hand you have the neat mecha designs and Itano circus, and on the other you have a fair bit of re-use and money-saving. If you've not seen it yet, I strongly recommend watching Do You Remember Love? when you're done with the TV series, because DYRL looks absolutely stunning.

--

I've been watching Yes! Precure 5, which is... well, it's Precure, so it's designed to sell toys to little girls, and there's not a lot to be said about it. The bad guys are a dysfunctional corporation (based in a skyscraper with horns on top!) full of suits who hate each other and obsess about project schedules and budgets, so maybe you could argue it presents a surprisingly accurate picture of adult life.
Reply 1279
Original post by QHF
I think (not that I know much about animation) SDF Macross's animation is a pretty mixed bag: on the one hand you have the neat mecha designs and Itano circus, and on the other you have a fair bit of re-use and money-saving. If you've not seen it yet, I strongly recommend watching Do You Remember Love? when you're done with the TV series, because DYRL looks absolutely stunning.

This is my first foray into the old macross series. Ive only seen Frontier and Zero previously.:yep:

Latest