The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by History-Student
10th highest poster in the thread. First one back in November. I was already very much indoctrinated by the epicness of Misfits.

I wasn't insinuating you were a newbie, just the two other people who I was too lazy to quote were!
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I wasn't insinuating you were a newbie, just the two other people who I was too lazy to quote were!

Then I apologise. Please don't ban me Mrs. Moderator, ma'am :adore:
Defs a think of the past. He is now dating an ugly spanish girl :rant:

The lipsy one is GORGEOUS and will be easy to accessorise, plus the colour would REALLY suit you! And it'll look good in photos!

Well if he has such poor taste he obviously isn't worth any of your time energy or thoughts :yep:

I'm tempted to buy both and see which one suits me better. I slighlty prefer the lipsy one and adore the colour, but sometimes bright blues can wash me out and make me look a bit ill :s-smilie: (Tbh, this is just me making excuses to buy both :tongue: )

I did the most blonde thing a couple of weeks ago :rolleyes: I was procrastinating from revision and stalking all my friends formsprings, so decided to look yours up. I was shocked cos you were giving really strong and quite controversial opinions on everything. I bookmarked it and kept on going back to it every few days cos it was very entertaining, but really weird at the same time. Anyway, i stalked that for a few weeks, then saw the link to your formspring in your sig so clicked on it to see what racist / sexist / homophobic / ignorant stuff you were spewing out today (i'd assumed you'd been trolling) only to find that for the past few weeks i'd been stalking another greeneyedgirl's formspring :facepalm: Yours was actually a lot less controversial :tongue:
Original post by History-Student
Then I apologise. Please don't ban me Mrs. Moderator, ma'am :adore:

Mrs? Oh yeah, I'm married to hobo lol! :colondollar:

Original post by minimus777
Well if he has such poor taste he obviously isn't worth any of your time energy or thoughts :yep:

I'm tempted to buy both and see which one suits me better. I slighlty prefer the lipsy one and adore the colour, but sometimes bright blues can wash me out and make me look a bit ill :s-smilie: (Tbh, this is just me making excuses to buy both :tongue: )

I did the most blonde thing a couple of weeks ago :rolleyes: I was procrastinating from revision and stalking all my friends formsprings, so decided to look yours up. I was shocked cos you were giving really strong and quite controversial opinions on everything. I bookmarked it and kept on going back to it every few days cos it was very entertaining, but really weird at the same time. Anyway, i stalked that for a few weeks, then saw the link to your formspring in your sig so clicked on it to see what racist / sexist / homophobic / ignorant stuff you were spewing out today (i'd assumed you'd been trolling) only to find that for the past few weeks i'd been stalking another greeneyedgirl's formspring :facepalm: Yours was actually a lot less controversial :tongue:

Indeed he is not!

DO IT! Buying both is clearly the only correct option!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that is brilliant!
Reply 3224
Cant believe the ending...why would nathan do that, just for 2k? ..WHY, He has the best power in my opinion :x (tried to avoid spoilers) :biggrin:
Reply 3225
Mrs? Oh yeah, I'm married to hobo lol! :colondollar:

You forgot we were married?? :colonhash:

I've had to sell my Reading ticket :sad:
Original post by hobo06
You forgot we were married?? :colonhash:

I've had to sell my Reading ticket :sad:

Not forgot, just odd being referred to as a mrs :yep:

I saw :cry: well I don't think I've got a volunteering spot anyway, and work wouldn't want me to take time off :sadnod:
Reply 3227
Not forgot, just odd being referred to as a mrs :yep:

I saw :cry: well I don't think I've got a volunteering spot anyway, and work wouldn't want me to take time off :sadnod:

At least I won't miss seeing you there! It wasn't the strongest of line ups, but still a few bands I was looking forward to :sad:

Good news is, I have an assessment day for M&S management training scheme in 2 weeks :biggrin: (current employer bunch of ********s with management training there, cut my hours to work part time as I'm fed up with it, now working 2 jobs to make up the money (hence having to sell ticket) but probably handing in my notice at the 1st tomorrow unless they have some satisfactory info for me...I asked them to ring me over the weekend and I would go in to talk to them, they haven't, so I'm guessing they haven't :colonhash:)
Original post by hobo06
At least I won't miss seeing you there! It wasn't the strongest of line ups, but still a few bands I was looking forward to :sad:

Good news is, I have an assessment day for M&S management training scheme in 2 weeks :biggrin: (current employer bunch of ********s with management training there, cut my hours to work part time as I'm fed up with it, now working 2 jobs to make up the money (hence having to sell ticket) but probably handing in my notice at the 1st tomorrow unless they have some satisfactory info for me...I asked them to ring me over the weekend and I would go in to talk to them, they haven't, so I'm guessing they haven't :colonhash:)

I might be going for a day (sunday) but no idea!

YAY that is good news! Urgh sucks that they've all messed you about so much :jumphug:
Reply 3229
I might be going for a day (sunday) but no idea!

YAY that is good news! Urgh sucks that they've all messed you about so much :jumphug:

When did you plan on telling me we had a son??
Original post by hobo06

This is why i love this thread.
By the way did anyone see this picture that Channel 4 just posted on Twitter? http://ow.ly/i/ddJq The guy on the right is actually Rudy, although you'd probably be forgiven for thinking it's Simon, given they have exactly the same hairstyle. I know I'm plucking at thin air but don't you think it's weird that they seemingly have the same hair? It's in profile I know but they look very similar to me. Also, they're wearing the traditional orange jumpsuits, I thought they'd finished their community service at the end of series 2, or am I forgetting something from the Christmas special?
Reply 3232
Original post by minimus777
This is why i love this thread.

The weirdest relationships you'll ever encounter :biggrin:

Original post by Man-in-the-Moon
By the way did anyone see this picture that Channel 4 just posted on Twitter? http://ow.ly/i/ddJq The guy on the right is actually Rudy, although you'd probably be forgiven for thinking it's Simon, given they have exactly the same hairstyle. I know I'm plucking at thin air but don't you think it's weird that they seemingly have the same hair? It's in profile I know but they look very similar to me. Also, they're wearing the traditional orange jumpsuits, I thought they'd finished their community service at the end of series 2, or am I forgetting something from the Christmas special?

The head guy or whatever said after series 2 he would find a way to get them back into the jumpsuits...so they presumably do something in the first episode to get them back on community service. Or maybe in the webisodes (is that how they're doing it?) before the new series that explain what happens to Nathan.
They do look quite similar from that photo, maybe a reason for it, or maybe just coincidence...
Original post by hobo06
The weirdest relationships you'll ever encounter :biggrin:

The head guy or whatever said after series 2 he would find a way to get them back into the jumpsuits...so they presumably do something in the first episode to get them back on community service. Or maybe in the webisodes (is that how they're doing it?) before the new series that explain what happens to Nathan.
They do look quite similar from that photo, maybe a reason for it, or maybe just coincidence...

I definitely look too far into things like this, but knowing Misfits I reckon it could be more than just coincidence if they do end up looking similar in the final show. Given that Rudy is a new character the writers and designers would want to do as much as possible to differentiate him from the rest of the group, so I think they wouldn't make him look similar to the others without a good reason.
Original post by hobo06

At Reading :yep:

Original post by Man-in-the-Moon
I definitely look too far into things like this, but knowing Misfits I reckon it could be more than just coincidence if they do end up looking similar in the final show. Given that Rudy is a new character the writers and designers would want to do as much as possible to differentiate him from the rest of the group, so I think they wouldn't make him look similar to the others without a good reason.

Ooo interesting...different nose to Simon though!
Reply 3235
In With The Flynns is where I saw the probation worker!
So I finished watching every episode of Misfits so far last night. First series: excellent, some of the best TV I've ever seen. Second series: also excellent, but I felt it began to slide into silliness towards the end. The thing with the milk was just weird, and it made me feel a bit sick, but apart from that still totally gripping.

Can't wait for series 3 :borat:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
So I finished watching every episode of Misfits so far last night. First series: excellent, some of the best TV I've ever seen. Second series: also excellent, but I felt it began to slide into silliness towards the end. The thing with the milk was just weird, and it made me feel a bit sick, but apart from that still totally gripping.

Can't wait for series 3 :borat:

:ahee: glad you enjoyed so much. The milk was weird, but I quite liked it, what other show can use lactointolerance as an awesome advantage :tongue:
does anybody know when the next series will begin? September or so I'm guessing.
Reply 3239
November the first 2 series were.
Though there's a web episode to come first, which could be anytime I guess
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest